NFL releases All-Decade Team - 4 former Bills selected

All this proves is the Bills rosters were generally fine.  Just couldn’t find a qb.  It’s that simple.

and Gore isn’t that good.  He was not a special player.  He is the Harold Baines of football. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

All this proves is the Bills rosters were generally fine.  Just couldn’t find a qb.  It’s that simple.

and Gore isn’t that good.  He was not a special player.  He is the Harold Baines of football. 

I would say it proves the opposite.  What McCoy and Gore did to get on that list wasn't done in Buffalo. And the same goes for Lynch and Peters.

It's almost like we've been unable to get the most out of the players we draft, and have had to rely on the professionalism of players in their twilight looking for their jacket.

Thank God those days are over!

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Gore's a tough sell.  He was the best player on a ton of bad niners teams.  He was a good not great player, and played pretty well for them in their brief little run under Harbaugh.  He'll get HOF just because i think people respect the like...  5000 yards after age 30.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1. Peters left here in 2008 because they didn't want to pay him. Most of us knew he was good. Not on the Bills at all this past decade. 

2. Lynch was jettisoned after a few off the field incidents and they just didn't feel like he fit here. Most of us knew he was good. He was only here for 4 games this last decade.

3. McCoy we got a couple of good years out of and he was on the drought-ending squad.

4. Frank Gore we just had for one year, this past year.  

It's been much more than just a missing QB around here my friend. :thumbsup: At least now we have a real GM, Scouting Dept., and coaching staff who are getting things right. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

Terrible take. He's 3rd ALL TIME in yardage. I don't see CJ Spiller on that list...........

Because he played forever.  Which is great.  He’s made 4 pro bowls in 15 years!  He is a good not great player. 

Just now, H2o said:

1. Peters left here in 2008 because they didn't want to pay him. Most of us knew he was good. Not on the Bills at all this past decade. 

2. Lynch was jettisoned after a few off the field incidents and they just didn't feel like he fit here. Most of us knew he was good. He was only here for 4 games this last decade.

3. McCoy we got a couple of good years out of and he was on the drought-ending squad.

4. Frank Gore we just had for one year, this past year.  

It's been much more than just a missing QB around here my friend. :thumbsup: At least now we have a real GM, Scouting Dept., and coaching staff who are getting things right. 

Dude, we won 7 games with JP Losman and Trent Edwards.  Those aren’t playoff teams with a Top Qb? 

Sadly, incompetent leadership allowed 2 of those guys to be traded in the prime of their careers. 

I do not miss the Ralph/Littman/Marv/DJ/Mr. Smithers years at all.  Those were Romper Room days compared to now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Gore's a tough sell.  He was the best player on a ton of bad niners teams.  He was a good not great player, and played pretty well for them in their brief little run under Harbaugh.  He'll get HOF just because i think people respect the like...  5000 yards after age 30.  

I totally get what you’re saying but that’s a terrible reason to make a HOF.  Dude is a stud for being a NFL rb as long as he has.  But how many times was he a top 5 rb?  I’d rather have 5 great seasons of Terrell Davis than 15 kinda good seasons of Gore.

Just now, H2o said:

Nope. Remember this guy?

Dick Jauron Monday Press Conference

As the last Jauron defender left, he won 7 games with JP and Trent.  He won 13 with Shane Matthews.  Yes if he had a Brady or top qb, he would have made the playoffs.  People overrate GMs and coaches.  There’s like 3 who are real difference makers.  It all starts with the qb and then building the team around him.  We build our teams around Trent and JP.  That was the problem.  They drafted HOFers.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he played forever.  Which is great.  He’s made 4 pro bowls in 15 years!  He is a good not great player. 

Dude, we won 7 games with JP Losman and Trent Edwards.  Those aren’t playoff teams with a Top Qb? 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Nope. Remember this guy?

Dick Jauron Monday Press Conference

exactly! Didn’t win 7, just didn’t not lose 7. Jauron never played to win 

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Sadly, incompetent leadership allowed 2 of those guys to be traded in the prime of their careers. 

I do not miss the Ralph/Littman/Marv/DJ/Mr. Smithers years at all.  Those were Romper Room days compared to now. 

Hope you’re not talking about Lynch?  Dude was an idiot in Buffalo.  He forced their hand.  And after he got suspended, he was still skiing in Buffalo bars.  He also got busted with weed and guns.  Dude was a moron here bad forced their hands.

the Peters one was more complicated.  They have him a new contract and he wanted another for being a LT after playing like half of a season.  But in hindsight, he was worth it.  But they got Wood from that and LT wasn’t holding the Bills back from making the playoffs.  The Eagles lost Peters and won the SB.  LT has become an overrated position.  

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

I would say it proves the opposite.  What McCoy and Gore did to get on that list wasn't done in Buffalo. And the same goes for Lynch and Peters.

It's almost like we've been unable to get the most out of the players we draft, and have had to rely on the professionalism of players in their twilight looking for their jacket.

Thank God those days are over!

yep- all four of these guys played their best ball elsewhere. Lynch and peters were good players that became great post Buffalo.

Gore and McCoy stopped by on their fair well tours. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

exactly! Didn’t win 7, just didn’t not lose 7. Jauron never played to win 

Like our current coach?  ?

again, getting 7 wins out of this qbs is a miracle.  People always act like coaches don’t play to win.  Well if your qbs are Trent and JP, I would be conservative too.  If your qb is Rodgers or Brees, I’m sure you are going to coach a little different.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yep- all four of these guys played their best ball elsewhere. Lynch and peters were good players that became great post Buffalo.

Gore and McCoy stopped by on their fair well tours. 

McCoy was really good here for his first 3 years here.  He was our best offensive player until his final year.  Not even close to Gore.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You should take a gander at Gore's yearly stats.  He is a HOF player.

None of those guys listed were "Buffalo Bills," per se.  They all played the majority of their careers - and their best football - with other teams.

• Like (+1) 2