Conservative Supreme Court Says: Vote During Pandemic!

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Why shouldn't everyone with a Social Security # be issued a unique voter ID at the age of 18?

Because the system itself is illegitimate, democratic governance is a fraud perpetrated on the common man by the power elite to protect themselves, and the state, itself being illegitimate, does not have the just authority to compel individuals onto it’s voter roles.

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Because the system itself is illegitimate, democratic governance is a fraud perpetrated on the common man by the power elite to protect themselves, and the state, itself being illegitimate, does not have the just authority to compel individuals onto it’s voter roles.

Violence is inherent in the system and we're all being repressed! Let me know when and where to show up with my family pitchfork...

In any event, everyone should have the right to vote. I'd personally like to be able to look my number up in my state's public ledger and know that my vote wasn't manipulated.

There are others who want to ensure dead people can't vote, and there others concerned about large portions of the population being dropped from voting roles. 

I think everyone should be issued a unique federal voting # matched to your social security # when it comes time to register for Selective Services. Let's make it easier and fairer for everyone who wants to vote to do so, and make it more difficult to manipulate.

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I wonder where I've seen THIS point made before.

Unfortunately, your logical conclusion/remedy is fallacious.

On the scale of legitimacy, it’s certainly more legitimate than the totalitarian/monarchal state you advocate, Joe.

No state is legitimate.  It’s all a guise.  Democracy simply pulls a veil over the eyes of the people.

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Violence is inherent in the system and we're all being repressed! Let me know when and where to show up with my family pitchfork...

In any event, everyone should have the right to vote. I'd personally like to be able to look my number up in my state's public ledger and know that my vote wasn't manipulated.

There are others who want to ensure dead people can't vote, and there others concerned about large portions of the population being dropped from voting roles. 

I think everyone should be issued a unique federal voting # matched to your social security # when it comes time to register for Selective Services. Let's make it easier and fairer for everyone who wants to vote to do so, and make it more difficult to manipulate.

Again, the vote is not legitimate.

Far less than 50% of the eligible population, a segment which is chosen by the power elite to better ensure the protection of their power, actually chooses to vote; and of the less than 50% of the voting population, which represents approximately 1/3 of the total population, approximately 1/2 of that presumes to dictate to the entire country.

To summarize:  less than 20% of the country presumes to dictate to the more than 80% how they shall live.

That’s not legitimate, and a system cannot self-legitimize by demanding that more people simply participate in the sham.

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Again, the vote is not legitimate.

Far less than 50% of the eligible population, a segment which is chosen by the power elite to better ensure the protection of their power, actually chooses to vote; and of the less than 50% of the voting population, which represents approximately 1/3 of the total population, approximately 1/2 of that presumes to dictate to the entire country.

To summarize:  less than 20% of the country presumes to dictate to the more than 80% how they shall live.

That’s not legitimate, and a system cannot self-legitimize by demanding that more people simply participate in the sham.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

But of course you’d say that.

You’re in the less than 40% of the fools protecting the criminals who call themselves leaders while they steal from your children when they aren’t raping them.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

But of course you’d say that.

You’re in the less than 40% of the fools protecting the criminals who call themselves leaders while they steal from your children when they aren’t raping them.

Let me get this straight, by being for an end to voter suppression, vote manipulation and generally believing that a more informed and civic minded population can bring about a more just world I'm enabling the rape and death of children? 

You must be fun at parties! 

So what if you, like the working class in the Holy Grail are right, what do you propose be done to end the inherent evils of the nation state and the horrors of the vote?   

Edited by Motorin'

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Let me get this straight, by being for an end to voter suppression, vote manipulation and generally believing that a more informed and civic minded population can bring about a more just world I'm enabling the rape and death of children? 

You must be fun at parties! 

So what if you, like the working class in the Holy Grail are right, what do you propose be done to end the inherent evils of the nation state and the horrors of the vote?   

Agorism.

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Agorism.

And what is the plan for gigantic corporations to give up their access to power and control? When in history was there ever a free market where the parties with the most power and money treated anyone equally and without competing for monopolistic control? 

And just to get this straight, all nations should dissolve their constitutions, all states, counties, cites and towns end their charters in order to usher in the voluntary rule of the market?

How do you get them to agree to that?

Edited by Motorin'

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

And what is the plan for gigantic corporations to give up their access to power and control? When in history was there ever a free market where the parties with the most power and money treated anyone equally and without competing for monopolistic control? 

And just to get this straight, all nations should dissolve their constitutions, all states, counties, cites and towns end their charters in order to usher in the voluntary rule of the market?

How do you get them to agree to that?

Agorism.

• Like (+1) 1

John Hickenlooper, a geologist and small-business owner, is a former Democratic mayor of Denver and governor of Colorado. He is running for U.S. Senate.

The election chaos in Wisconsin on Tuesday sent a clear message: The nation can’t afford a repeat in November. Poll workers, many of them vulnerable senior citizens, and voters were forced to risk covid-19 infection to participate in American democracy, with scandalously long lines at the few polling places that were open in some areas. Gov. Tony Evers (D) had issued an executive order to reschedule the election, but Republicans fought against it and the state’s Supreme Court blocked it.

Republicans also attacked a sensible proposal by Evers to essentially turn the election into one conducted by mail, with absentee ballots sent to every registered voter. President Trump has lately chimed in with criticism that mail-in balloting is “horrible,” “corrupt” and invites “fraud.”

That hasn’t been our experience in Colorado. We’ve been voting from home for six years. As governor in 2013, I signed the Voter Access and Modernized Elections Act, a law supported by Democratic and Republican county clerks across Colorado. Here’s how it works: Every eligible Colorado voter receives a ballot in the mail roughly three weeks before Election Day, and after marking their choices from the comfort of their own home, voters mail the ballot back or deposit it at one of the hundreds of drop-off locations around the state (and put on their “I Voted” sticker). We also make it possible for voters to register through Election Day, and to vote in person.

Denver city and county voters even have the ability to track the status of their ballots, with email or text notifications, as they travel through the postal system. The “Ballot TRACE” software ensures that every mailed ballot is accounted for.

We’re not alone. Oregon has conducted its elections, including the presidential contest, exclusively by mail for two decades. Washington, like Colorado, strongly encourages mail-in ballots for every election but also allows for in-person voting. Many other states permit mail-in voting for some of their elections.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/04/08/my-state-has-proved-vote-at-home-works-we-need-do-it-nationally/

They didn't have to go and vote in the primary.  Trump is running unopposed and the dens had choice between a commie and a  senile old perv/ neither of which could beat Trump. Wake up and face the music.

I wonder if there is a correlation between the relaxation of voting standards and a move towards turning a state bluer? Gleeful Gator has already stated that he wants voting to be easier so that the less intelligent have a better chance to vote for democrats. Normally democrats aren't so clear thinking.