Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

Not if you're using records that are not updated and refuse to verify the voter's identity.

Even with faulty records, with the intent to hide  ensure privacy, they still found voter fraud being committed. It indicates that it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Also, you're using the same EXCUSE that it doesn't happen enough to matter, after your initial assumption that it doesn't happen at all was easily proven false. Answer honestly, how much FRAUD is an acceptable amount... to allow something as simple as asking for ID's?

I never said it never happens. I asked for examples. That's you putting words into my mouth to make your case.

There are, and should be processes put in place for deceased people to A. Have their state issued ID canceled and B. Removed from the voter register. 

You've provided no evidence of any concerted effort to fraudulently register dead people to vote. At best you've given examples of deceased people who fell through the cracks and were not removed from the voter roles. At the same time, I don't get the sense that a thorough vetting of these findings have taken place to ensure they are not examples of false positives. More than one person can have the same name after all, and in a state of 40 million people it would not surprise me if 100-200 people have the same name as a dead person.  

Your assertion the the democratic party has orchestrated anything is as yet 100% unfounded by a single shred of evidence beyond your imaginative conjecture. If evidence of voter fraud by state or party officials does exist, they should absolutely be prosecuted with the maximum force of law. You supply none. 

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

With the vote by mail requirement, in order to vote for a dead person you'd have to have their driver's licenser, register them to vote at the address on the license, go online, request a ballot, input the correct social security number and driver license #, have the ballot sent to the previous address and then steal it from the mailbox.

I thought ID for voting was racist.

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

So you don't really care how voting by mail actually works? 

If it includes the ability of someone other than you to pick up your ballot at your house and fill it in for you on the way to the "post office"...like they do in CA?

Not on your ridiculously obtuse life.

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

If it includes the ability of someone other than you to pick up your ballot at your house and fill it in for you on the way to the "post office"...like they do in CA?

Governor Little is urging voters to vote by mail next week. Are you going to the polls?

Whoa - shocker! He is forcing voters to vote by mail. You should move to an even Trumpier state

Edited by Warren Zevon

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I have an obtuse life? Cool story.

In Illinois, we have to go online each election and request a mail in ballot. We have to provide our social security #, drivers id #, and address. 

The we get an email saying that the ballot has been mailed to us and what day we should expect to receive it. 

After filling the ballot out, we sign it. Our signature can be checked against our signature on our license. Then we mail it back in the envelope provided.

As soon as it's received, we get an email from the board of elections saying they received the ballot... If we never received it, we alert the board of elections. If we never received it, and they email us to say they received it from us, we alert the board of elections.

I'm trying really hard to imagine a concerted effort to send tens of thousands of people out to stalk the mailman, (or are the mailmen in on it to?) and steal the ballot before I get home and get the mail...

Are you also terrified when the dmv mails you your driver's license? 

In any event, it would be way more efficient to stuff the ballot at the poll where one or two cheaters could add hundreds or thousands of ballots to the mix rather than needing to procure thousands of ballots from thousands of touch points simultaneously... 

5 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I'm trying really hard to imagine a concerted effort to send tens of thousands of people out to stalk the mailman, (or are the mailmen in on it to?) and steal the ballot before I get home and get the mail...

You can't imagine someone putting in the effort to steal ballots, when crazies are setting fires, and rioting whenever a conservative speaker  is invited to a university.

90-cybergoth-dance-party.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Not to mention the democrats are already trying to legalize ballot harvesting... because no one would dare change anyone's vote after it's been handed over to a party official to be delivered.

30 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

You can't imagine someone putting in the effort to steal ballots, when crazies are setting fires, and rioting whenever a conservative speaker  is invited to a university.

90-cybergoth-dance-party.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Not to mention the democrats are already trying to legalize ballot harvesting... because no one would dare change anyone's vote after it's been handed over to a party official to be delivered.

I'm much more concerned with the potential for electronic manipulation than ballot stealing.

Also the idea of spastic antifa ravers engaging in a coordinating ballot stealing effort is kind of hilarious. Something tells me that wouldn't work out so well for them.

But you didn't address the actual built in security measures. You get an email that the ballot has been sent. If it doesn't arrive, you are responsible for alerting the board of elections. If the elections board receives your ballot you get a second email that it has been received. That's when you get on the phone and tell them you didn't send in that ballot. The stolen ballot gets thrown out and they send you a new one.

11 hours ago, Motorin' said:

This just tells me you have no understanding of how ballot harvesting works. It doesn't make you wrong so much as opinionated on something you don't understand.

Here is a nice story from the San Francisco Chronicle, which you will agree is no right wing nutbag publication.

Few people noticed when Gov. Jerry Brown signed the changes in AB1921 into law two years ago. In the past, California allowed only relatives or people living in the same household to drop off mail ballots for another voter. The new law allowed anyone, even a paid political campaign worker, to collect and return ballots — “harvesting” them, in political slang.

<snip>

They felt the hit on Nov. 6 — and in the days after, as late-arriving Democratic votes were tabulated and one Republican candidate after another saw leads shrink and then evaporate. This week, a seventh GOP-held congressional seat flipped to the Democratsleaving Republicans controlling a mere seven of California’s 53 House districts.

Educate, then opine. It happens in CA and if it happened country-wide, it would be the end of responsible voting as we know it because both sides would do it to a fault.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This just tells me you have no understanding of how ballot harvesting works. It doesn't make you wrong so much as opinionated on something you don't understand.

Here is a nice story from the San Francisco Chronicle, which you will agree is no right wing nutbag publication.

Educate, then opine. It happens in CA and if it happened country-wide, it would be the end of responsible voting as we know it because both sides would do it to a fault.

It would be like fan All Star voting:

https://abc7ny.com/419345/

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Motorin' said:

If the elections board receives your ballot you get a second email that it has been received. That's when you get on the phone and tell them you didn't send in that ballot.

Oh, I get it... Wondering how many dead people will get on the phone to complain it wasn't them that sent in the ballot?

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Oh, I get it... Wondering how many dead people will get on the phone to complain it wasn't them that sent in the ballot?

Phantom Menace 

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"California routinely counts large numbers of votes after election day, and mail ballots can arrive as late as Friday and still be counted as long as they were postmarked by Tuesday."

Therefore it must be fraud. No other possible explanation, other than you guys are all bark and no bite. 

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Therefore it must be fraud. No other possible explanation, other than you guys are all bark and no bite. 

I live in CA. Do you? 

Were you here in 2018? If not, then you don't know what the hell you're talking about. 

• Like (+1) 1