Hard Knocks 2020: LA Rams/LA Chargers

3 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I like Hard Knocks overall, thought it was a cool idea back when it started. However, this might be an "edge" they've really needed since it's gotten a little stale over the last few years. It seems as though the producers and editors have made some poor decisions in how to use the drama on and off the field to illuminate what truly transpires when football isn't happening in these training camps. That's the ticket for Hard Knocks. What pulls back the curtain of Oz and reveals the underlying drama and stories you wouldn't get to see otherwise? If Hard Knocks can get back to that format like it did when it all began and for a number of years after, it's television programming worthy of my (our) time. If they can't, it just becomes another "reality tv" show that lacks punch. JMO

I think All or Nothing on Amazon is a better show. It follows them through the entire season. So you see a bunch of weekly prep, what it is like to to get on a winning streak, losing streak, etc. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m guessing it has something to do with curtailed airline travel. The film crews are probably based in Los Angeles. 

Not only film crews, but all the gear, equipment, and infrastructure, as well. There's an enormous amount of production that goes into a reality show. I've worked on a few, and even the smaller one have a dozen, or so cameras. Hell's Kitchen had over 60. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, papazoid said:

"coach wants to see you. and, bring your playbook"

i hate that part

Why does nobody reply with "sorry mate I lost it"? 

If I knew I was roster fodder and didn't worry about being blacklisted no way I am giving my playbook back. 

I am soo happy that the Bills have the kind of leadership that would never, ever, even for a second, consider doing this sensationalized, team destroying crap that is hard knocks.

It is meant for teams like last year's Browns--and any team a yahoo like Rex Ryan coaches. Fits in perfectly with those teams.  Not the Bills.

Completely irresponsible for any NFL GM or coach to want to be part of this drama inducing garbage.

Go Beane and McDermott!

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t forget Joey Bosa. Maybe nick will make a cameo too. Sherlock is pumped.  

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is which bit of him is pumped that I am worried about.

You guys need to cut it out... I don't think I can take anymore, you are going to make my heart explode.

Now my mind won't stop racing:

CmC, TJ Watt, Leighton Vander Esch, Luke Kuechly oh my....:wub:

tumblr_m5sngp6OYX1qhkrhi.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

I am soo happy that the Bills have the kind of leadership that would never, ever, even for a second, consider doing this sensationalized, team destroying crap that is hard knocks.

It is meant for teams like last year's Browns--and any team a yahoo like Rex Ryan coaches. Fits in perfectly with those teams.  Not the Bills.

Completely irresponsible for any NFL GM or coach to want to be part of this drama inducing garbage.

Go Beane and McDermott!

The Bills have done Embedded episodes which are very similar, and fans have raved about them, even non Bills fans have enjoyed them on Youtube and noone has angled that they are detrimental to the team.

You seem like a real downer

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Isn't your team exempt if you made the playoffs, or something like that? They would have to choose to have the show.

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

yea, i guess i should say they should change the rules on it cause i'd rather see some successful teams on there

It is supposed to be a punishment for losing, isn't it?

9 hours ago, papazoid said:

"coach wants to see you. and, bring your playbook"

i hate that part

Sorry coach I reported I lost it.