2 QBs that are former #1 overall picks and the Patriots don’t have a QB. Hmm.

Don’t get comfortable, here comes Belichick! Nothing is worse than false confidence/security. If anyone thinks that Belichick is just gonna roll over than they got another thing coming. Newton and Winston, similar abilities and both available.  I’m not buying the Stidham talk, expect Belichick to reinvent that offense. Nobody loves veterans that want to prove something more than Belichick.

Edited by Tipster19
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Don’t get comfortable, here comes Belichick! Nothing is than false confidence/security. If anyone thinks that Belichick is just gonna roll over thanksgiving they got another thing coming. Newton and Winston, similar abilities and both available.  I’m not buying the Stidham talk, expect Belichick to reinvent that offense. Nobody loves veterans that want to prove something more than Belichick.

He doesn’t have any cap room to sign either QB. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Belichick wants a guy to come in and run the system. The system is short to intermediate precise throws and taking care of the football. Don't take risks, just take what the defense gives you. Don't try to do too much.

Does that sound anything like Newton or Winston? They are two square pegs that do not fit into the round hole of NE's offense.

• Like (+1) 11

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Belichick wants a guy to come in and run the system. The system is short to intermediate precise throws and taking care of the football. Don't take risks, just take what the defense gives you. Don't try to do too much.

Does that sound anything like Newton or Winston? They are two square pegs that do not fit into the round hole of NE's offense.

My money is on the Pats ending up with Eason or Fromm. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

No matter who Belichick has at QB, I would still pick them to win the division. Cam would be our worse case scenario if can return to his MVP. 

There is no way that the hoodie will be sharing a podium with the guy in the scarf. No way. He's looking for someone who will fold in to the system like an Andy Dalton type player

• Like (+1) 3

Brady goes to Tampa and Belichick let’s him. Egos couldn’t be involved here, right?? I would think so. Belichick is going to reinvent that team, that’s what he does! The carries a 3/4 and a 4/3 hybrid defense. He went from a high octane passing attack when they had Moss and then he pulls out of his ass a multi TE offense with Gronk and Hernandez. Like any good info commercial like me que in “but wait, there’s more!”. When that offense ran it’s course he then goes to a platoon of RBs that catch out of the backfield and also incorporated the short to intermediate passing game and sprinkles in a couple of long balls just to keep you off balance. Anyone who thinks this guy is gonna stand pat just hasn’t watch him enough throughout the years. 

• Like (+1) 4

In the modern NFL good luck winning and finding a traditional drop back Qb.  I think Cam woukd make alot of sense.  Mcdaniels is too smart of an offensive mind to not take full adavantage of a Qb like Newton.  In moat break ups you go for the opposite of what you had.  I think NE goes athletic at the position.  Or they roll Stidham and Hoyer and Bill is shown to be HC mastermind or positions himself for Lawrence or Feilds.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

Good point and let me add that Winston and BB would never, ever get along imo. Did you see Winston on that pre-season series? He was so freaking annoying I had to turn it off. I don't think that BB would, or even could put up with Winston and his endless motor mouth under any conditions.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MJS said:

Agree with this. While they are very different neither is a great fit for the type of E-P scheme Belichick wants to run. I still say the best fit and the most sensible outcome is a Dalton trade. Because of the way his contract is constructed an extension is reasonably easy to do that brings his cap hit down but gives him some guarantees. I still think ultimately Cincy trades him too. No way he stays there as a backup. They likely want Burrow in the building and signed on the dotted line before it happens though.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, CBD said:

Could trade Thuney for a high-ish pick. Then use the room to sign a QB. 

No one's trading a top pick and paying Thuney $15M/year.  And with Dante Scarnecchia now gone, they'll need to keep as many good OL as possible.

As for Newton and Winston, neither can run the Cheaters' system and they still don't have WR's.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one's trading a top pick and paying Thuney $15M/year.  And with Dante Scarnecchia now gone, they'll need to keep as many good OL as possible.

If you could trade and extend though very easy to bring that cap hit down. I agree they will need to keep a good Oline but I think they have talent there.