Classic Games on Youtube

I just watched the 1985 Opener against San Diego, which is really based on Bruce Smith and Andre Reed's debut game.

That's about it.

Watching Vince Ferragamo play QB though is like having my eyes gouged out.

• Haha (+1) 1

I saw the Bills snow game pop and I thought...dear god why would I want to watch that?

Amazing snow, I'll never forget that punt just PLUNKING in the snow and not moving, love that we won, obviously...but the game kind of stunk!

Also, my son was watching every teams best play for that year (kind of a silly idea but OK) and it was LeSean's game winning TD. Ok, it won the game, but again...meh.

• Like (+1) 1

You kind find just about the entire Bills 90, 91, 92, and 93 seasons plus playoff games on YouTube these days, so those are fun.

Specifically, watching Thurman just dominate has been wild for me. I was too young to really remember the glory years, so watching them has been a revelation.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

You kind find just about the entire Bills 90, 91, 92, and 93 seasons plus playoff games on YouTube these days, so those are fun.

Specifically, watching Thurman just dominate has been wild for me. I was too young to really remember the glory years, so watching them has been a revelation.

I wish somebody would put post entire games of the '90-'95 regular seasons.  Most of those I've only seen once; the playoff games during that span I've seen multiple times.  Are you listening NFL Network?

22 minutes ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

I wish somebody would put post entire games of the '90-'95 regular seasons.  Most of those I've only seen once; the playoff games during that span I've seen multiple times.  Are you listening NFL Network?

Just go to YouTube and type in “Bills 1990 full game”, or whatever year you want. There are multiple regular season full game broadcasts available.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, njbuff said:

I just watched the 1985 Opener against San Diego, which is really based on Bruce Smith and Andre Reed's debut game.

That's about it.

Watching Vince Ferragamo play QB though is like having my eyes gouged out.

As I recall, Ferragamo was pretty good in that game..they just couldn't get the ball in the end zone.  I recall, for about the first 3 or 4 games of that season, there was a small glimmer of hope we might have some hope of not being as awful as 1984.  Hopes died fast though...erragamo wamted out and got traded to Green Bay (maybe as bad as te Bills at that time), never to be heard from again..

5 hours ago, Buftex said:

As I recall, Ferragamo was pretty good in that game..they just couldn't get the ball in the end zone.  I recall, for about the first 3 or 4 games of that season, there was a small glimmer of hope we might have some hope of not being as awful as 1984.  Hopes died fast though...erragamo wamted out and got traded to Green Bay (maybe as bad as te Bills at that time), never to be heard from again..

And then came the infamous Bruce Mathison.

Ouch.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

And then came the infamous Bruce Mathison.

Ouch.

I had season tickets from 1980- 1987 (got out just in time! :) )...there was some really bad QB play during that time..Joe Dufek anyone?  Ferragamo, ultimately was pretty bad too, but for a couple of games, he was slinging it all over the field...more miles (and INTs) than TD's though.  And, while I am sure he wasn't the first one, it was the first time I saw an NFL QB (a vetran at that) wearing a wrist band the size of a phone book, because he couldn't remember the playbook.  If I remember, he was traded to Buffalo right before training camp started...he had a whole pre-season to remember the playbook. I remember being so embarrassed.  It is much more common now, but back in those days, I had never seen anything like that before.  They weren't running a real complex offense either... 

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

I had season tickets from 1980- 1987 (got out just in time! :) )...there was some really bad QB play during that time..Joe Dufek anyone?  Ferragamo, ultimately was pretty bad too, but for a couple of games, he was slinging it all over the field...more miles (and INTs) than TD's though.  And, while I am sure he wasn't the first one, it was the first time I saw an NFL QB (a vetran at that) wearing a wrist band the size of a phone book, because he couldn't remember the playbook.  If I remember, he was traded to Buffalo right before training camp started...he had a whole pre-season to remember the playbook. I remember being so embarrassed.  It is much more common now, but back in those days, I had never seen anything like that before.  They weren't running a real complex offense either... 

Well, like I said, 1985 laid the foundation for the future, even though 1985 was a still a really bad team.

• Like (+1) 1