uniforms I’d like to see us go back to for full time

12 hours ago, Irish Dave said:

The '90s era Red Helmets and Blue shirts are still the best to me!

?m=02&d=20070203&t=2&i=347115&r=347115&w

I like the red helmets and it seems we'll get to see those in 2021. But I think the red socks would loo sweet with the current unis. Particularly the white tops / blue bottoms combo. I mean that could be the best looking uniform in the history of the NFL, just sayin. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyGold said:

This has become a bit of a cause celebre for me over the years, so I apologize if I've already subjected you to this rant, but I HAVE TO SAY:
Those uniforms were never given a fair chance.

The dark tops were never intended to be worn with the dark bottoms, and the white tops were never intended to be worn with the white bottoms. 

Believe it or not, the players voted before a game that they wanted to wear the all navy blue get up, and the team NEVER wore them as intended from that point forward.

In video games, you can put them on the right way, and the actually look much, much, much better. The dark blue on white looks like an updated 90s jersey, and the white on dark blue looks like an updated throwback. Also, the side striping lines up when worn the right way, so there is consistency to the design.

image.thumb.png.47742c346ef5f3822b9d9341f553e3fc.png

This shows how the striping was intended to look.

Not saying that this is a GREAT uniform, by any stretch, but it is a massive improvement upon what they trotted out on a weekly basis.

It's too bad, too. Because if they wore them correctly, it would be a fun throwback every so often. 

I actually still would like to see any combination of this one time a year.

17 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I know this will probably never happen but in the light of other teams changing there uniforms, I’d like to see us go back to these uniforms if they were given the chance to change.

image.thumb.jpeg.b2b0beaa5d317a7560dc5ef6ca5a1b74.jpeg

image.jpeg.9ece2f5192c4f31534c5e700b9e2c535.jpeg

I don't get it... it's the same uniforms we're wearing now minus the helmets.

When they switch to the new uniforms, I'd figured everyone would be happy...they got as close to the Standing Buffalo uniforms as possible.

No need to change... I think we're good.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The blue jersey and white pants looks dumb, IMO

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before.

15 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

I think the current Bills uniforms are right where they should be.

Agreed.  The best they've looked in decades.  Top 5 in the NFL.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, cba fan said:

right. the shoulders stripes not original design.

And the numbers were not on the shoulders.

14 hours ago, UConn James said:

??. It’s black trim. And it’s entirely inconsistent in its placement. Between the red & blue/white on the shoulders, at the edge of the blue on the helmets and pants, at the edge of the red on the jerseys. Why was black even needed? It’s ‘90s BFBS (black for black’s sake). In this age of HD and 4K/8K, it’s not needed to keep colors from bleeding onscreen.

That and the collar that’s changed forty-eleven times since the 2011 redesign. Just make it blue (like the blue throwbacks) and be done with it.

As a third wish, I’d ask to have red trim on the name-on-back, as with the throwbacks. Having numbers with trim and names without just looks inconsistent.

Those are literally my only gripes. It is SO close to perfect.

Uhhhmmm.... ??

Other than the numbers being moved up to the shoulders because of space differences in New Jersey fits, the trim style / thicknesses on the blue throwbacks were absolutely consistent with the classics.

272B872A-90C0-48DB-980F-B521BB1D9AF6.jpeg

When you say "other than" it means never were they the same.

The shoulder numbers make the jersey look a lot better.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

they could go with red helmets and charging buffalo for throwbacks.

They can't. League doesn't allow teams to issue multiple helmets anymore. That's why teams like the Patriots can't do throwback uniforms with their old white helmets anymore.

Short of spending the time and money repainting ~50 helmets multiple times per year (without disrupting mid-season practices), it isn't going to happen.

Edited by Koko78

21 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Maybe I'm in the minority - but I never have cared what uni's they wear. Makes zero difference to me.

I am with you. 

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

They can't. League doesn't allow teams to issue multiple helmets anymore. That's why teams like the Patriots can't do throwback uniforms with their old white helmets anymore.

Short of spending the time and money repainting ~50 helmets multiple times per year (without disrupting mid-season practices), it isn't going to happen.

I think they have just changed that rule back on multiple helmets. Might be wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JohnnyGold said:

This has become a bit of a cause celebre for me over the years, so I apologize if I've already subjected you to this rant, but I HAVE TO SAY:

The dark tops were never intended to be worn with the dark bottoms, and the white tops were never intended to be worn with the white bottoms. 

Believe it or not, the players voted before a game that they wanted to wear the all navy blue get up, and the team NEVER wore them as intended from that point forward.

In video games, you can put them on the right way, and the actually look much, much, much better. The dark blue on white looks like an updated 90s jersey, and the white on dark blue looks like an updated throwback. Also, the side striping lines up when worn the right way, so there is consistency to the design.

Not saying that this is a GREAT uniform, by any stretch, but it is a massive improvement upon what they trotted out on a weekly basis.

It's too bad, too. Because if they wore them correctly, it would be a fun throwback every so often. 

I agree they looked better when worn with the contrast, but the uniforms were too busy in general. Too many colors, too many stripes.  I hope they burn the designs. The current uni's can stay.  They look like the Bills again.  These teams need to stop changing to try to sell more jerseys.  If you have a classic Uniform keep it and run.  Use 3rd jerseys to appeal to the gamers or the people who need a new Uniform just because it's new.

21 hours ago, JohnnyGold said:

Have to say I disagree. No matter how you combine them they don't look good. The aways are just vomit worthy. The homes, although still bad, do look slightly better than the aways. But all in all it's a uniform and an era of football that should be forgotten. Bad teams and a bad uniform to match.

57 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I agree they looked better when worn with the contrast, but the uniforms were too busy in general. Too many colors, too many stripes.  I hope they burn the designs. The current uni's can stay.  They look like the Bills again.  These teams need to stop changing to try to sell more jerseys.  If you have a classic Uniform keep it and run.  Use 3rd jerseys to appeal to the gamers or the people who need a new Uniform just because it's new.

I think that was the point of the league mandated color rush uniforms. A lot of fans hate them, but I don't mind the reds. Not my favorite, but they still look alright. I just wish they wouldn't wear red everything. They would look nice with white pants, although then you are straying into Patriots throwback territory.

9 hours ago, Koko78 said:

this has been discussed and I and others thought a red vinyl wrap could solve the issue as college does it now.

but NFL is now likely relaxing the one helmet rule per reports. This opens the door for multiple color helmets and Eagles owner lead the push as they want to wear kelly green helmets as throwbacks. https://www.forbes.com/sites/demetriusbell/2020/03/25/the-nfl-is-considering-a-potential-change-to-its-one-helmet-rule-for-2021-season/#6f79068256ff

Ironically it would also open the door for Pats to wear white Pat logo helmet.  This will seqway nicely into the crappy way they use to play in those nice old helmets ushering in the new post Brady suck they are about to embark on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, cba fan said:

this has been discussed and I and others thought a red vinyl wrap could solve the issue as college does it now.

but NFL is now likely relaxing the one helmet rule per reports. This opens the door for multiple color helmets and Eagles owner lead the push as they want to wear kelly green helmets as throwbacks. https://www.forbes.com/sites/demetriusbell/2020/03/25/the-nfl-is-considering-a-potential-change-to-its-one-helmet-rule-for-2021-season/#6f79068256ff

Ironically it would also open the door for Pats to wear white Pat logo helmet.  This will seqway nicely into the crappy way they use to play in those nice old helmets ushering in the new post Brady suck they are about to embark on.

Glad they're doing that. Requiring individual fitted helmets was a good safety move. Limiting teams to one fitted helmet per player (no matter what) was always silly.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I think that was the point of the league mandated color rush uniforms. A lot of fans hate them, but I don't mind the reds. Not my favorite, but they still look alright. I just wish they wouldn't wear red everything. They would look nice with white pants, although then you are straying into Patriots throwback territory.

Yeah, it was. I just hate those red uniforms. If they had an alternative blue uniform with a different type of striping or number font I wouldn't mind.  Those reds remind me of the Patriots too much.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

that is 1964 uni and Bills have only worn 1965 to celebrate last most recent AFL Championship. And on those 65 throwbacks they mucked up the sleeves and numbers placement. The stripes are too far apart on the white roads for example are the worst etc etc......

Edited by cba fan