POLL - TSW Mock 2.0 - Who would you take with the 3rd round pick?

Virgil

POLL - TSW Mock 2.0 - Who would you take with the 3rd round pick?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take with the 3rd round pick?

• John Simpson, G, Clemson
    • Josh Uche, Edge, Michigan
    • Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington
    • Anfernee Jennings, Edge, Alabama
    • Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt
    • Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan
    • Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
    • Jason Strowbridge, DL, UNC
    • Troy Pride Jr, CB, Notre Dame
    • Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, App State

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, Uche is like a college version of Lorax. Michigan lined him up everywhere. Inside on the DL, on the edge, at LB dropping into coverage, the guy was all over that front, and he has 4.5 speed to go with it that you can see on tape. He's just undersized at like 245lbs. 

Yeah he seems like the perfect replacement for him once he gets his accustomed to playing in space.  High upside SAM

I would be very happy with Edge, WR as our top two picks in the draft.  As a big Michigan fan I would be ecstatic if we draft Donovan Peoples Jones and Josh Uche in rounds 2 and 3 somehow.  Both are very talented players and excellent athletes.  They were certainly not the reason that Michigan has underwhelmed the past few years.  Blame that on a QB named Shae and a Head Coach named Jim.  I think both have a lot of upside (especially DPJ).  And their best football should be ahead of them.  Go Blue!  Go Bills.  DPJ is also good at returning punts if he doesn't let the ball just bounce by him, which happened several times at Michigan.

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I would be very happy with Edge, WR as our top two picks in the draft.  As a big Michigan fan I would be ecstatic if we draft Donovan Peoples Jones and Josh Uche in rounds 2 and 3 somehow.  Both are very talented players and excellent athletes.  They were certainly not the reason that Michigan has underwhelmed the past few years.  Blame that on a QB named Shae and a Head Coach named Jim.  I think both have a lot of upside (especially DPJ).  And their best football should be ahead of them.  Go Blue!  Go Bills.  DPJ is also good at returning punts if he doesn't let the ball just bounce by him, which happened several times at Michigan.

Jim hasn't got a clue once his rah rah effect wears off. Eventually he will have to... you know..... coach. 

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Jim hasn't got a clue once his rah rah effect wears off. Eventually he will have to... you know..... coach. 

He will  do what he always does: Exhaust the people he works for with his hyper behavior. If you take too many sips of high octane expresso you end up with your nerves being jangled. When he predictably moves on after his obsessive and compulsive act wears thin the sensation is always the same for the bosses he worked for i.e. relief. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He will  do what he always does: Exhaust the people he works for with his hyper behavior. If you take too many sips of high octane expresso you end up with your nerves being jangled. When he predictably moves on after his obsessive and compulsive act wears thin the sensation is always the same for the bosses he worked for i.e. relief. 

Yep. The Jose Mourinho of American Football. Only without the titles to back it up.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Harbaugh has been a big disappointment.  We didn't hire him to beat Maryland and Northwestern.  Team does not play with a lot of confidence against good teams.  Hopefully things get better this year with Shae Patterson gone.  Need a big time QB to be a big time program.  Our best QB under Harbaugh was Jake Ruddock in 2015 who came in as a 5th year grad transfer from Iowa.  Hopefully McCaffrey or Milton raise the team to a higher level.  

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Harbaugh has been a big disappointment.  We didn't hire him to beat Maryland and Northwestern.  Team does not play with a lot of confidence against good teams.  Hopefully things get better this year with Shae Patterson gone.  Need a big time QB to be a big time program.  Our best QB under Harbaugh was Jake Ruddock in 2015 who came in as a 5th year grad transfer from Iowa.  Hopefully McCaffrey or Milton raise the team to a higher level.  

His big game record as a Head Coach is not good. I always has him down as overrated. If you want a coach to take an underachieving bunch and make them competitive ring Jim Harbaugh. If you want a guy who can then take that team onto the next level to win? Fire Jim Harbaugh.  

I did not pick him, but the more I think about it, I'm like Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma, here. Who was it that said, you should pick a QB every year? He's been a winner, he's athletic--similar qualities as Josh A, he is the kind of player that could also be used in other roles--like Taysom Hill in NO.

Yeah, this idea is growing on me.

6 hours ago, CSBill said:

I did not pick him, but the more I think about it, I'm like Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma, here. Who was it that said, you should pick a QB every year? He's been a winner, he's athletic--similar qualities as Josh A, he is the kind of player that could also be used in other roles--like Taysom Hill in NO.

Yeah, this idea is growing on me.

He's the only player remaining on all 3 or the big boards in the draft sheet