uniforms I’d like to see us go back to for full time

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  While I love our current uniforms and want to keep them as is, id like to see those throwbacks 1-2 times a year.  Not a fan of the red unis either

I'll take issue with the reds.  I think they look really sharp!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I like the standing buffalo helmet.  The blue jersey and white pants looks dumb, IMO.

I’d like to see them go back to the old school alternative unis.  White standing Buffalo helmet with either white on white or blue on blue uniforms.

You like blue on blue better than blue on white? That's surprising. I think of all our current combinations my least favorite is the blue on blue, but I still don't mind seeing it once in a blue moon.

My favorite is the all whites. All whites with the throwback standing buffalo is super nice too.

13 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

The current uniforms with a throwback here and there are the best.  Can we all agree that the 2000 jerseys were by far the worst. 

The 2000's were terrible jerseys. Sad, because that's basically what I grew up with.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I know this will probably never happen but in the light of other teams changing there uniforms, I’d like to see us go back to these uniforms if they were given the chance to change.

image.thumb.jpeg.b2b0beaa5d317a7560dc5ef6ca5a1b74.jpeg

image.jpeg.9ece2f5192c4f31534c5e700b9e2c535.jpeg

I agree, they are classy

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I like the standing buffalo helmet.  The blue jersey and white pants looks dumb, IMO.

I’d like to see them go back to the old school alternative unis.  White standing Buffalo helmet with either white on white or blue on blue uniforms.

what??

blue on blue has never been old school. Meanwhile two color contrasting top and bottoms uniforms have been a thing forever.

the leotard blue on blue or red on red belongs on a Broadway stage. JMO 

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I know this will probably never happen but in the light of other teams changing there uniforms, I’d like to see us go back to these uniforms if they were given the chance to change.

image.thumb.jpeg.b2b0beaa5d317a7560dc5ef6ca5a1b74.jpeg

image.jpeg.9ece2f5192c4f31534c5e700b9e2c535.jpeg

The funny part about those jerseys is that they never were a throwback. A throwback means that they actually wore them at one point.

The Bills NEVER wore those jerseys until they brought back the standing bison logo 15 years or so ago.

45 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The funny part about those jerseys is that they never were a throwback. A throwback means that they actually wore them at one point.

The Bills NEVER wore those jerseys until they brought back the standing bison logo 15 years or so ago.

right. the shoulders stripes not original design.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I like our current uniforms a lot.  Would prefer they drop the navy blue trim though. 

??. It’s black trim. And it’s entirely inconsistent in its placement. Between the red & blue/white on the shoulders, at the edge of the blue on the helmets and pants, at the edge of the red on the jerseys. Why was black even needed? It’s ‘90s BFBS (black for black’s sake). In this age of HD and 4K/8K, it’s not needed to keep colors from bleeding onscreen.

That and the collar that’s changed forty-eleven times since the 2011 redesign. Just make it blue (like the blue throwbacks) and be done with it.

As a third wish, I’d ask to have red trim on the name-on-back, as with the throwbacks. Having numbers with trim and names without just looks inconsistent.

Those are literally my only gripes. It is SO close to perfect.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Uhhhmmm.... ??

Other than the numbers being moved up to the shoulders because of space differences in New Jersey fits, the trim style / thicknesses on the blue throwbacks were absolutely consistent with the classics.

272B872A-90C0-48DB-980F-B521BB1D9AF6.jpeg

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Irish Dave said:

The '90s era Red Helmets and Blue shirts are still the best to me!

?m=02&d=20070203&t=2&i=347115&r=347115&w

Amen Bro.   And the only thing the standing bison is missing is a scope target on it---beyond boring.

Edited by billsfan714

1 hour ago, Irish Dave said:

Red helments, overall same color patterns they currently have.  Throw backs should be this down to the white shoes.  Most hall of famers, most wall of famers, retired numbers, and the teams longest run of sustained success.  100% Buffalo needs to do it.

Edited by Mat68

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

I wonder if they will go back and wear the blue over white throwbacks? They haven't used those in a while. At the end of the day who cares as long as they win the game.

That blue over white "throwback" are almost identical to the current uniforms - they were so popular they became the inspiration for the current uniforms (along with the 70's running buffalo look).

1 hour ago, Irish Dave said:

Every... year...

The red helmets look like a$$ - and were just a pathetic attempt to get Ferguson to stop throwing to the other 4 teams in the AFC East who all wore white helmets.

The fact that we had our (LOSING) Super Bowl run doesn't fix the ugly.  JUST NO

Only thing worse - well two things worse:

- Bledsoe era dark blue with red helmets - absolute garbage

- All red "color rush" of recent years - my eyes are still bleeding from the game against the all-green Jets.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, purple haze said:

They were straight garbage.   

This has become a bit of a cause celebre for me over the years, so I apologize if I've already subjected you to this rant, but I HAVE TO SAY:
Those uniforms were never given a fair chance.

The dark tops were never intended to be worn with the dark bottoms, and the white tops were never intended to be worn with the white bottoms. 

Believe it or not, the players voted before a game that they wanted to wear the all navy blue get up, and the team NEVER wore them as intended from that point forward.

In video games, you can put them on the right way, and the actually look much, much, much better. The dark blue on white looks like an updated 90s jersey, and the white on dark blue looks like an updated throwback. Also, the side striping lines up when worn the right way, so there is consistency to the design.

image.thumb.png.47742c346ef5f3822b9d9341f553e3fc.png

This shows how the striping was intended to look.

Not saying that this is a GREAT uniform, by any stretch, but it is a massive improvement upon what they trotted out on a weekly basis.

It's too bad, too. Because if they wore them correctly, it would be a fun throwback every so often. 

• Like (+1) 1