The Swannie House has its liquor licence suspended

Love the Swannie, but they were horribly stupid in this case. I trust when they pay their fines and do their penance, they will be back open at some point.

Here is St Augustine I still see several businesses blatantly violating the stay in place rules. And I'm not talking about possibly "essential" businesses. Unless of course you think something like an antique store is essential.

I may be wrong on this but my understanding was that the situations were a little different. Basically, AJ’s was understaffed and got bombarded on a Friday for dinner. People were hanging around waiting for their orders and someone called the SLA. The Swannie House pretty much just continued operating. They were different situations as I understand it with the same result.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I may be wrong on this but my understanding was that the situations were a little different. Basically, AJ’s was understaffed and got bombarded on a Friday for dinner. People were hanging around waiting for their orders and someone called the SLA. The Swannie House pretty much just continued operating. They were different situations as I understand it with the same result.

There was a story in the news that said as much. The AJs owner took full responsibility for what happened. 

• Thank you (+1) 1