Report Bills may try and trade for Saints Alvin Kamara.

1 hour ago, ny33 said:

It’s not a news report from a credible source, nor does the article itself claim that the Bills “might trade for Kamara.” Did you even read what you linked?

As others have pointed out, this is no different from linking a random fan’s tweet, Facebook, or blog post. It amazes me how many people lack basic reading comprehension. 

Every post is speculation saying clowney might sign with the Bills on a one year prove it deal is the same thing. Yet there is a nine page thread on it. Just stop your harassment of me 

Edited by oldschoolfootball1963
  • Haha (+1) 2

Why would the Saints do this? Kamara is one of the most electrifying players in the league and a key cog to the Saints offense. I get that the Saints might be coming up against the cap in the coming years but they are in win now mode and they could always hold onto Kamara for 2020 and franchise him and trade him. I doubt they are going to trade one of their most valuable offensive weapons for a 2nd round pick when he still has one year left on his rookie deal. 

• Like (+1) 3

This report doesn’t sound anything more than my speculation and tea leaf reading. The Saints window is still open but it’s closing. Do they want to pay Kamara a bunch in that situation? Are they better off trying to acquire a pick and take a guy like Akers? Again, it was always speculation but it makes WAY too much sense for everyone. The Saints aren’t going to pay Kamara IMO. They can take the pick now or the compensatory pick when he leaves.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

This would make no sense for the Saints. They are a serious SB contending team with a HOF qb who is near the end of his career. So now is the time for them to go for the ultimate prize. If the Saints don't intend to pay him what he will expect to get in his next contract then they could just keep him until his contract runs out, and then let him go. When you are in a position to make a serious run then it makes sense to go for it. Now is not the time for them to worry about the future of this dynamic player. If need be use him to the max and then move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Fake News and a waste of time posting this nonsense.

Was this a Globe piece? 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This report doesn’t sound anything more than my speculation and tea leaf reading. The Saints window is still open but it’s closing. Do they want to pay Kamara a bunch in that situation? Are they better off trying to acquire a pick and take a guy like Akers? Again, it was always speculation but it makes WAY too much sense for everyone. The Saints aren’t going to pay Kamara IMO. They can take the pick now or the compensatory pick when he leaves.

Yep - keep the player and get the pick. :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah.  This has no ligitimacy at all.    

Let's not make TSW into Facebook...

Well we are already strung out on Twitter, so why not.. ?

2 different things at play here to be clear. There seems to be a misleading suggestion that a trade is there to be made. As far as we all know this hasn’t been discussed. 

The 2nd part though is much more likely. Kamara could absolutely be dealt this offseason. Now whether or not it’s the Bills is another question. The package(s) suggested make sense for both sides. He’s not some untouchable. AK is coming off a down year and it’s unlikely that the Saints pay him. They can get more today than if he walks next year. It’s not a definite but it’s a possibility.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

2 different things at play here to be clear. There seems to be a misleading suggestion that a trade is there to be made. As far as we all know this hasn’t been discussed. 

The 2nd part though is much more likely. Kamara could absolutely be dealt this offseason. Now whether or not it’s the Bills is another question. The package(s) suggested make sense for both sides. He’s not some untouchable. AK is coming off a down year and it’s unlikely that the Saints pay him. They can get more today than if he walks next year. It’s not a definite but it’s a possibility.

He’s on a rookie contract in what will likely be the last season for Brees.  There is no way he gets traded for a terrible package like what was suggested here.

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s on a rookie contract in what will likely be the last season for Brees.  There is no way he gets traded for a terrible package like what was suggested here.

I’m not trying to dispute that but as someone that lives in New Orleans and follows them pretty closely it’s certainly possible. He’s in the last year of his deal and wants to be paid top RB money. The Saints just committed a zillion dollars to Thomas (and rightfully so). Taysom isn’t going anywhere. They just paid Sanders. That doesn’t even factor in the unwarranted, ridiculous, contract Peat got. They have a TON of money tied up in the offense.

Brees is deep in the back 9 and believe it or not A LOT of people here were ready for him to move on. Kamara is in their plans for this year only in all likelihood. If he were to walk after this season they’d likely end up with a 3rd in the 2022 draft. The packages suggested are FAR superior to that. In fact, they are right in line with what it will take to get him. If you offered the Saints pick 54 I think they’d take it. Maybe you’d have to add one of the 6ths but that’s about what we are talking. The Saints could take one of the top 5 backs there (maybe the local guy in CEH) and have him on the rookie deal.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

Damn, I got excited for a minute. I thought maybe there was a legit rumor we were trying to trade for Kamara. 

It’s an exciting idea but I don’t really see why the saints do this, especially if this is Drew Brees’ last season like Sean Payton said.

I don’t see anything to this.  Tbh, I wouldn’t want this.  I’d rather have our 2nd rd pick and that player under contract for a mill a year as opposed to having Kamara for 1 year and possibly more but paying him crazy money.  

52 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

it’s a news report from a web site what’s your problem 

where’s the news??

someone is saying something = news I guess.