NFL draft will be “fully virtual” - club personnel will draft individually from home

So tell all these GM's to move to Texas for a couple of weeks... Is AT&T Stadium big enough to spread out everyone so they could actually walk up to the podium in a hazmat suit??

Use luxury boxes to house each of the teams 'war room'... Come on NFL...

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

So do we at work (my job is to monitor systems and still do it from home now) and there are failures.   Every state "stay at home" restrictions have holes in it.

Of course there is and I will bet that the NFL is going to minimize the risk as much as possible.

I'll take the draft this way instead of cancelling it at this point.

I'm quite sure they will do a better job than Iowa with the caucuses.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, alton said:

Any GMs with teenage kids? They will have to tell them to stay off YouTube and Xbox Live so it doesn't slow down their internet connection. ?

IIRC from some personal profiles, Beane and his wife have a few approaching or in their teens. Free staff / IT workers. ??

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, UConn James said:

IIRC from some personal profiles, Beane and his wife have a few approaching or in their teens. Free staff / IT workers. ??

Those kids are going to be hard at work that night with whatever he needs because family only. cool experience for them unless Dad is really stressed out 

Part of the NFL Memo on the Virtual Draft.

"Accordingly, all clubs should dedicate their personnel and technology resources toward preparing for a fully virtual Draft, with personnel in separate locations. Our staff in Events, Football Operations, Information Technology and the Management Council will be in contact with each Club and remains fully available to answer questions or assist in your preparations. Our understanding is that many clubs are already well advanced in preparing for a virtual Draft and we are confident that all clubs can take the necessary steps to make the 2020 Draft a successful event.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Great, now the Chinese Patriots are sitting back just waiting to crash the internet like

Fixed

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can you imagine Buddy Nix trying to do this???? 

We just got off a family Zoom with my wife's mother and relatives.  One aunt/uncle couldn't figure out how to take themselves off mute the entire call.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

A few years ago, our FF draft had 1/2 the folks drafting online. I drafted Alvin Kamara, only to have the guy before me call in to say he wanted Kamara but his 2 yr. old daughter grabbed the mouse and made a pick by mistake. Luckily we're all friends and let him change his pick. That would not fly on NFL draft day. NO KIDS ALLOWED IN THE MAN CAVE!

Anyone else getting this feeling thats the draft is going to be a disaster ?

12 minutes ago, Dopey said:

A few years ago, our FF draft had 1/2 the folks drafting online. I drafted Alvin Kamara, only to have the guy before me call in to say he wanted Kamara but his 2 yr. old daughter grabbed the mouse and made a pick by mistake. Luckily we're all friends and let him change his pick. That would not fly on NFL draft day. NO KIDS ALLOWED IN THE MAN CAVE!

I still wouldn't have gave up Kamara lol

Edited by Bronxbomber21
  • Like (+1) 1