Report: ESPN considering putting Herbie and Fowler in MNF booth

Uh what about Saturday 

ESPN has not settled on the team of Levy, Riddick and/or Orlovsky. The network might be wise to keep it simple and go with a two-man booth. It should be clear, they do not have the job yet, as there are other options. One other name to consider is Levy’s college partner, Brian Griese.

ESPN has put the idea of moving its college team of Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit back on the table, but is wary of creating a problem with its national championship duo. They can’t be ruled out, though, just yet.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/espns-drew-brees-chase-isnt-stopping-after-50-million-saints-deal/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, H2o said:

I think they are great announcers, some of my favorites to listen to calling college games, but I don't know if this will work out. 

Same here.  I love watching some ABC/ESPN College Football games with this pair, but I'm not sure how well their game translates to the NFL.

Part of what makes Herbie and Fowler so great at College Football is they genuinely seem to love the game.

Part of what makes ESPN MNF so bad recently is the NFL and ESPN have been pushing Narratives, on and off the field, that their announcers have had to frame the game in terms of.  That and the ESPN MNF on air crew is what, about a dozen or so personalities counting the pregame and halftime clowns they have to squeeze in at some point

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Bring back Sean McDonough.

They should pair him up with Chris Spielman. They used to do college game together before Spielman went to fox for NFL. I think Spielman is a good mix of entertaining and informative 

I don’t know. Here in New York I love Chris Canty on the radio. He’s got a good voice, credentials  and I think he’s entertaining. His analysis is very good. Not sure why ESPN has not put him on TV. I’d like to see him get a shot over the same old analysis. 

Never got why people hate Booger so much (besides the terrible nickname). He is one of the he more knowledgeable guys on broadcasting and articulates it well imo. I think all he needs is polish.

Would love to hear the reasons you want Booger out of the job. I always see people bad talk him but rarely hear any reasons of substance

• Like (+1) 3

Herb and Chris do a good job broadcasting college games. They have a good rapport with each other and with ease complement each other.  It just seems to me that the college game more so than the pro game is the best setting for them. Just as Keith Jackson was more suited to the college game over the pro game the same suitability applies to those two.  

31 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Never got why people hate Booger so much (besides the terrible nickname). He is one of the he more knowledgeable guys on broadcasting and articulates it well imo. I think all he needs is polish.

Would love to hear the reasons you want Booger out of the job. I always see people bad talk him but rarely hear any reasons of substance

I think you should watch this and think about what you wrote. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1