POLL - TSW Mock 2.0 - Who would you take with the 3rd round pick?

Virgil

POLL - TSW Mock 2.0 - Who would you take with the 3rd round pick?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take with the 3rd round pick?

• John Simpson, G, Clemson
    • Josh Uche, Edge, Michigan
    • Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington
    • Anfernee Jennings, Edge, Alabama
    • Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt
    • Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan
    • Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
    • Jason Strowbridge, DL, UNC
    • Troy Pride Jr, CB, Notre Dame
    • Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, App State

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Claypool 

I’m glad I asked.   I might have gone with Bryant here, but he’d effectively be playing the same role as Claypool so I can’t do that.  Uche might end up playing a stand up role as a 3-4 OLB so I don’t think he fits that well.  Jennings would be a good pick and fit, but I like Pride and he’s a great fit for our Cover 3.  So give me the CB, Pride.  

John Simpson.    Solid value, a good guy to groom for Spain's spot after this year.

Also, I can''t see Uche lasting to #86.    Jennings is a 4th round pick to me...

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, hjnick said:

Why only 1 WR to choose from??? :doh:

Honestly probably shouldn't be up there at all. We took Claypool with the first pick. Between the Diggs play and Claypool, there's just no way we invest a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round pick into WRs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Uche. Bryant is just above him on my big board but we have a desperate need at edge.

I like Uche here a lot. He's got a bit of Yannick to him. You know, the guy everyone wants us to give up assets for and pay $20,000,000 per season? 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DCOrange said:

Honestly probably shouldn't be up there at all. We took Claypool with the first pick. Between the Diggs play and Claypool, there's just no way we invest a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round pick into WRs.

Think of it as a test for the board lol

• Haha (+1) 2

I just did a quick fanspeak mock draft just to see where these guys were ranked. 

John Simpson and Josh Uche both went in the early second round in that mock. 

I guess I'll pick one of those 2.

I’d take Antonio Gibson and put him at RB.

Since it’s not an option, I’d pick Uche or the best OT available.  I haven’t broken down many 3rd-4th rd OL prospects yet, so idk who I’d like.

i really hope Jennings isn’t the pick.  He’s a solid stout DE but I’d prefer the athleticism of Uche

Edited by NewEra

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d take Antonio Gibson and put him at RB.

Since it’s not an option, I’d pick Uche or the best OT available.  I haven’t broken down many 3rd-4th rd OL prospects yet, so idk who I’d like.

i really hope Jennings isn’t the pick.  He’s a solid stout DE but I’d prefer the athleticism of Uche

Yeah, Uche is like a college version of Lorax. Michigan lined him up everywhere. Inside on the DL, on the edge, at LB dropping into coverage, the guy was all over that front, and he has 4.5 speed to go with it that you can see on tape. He's just undersized at like 245lbs. 

• Like (+1) 3