Aiyuk undergoes surgery: could he fall to us?

ny33

1 hour ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Remember Duke was essentially a rookie and produced in limited action. I like him because he makes plays in traffic and gets separation (ie Jets and Houston) Sometimes a guy like Duke benefit from a better receiver corp

I want Duke to succeed as much as any player i can recall, great come back story BUT he when he had his shot when it was most critical to  making a tough but very catchable TD he didn't.  Had he made that TD catch vs Houston we most likely win that game.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

That would be spectacular. I’d be shocked if he gets by the Packers though.

I'm really curious to see what the Packers end up doing. I think Michael Pittman is a really good fit for them, though people that are not me would probably say that's too early for him. I think he checks all of the boxes the Packers and LaFleur are generally looking for though.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I want Duke to succeed as much as any player i can recall, great come back story BUT he when he had his shot when it was most critical to  making a tough but very catchable TD he didn't.  Had he made that TD catch vs Houston we most likely win that game.

That would have cemented his spot going forward.  It would have been a great grab, but he did get two hands on  it. Maybe I'm being a fan, but I want to see him go to camp and compete for a spot. Easy guy to root for. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I always get cynical when somebody says that there will be  2 or 3 times the number of players at a position THIS YEAR compared to other years.   I wonder if that is a herd mentality or experts quoting experts to build up a false narrative that everyone agrees on.   You might think that players would jockey the year they made themselves available in order to get in the $$$ first round.

If there are 15 -20 wide receivers getting drafted in the first two rounds AND we are looking for depth, realize that there are going to be 25-30 or so veteran WR getting dumped into the waiver wire or younger players stashed on practice squads.   There will be film on the waived veterans and we can get a known quality.   A "project" guy can be taken off the waiver wire and stashed on the depth chart  on the roster.  There are two more positions available there this year.   There is more than one way to play the game.  Remember the 3 draft picks we got by trading marginal OL depth.

55 wrs were invited to the combine. Most experts expect 35-45 wrs drafted. That would make this one of the deepest classes in 20 years. It would be foolish not to select at least 1 wr in this draft considering the age of Brown & Beasley. Who knows what becomes of Foster or Duke even though I think Duke has more upside.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He won’t be available.

And how does one come to the conclusion that Foster, Duke and McKenzie are better than the back half of most WR rooms? Foster and Duke are fringe NFL players. 

Because a lot of teams back half of rosters are fringe NFL players?

I mean....I WOULD like them to be better then that but......all teams face that problem

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

That would have cemented his spot going forward.  It would have been a great grab, but he did get two hands on  it. Maybe I'm being a fan, but I want to see him go to camp and compete for a spot. Easy guy to root for. 

From what I recall, it was a perfect pass.  It was very disappointing to see him muff it.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

From what I recall, it was a perfect pass.  It was very disappointing to see him muff it.

Maybe he should have, but if you watch that 4th qtr., JA was looking for Duke and he was the only one getting separation. At the risk of sounding irrational, I think the rookie needs another look. 

3 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Maybe he should have, but if you watch that 4th qtr., JA was looking for Duke and he was the only one getting separation. At the risk of sounding irrational, I think the rookie needs another look. 

I'd have to see the play again.  And I'm all for bringing him back and giving him a chance to compete.

16 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

I'm not going to judge Duke on that one play. What little we saw of him last year he made contested catches that Zay couldn't dream of making. I honestly don't see Foster, Easley or RayRay making this team. And if I had a choice between Aiyuk or Claypool @ 54 I'd take Brandon. This would allow McB to flex him as a KR/PR over Roberts if they choose that route?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm not going to judge Duke on that one play. What little we saw of him last year he made contested catches that Zay couldn't dream of making. I honestly don't see Foster, Easley or RayRay making this team. And if I had a choice between Aiyuk or Claypool @ 54 I'd take Brandon. This would allow McB to flex him as a KR/PR over Roberts if they choose that route?

I would go Claypool , and that would be pretty formidable. If Knox developed, wow.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Because a lot of teams back half of rosters are fringe NFL players?

I mean....I WOULD like them to be better then that but......all teams face that problem

That’s kinda my point...

Saying our bottom 3 WRs are better than most bottom 3 WR rooms is silly. They are jags just like pretty much all the bottom 3 guys on every other team.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Interesting, you are the only one to ever ask.  He is one of the main  protagonists in Blade Runner as portrayed by Rutger Hauer, here is his death scene

One of my absolute favorite movies!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Remember Duke was essentially a rookie and produced in limited action. I like him because he makes plays in traffic and gets separation (ie Jets and Houston) Sometimes a guy like Duke benefit from a better receiver corp

Guys like Duke become insurance salesmen from better receiving corps.

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He won’t be available.

And how does one come to the conclusion that Foster, Duke and McKenzie are better than the back half of most WR rooms? Foster and Duke are fringe NFL players. 

Is Williams a fringe NFL player? I seem to remember him having the most targets in our last playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I'm really curious to see what the Packers end up doing. I think Michael Pittman is a really good fit for them, though people that are not me would probably say that's too early for him. I think he checks all of the boxes the Packers and LaFleur are generally looking for though.

I agree with you.  He's a faster version of a young Randall Cobb.  He's a versatile player that can play in the slot or outside.  He can go deep and is a good YAC guy on shorter routes.  I don't expect him to be around at pick 54 but he would be a great value there.  I'm not sure that Beane will be locked into any particular position on day two.  He'll be looking for value that will improve the roster.  IMHO he'll be looking for guys that fall and for whom he has a higher draft grade than where they are available.  In the past, this has prompted him to trade up.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Is Williams a fringe NFL player? I seem to remember him having the most targets in our last playoff game.

Seriously? Yes, he’s still a fringe NFL player despite having the most targets in 1 game. ?