Bucs new uniforms

Greg S

LOL they go back to the Gruden era uniforms. They should’ve went back to these

image.jpeg.60141d4ae57323b7a41e4b492a45cbe9.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t pay attention to the Bucs at all to the point that I can’t tell the difference in their new uniforms.

They used to have cool looking uniforms before the end of Dungy and the beginning of Gruden. I hated the pirate flag with the skeleton head. The actual Buccaneer with the creamsicle colors were much better

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They used to have cool looking uniforms before the end of Dungy and the beginning of Gruden. I hated the pirate flag with the skeleton head. The actual Buccaneer with the creamsicle colors were much better

The problem is those Orange Creamcicle teams were SOOOO BAD that it's tough to go back to them unless the team is really good.

With the recent rule change allowing multiple helmets, I bet you'll see a throwback game or two in them for the Bucs next year.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The problem is those Orange Creamcicle teams were SOOOO BAD that it's tough to go back to them unless the team is really good.

With the recent rule change allowing multiple helmets, I bet you'll see a throwback game or two in them for the Bucs next year.

Yeah they were really bad from what I remembered. They never had QB worth a damn, I think that was their main problem, never having or properly developing a franchise QB

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Yeah they were really bad from what I remembered. They never had QB worth a damn, I think that was their main problem, never having or properly developing a franchise QB

Testeverde was good enough to build a team around. They just made a lot of other mistakes as well.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

That's such a huge improvement over the digital scale readouts they used to wear.

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Sorry. Too much stench of losing on the creamsicles. And that logo? 

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Testeverde was good enough to build a team around. They just made a lot of other mistakes as well.

Didn’t the fans make fun of him cause he was color blind? I think if I remember correctly, some fans rented a billboard and colored it and said that Vinny thinks this is orange. Cause I do remember him throwing a lot of INTS while we played down there

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's such a huge improvement over the digital scale readouts they used to wear.

That logo at least to me is cooler than the one they have which looks like a cartoon lol

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Didn’t the fans make fun of him cause he was color blind? I think if I remember correctly, some fans rented a billboard and colored it and said that Vinny thinks this is orange. Cause I do remember him throwing a lot of INTS while we played down there

Probably. He definitely wasnt perfect, but he should have been "good enough" if they could add around him.

They drafted Bo Jackson, who went to play baseball instead.

They had Steve Young, and made him look bad too.

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Probably. He definitely wasnt perfect, but he should have been "good enough" if they could add around him.

They drafted Bo Jackson, who went to play baseball instead.

They had Steve Young, and made him look bad too.

I remember that, Bo refused to play for them because of the owners at that time. And funny enough Steve ended up being a HOF’er after leaving Tampa lol. 

Tampa is the place where QBS careers never develop. The best they’ve had is the Brad and Rob Johnson combo????

I always find new uniform designs to be a cheap way for a coach to signal a "new era" for the team. I get that sometimes a look can be dated and it might help a team to have a new coat of paint. But overall things don't change simply because the players uniforms changed. 

44 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah but the logo goes perfect with Tom Brady. Perfect fit imo. 

Both are pretty bad imo. Hopefully the Rams are decent. I know the word mark has gotten some hate - but imo the jerseys are what matters. These are two fails. Im not sure which i dislike more. Both are faulty bc both teams had a great oppertunity to (although both claim they did) draw from the past to come up with something both aesthetically pleasing and classic. The bucs claim they went throwback, but is going back to something that was abandoned in 2013 really throwback? Its essentially how the sabres went old school after the slug. They went to a redesigned look of the old design but with some tewaks. These tweaks are essentially the difference in Nikes ability to replicate what Adidas once designed. The silver color of the pants for example is now longer possible to make by nike, so we get a dark smoke grey rather than shiny pewter. The sabres added under arm piping to fit with the reebok edge bc the jersey fit had changed from the ccm days.

Football jerseys have changed shape as well, so this was essentially an update with the tweek of the pole on the ship being behind the sail rather than the front. 

Now, the falcons?! YUCK. 1st off, with the drop shadow on the numbers?? This has been done ONCE well. Thats the 9ers 94 and now current throwbacks. Anything else looks very 90s and dated. Their previous current kit was dated in this same way. Rather than do what it seemed most people wanted and embrace their throwback w a home and away and maybe a red helmet, the continued the Nike trend of jerseys that look out of touch and date before they even hit the street.  Weird numbers, ATL just thrown under the collar WAY too large, and again...the stupid drop shadow. These fall right in line w the jets and the browns (**who once again are getting a redesign this offseason**) as just generic video gamey arena league designs. Nike actually seems to do college well. Im not sure if its the nfl restrictions or what, but  imo the only nike update thats worked was the very 1st, and even the Seahawks are now getting a little dated and their old throwbacks are starting to become popluar. 

The Broncos are the only team that now remains from the original Arena league looking overhaul from the early 2000s. The Bills bailed in 2011 thankfully and the Falcons are finally updated although they missed the boat. Luckily, along w that the trend of totally adopting a new colorway has diminished.

Its worth mentioning, neither team planned these knowing the helmet rule was going into the trash.

Im not sure it mattered, but why the Buccs said the fans wanted this (they all wsntsd bucco bucco Bruce back) and went back to 2013 rather than an update of the 70s i dont know.  Whats even weirder is they went w the right idea, but w the wrong concept. The falcons just missed the boat entirely rather than updating the red helmet Dion era.

And thats all i have to say about that;)

Edited by gobills1212