DCOrange's 2020 Draft Content

Rather than post the 1000 words or whatever it is again, here's a link to my BR post that includes everything I've worked on for this year's draft:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/4/7/21212006/melancers-draft-info-who-weve-met-with-scouted-rb-wr-metrics-qb

Included in this are:

• Links to my QB scouting reports for this year's prospects as well as the prior two years (and draft grades for the Mahomes class but unfortunately I lost my scouting reports from that year when I got my new laptop, which is part of the reason I do it online now)
  • A color-coded breakdown of which prospects we've sent scouts to watch in live action
  • A list of prospects we've met with during the draft process (including the FaceTime meetings)
  • A breakdown of the WRs based on NFL Combine numbers, PlayerProfiler.com, and everyone's favorite, Pro Football Focus
  • A breakdown of the RBs based on those same three sources
  • And lastly, links to some of my older draft-related posts/metrics breakdowns to get an idea of any historical trends. For reference, I believe roughly half of our draft picks in the Beane era have been players that we scouted live, and FWIW, Singletary was one of the main standouts of my RB analysis last year.

That should pretty much do it for me up until draft time. I'll obviously still be around discussing prospects in more detail, but I don't have any plans to scout additional QBs or create any other breakdowns at this time. Hope you all enjoy!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

@DCOrange  Thanks for all your work on this.  Who would you like to see with the Bills 2nd round pick?  

That'll obviously depend on who is available since we aren't picking until 54. I tend to think one of the safeties are the most likely match of BPA and underrated need. I'm low-key hoping that Delpit ends up sliding like some people think he could but really, there's like 5 of them that I'd be happy with at 54. From the skill positions that I spent most of my time on, of the guys that are most likely to be available at 54, I would say Michael Pittman at WR or Clyde Edwards-Helaire at RB are probably my favorites. There's a chance that a better WR prospect slides to 54 but we'll see.

And I would guess right now that Beane will ultimately take a DB or a lineman. I haven't spent too much time on them, but just off of what I've read, I'm not particularly high on the defensive linemen. I think an OG could be a solid choice though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Rather than post the 1000 words or whatever it is again, here's a link to my BR post that includes everything I've worked on for this year's draft:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/4/7/21212006/melancers-draft-info-who-weve-met-with-scouted-rb-wr-metrics-qb

Included in this are:

• Links to my QB scouting reports for this year's prospects as well as the prior two years (and draft grades for the Mahomes class but unfortunately I lost my scouting reports from that year when I got my new laptop, which is part of the reason I do it online now)
  • A color-coded breakdown of which prospects we've sent scouts to watch in live action
  • A list of prospects we've met with during the draft process (including the FaceTime meetings)
  • A breakdown of the WRs based on NFL Combine numbers, PlayerProfiler.com, and everyone's favorite, Pro Football Focus
  • A breakdown of the RBs based on those same three sources
  • And lastly, links to some of my older draft-related posts/metrics breakdowns to get an idea of any historical trends. For reference, I believe roughly half of our draft picks in the Beane era have been players that we scouted live, and FWIW, Singletary was one of the main standouts of my RB analysis last year.

That should pretty much do it for me up until draft time. I'll obviously still be around discussing prospects in more detail, but I don't have any plans to scout additional QBs or create any other breakdowns at this time. Hope you all enjoy!

Why don’t you use your real name?  Melancer?  

Would sound more professional with your name...or atleast a pen name 

28 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Why don’t you use your real name?  Melancer?  

Would sound more professional with your name...or atleast a pen name 

Just don’t really care to publish that online if I can help it haha

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

That'll obviously depend on who is available since we aren't picking until 54. I tend to think one of the safeties are the most likely match of BPA and underrated need.

I'm leaning away from Dugger and Chinn being targets.  Based on the Billsmafia chart below (showing who the Bills have had contact with), they only had an area scout visit Dugger at one practice and they only talked to Chinn via facetime.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOA6IBeqcF2kbc6cKPYz9fky7TVsOcecaUylGpg7EHI/htmlview

OTOH, they had four contacts (including one with Beane) with Edwards-Helaire and J.K. Dobbins.   They also had four with Chase Claypool.