RIP John Prine

On 4/3/2020 at 7:54 PM, Uncle Joe said:

Fiona Prine says he he pneumonia in both lungs (see below). When I saw your post I thought he was not going to make it.
Now I am more hopeful that he will recover.

I pray he will recover.  Unfortunately the odds are grim.  People stay on ventilators for 2-4 weeks and either recover, or pass.  "Peripheral issues" do not sound good.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/john-prine-covid-19-update-977746/

Now, Fiona has updated fans on his condition. “Today is John’s 8th day in ICU,” she wrote Thursday night. “He is receiving excellent medical care and being treated with kindness and compassion by the entire team looking after him day and night. I cannot be with him which makes this nightmare all the more distressing for me.”

“As you know, John was put on a ventilator last Saturday,” she continued. “He still needs quite a bit of help with his breathing. Like many patients currently in ICU beds all around the world, John has pneumonia in both lungs. He has also developed some peripheral issues that are being treated with meds, including antibiotics. He is very ill and yet I remain hopeful that he can continue to fight this devastating virus and come home where we can care for him.”

• Thank you (+1) 3

Saw him a couple times. Great story songster. He regularly had a live segment where he went completely acoustic (no amps, PA system) in smaller, quaint venues. -think Shea’s. While you could hear a pin drop, you also could hear every note from his guitar and voice. Wonderful performance.

Rest in Peace, John. Thank you.

An absolute legend and one of the world's greatest story tellers.

This is a real ***** way for this man to leave this world … especially at 73.

RIP, Mr. Prine.

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

This one brought me to tears.

What a fighter this guy was.  Sad to see him go, but very thankful for the legacy which is inspiring a lot of really great folk/country artists right now.

Anyone know who is playing guitar with him at the end here?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

What a fighter this guy was.  Sad to see him go, but very thankful for the legacy which is inspiring a lot of really great folk/country artists right now.

Anyone know who is playing guitar with him at the end here?

According to YouTube comments - his son.

• Like (+1) 1