Poll - Who Should the Bills take with their 2nd pick (For TSW Mock Draft)

Virgil

Who Should the Bills take in the 2nd round  

220 members have voted

1. 1. With their 2nd round pick, the Buffalo Bills select:

• Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
    • Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
    • Damon Arnett, DB, Ohio St
    • Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    • Zach Moss, RB, Utah
    • Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama
    • Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise St
    • Cameron Dantzler, DB, Mississippi St
    • Julian Okwara, DE, Notre Dame
    • Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame

29 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Seems like we have a winner in Claypool....I went with a different ND player in Okwara .  Not sure how I feel about Claypool.  He has physical traits but did production match?  That said, I am not an expert.

I am not a fan, honestly I would be surprised if Beane is either. Look at every wide receiver Beane has signed besides Duke. Most are players that excel at getting separation. Does Claypool do that? He had an ok game against UGA. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

We just mock drafted another midget RB who has the exact same skillset as Singletary.

Screaming Home Alone GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Yeah, I'd prefer one of the 3 already gone.  Some think RBs 1a/1b should fit the offense as interchangeable parts and therefore do not necessarily give the defense a clue as to what is coming.  Others would want different, complementary skills that would be used with a bias toward the situational need.  I'd like to see a more explosive, power runner who is good in the passing game and represents a bigger playmaking threat. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Yeah, I'd prefer one of the 3 already gone.  Some think RBs 1a/1b should fit the offense as interchangeable parts and therefore do not necessarily give the defense a clue as to what is coming.  Others would want different, complementary skills that would be used with a bias toward the situational need.  I'd like to see a more explosive, power runner who is good in the passing game and represents a bigger playmaking threat. 

I agree - having a run or pass running back gives the D too much of an edge.  Does not mean one won''t excel in one area more than the other but they must be a threat.  When Gore or Yeldon came in last year it was a major tell on the likely play call.

• Like (+1) 1

I love me some Clyde, but I don’t think he’s a good compliment to motor.  I think they’re skill set is too similar with CEH being a little faster.

I’d rather take Akers if we go RB.

I’d be ok with Dugger, Arnett, claypool, Kmet and Lewis. 

Dantzler could be a really nice fit, but I haven’t watched too much of him at this point.

i wish there was an OT worth taking.  Prince Tego isn’t an option in rd 2?

• Like (+1) 2

I voted Edwards-Helaire because I think RB is the last glaring need. I know that the Bills won’t draft for need but you could make a case that RB is the BPA. I debated on Akers and Lewis. At the end of the day, CEH has a high floor and is good insurance for Singletary. I think that’s what’s best for the Bills.

In all actuality, I think Duggar or Chinn (who is gone in our mock) will be the pick. The Bills scouted them extensively and love the versatility of the big nickel. I think Greenard is another possibility for the same reasons but may be a little earlier than most are projecting. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, H2o said:

We just mock drafted another midget RB who has the exact same skillset as Singletary.

Screaming Home Alone GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Not the same skill set.  E-H is a good receiver.  Singletary ranks #44 in RB receiving in 2019.  A dozen teams have TWO RB's with more catches.

=====================================================================================

from Walter Football:

FloridaAtlantic_logo.gifDevin Singletary*, RB, Florida Atlantic     #8 RB        2019
Height: 5-7. Weight: 203. Arm: 28.88. Hand: 8.50.
40 Time: 4.66. 10-Yd: 1.53. Three Cone: 7.32.
Bench: 15. Vertical: 35. Broad: 9-9.
Projected Round (2019): 3-4.

4/23/19: Singletary ran slower than expected at the combine, and his time was very poor for an undersized back. Singletary averaged 5.2 yards per carry in 2018 for 1,348 yards with 22 touchdowns. He notched six receptions for 36 yards.

8/28/18: Team sources told me that Singletary graded out as having first- through fourth-round potential per the advance scouts. According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Singletary checks in at 5-foot-7, 199 pounds. He also has 29.83-inch arms, 8.75-inch hands, and a wingspan of 69.38 inches. He is said to run the 40 in 4.58 seconds.

The short, thick back has good speed with impressive feet, balance and vision. In 2017, Singletary averaged 6.5 yards per carry for 1,796 yards and 29 touchdowns. He also had 18 receptions for 185 yards and one score. In 2016, Singletary averaged 6.7 yards per carry for 1,021 yards with 12 scores to go with 26 receptions for 163 yards in his freshman season.

==========================================================================================

• LSU_logo.gif Clyde Edwards-Helaire*, RB, LSU     #3 RB           2020
    Height: 5-7. Weight: 207. Arm: 29. Hand: 9.63.
    40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round (2020): 2-3.

4/4/20: Edwards-Helaire was a dangerous runner and receiver for the Tigers in 2019, doing a lot of dirty work for their point machine offense. The junior averaged 6.6 yards per carry in 2019 for 1,414 yards with 16 touchdowns. He also had 55 receptions for 453 yards and a score. Edwards-Helaire is a tough runner with quickness, cutting ability, vision, and natural body lean. His natural receiving skills make him a potential three-down starter.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

3 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Not the same skill set.  E-H is a good receiver.  Singletary ranks #44 in RB receiving in 2019.  A dozen teams have TWO RB's with more catches.

Yeah, they pretty much are the same skillset. Both are more shifty than fast. Both are on the smallish side. Both can catch the ball, though Josh and the play calling determine how many times it is thrown their way. With both being on the smallish side the catch radius is fairly small as well. It doesn't really matter what the stats are for RB's on other teams because of the previous statement about Josh and the play calling. Their scouting reports heading into the draft echo a lot of the same pro's and con's, with Singletary being recognized as the more agile of the two and CEH running with a bit more power.  

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, they pretty much are the same skillset. Both are more shifty than fast. Both are on the smallish side. Both can catch the ball, though Josh and the play calling determine how many times it is thrown their way. With both being on the smallish side the catch radius is fairly small as well. It doesn't really matter what the stats are for RB's on other teams because of the previous statement about Josh and the play calling. Their scouting reports heading into the draft echo a lot of the same pro's and con's, with Singletary being recognized as the more agile of the two and CEH running with a bit  more power.  

I updated that post.     I think E-H is a better receiver. .................  The stats in the NFL DO matter.   ... The Bills did not use Singletary as a weapon in the passing game for a reason and you would think that a pass catching capable RB would be the best friend of a young QB. .  I do not agree that Allen couldn't do the short pass to Singletary or that our coaches were either too dumb to use that type of weapon or had a much better plan, so they could dispense with the pass to the RB.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

3 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I updated that post.     I think E-H is a better receiver. .................  The stats in the NFL DO matter.   ... The Bills did not use Singletary as a weapon in the passing game for a reason and you would think that a pass catching capable RB would be the best friend of a young QB. .  I do not agree that Allen couldn't do the short pass to Singletary or that our coaches were either too dumb to use that type of weapon or had a much better plan, so they could dispense with the pass to the RB.

RB's stats on a different team, in a different offense, do not matter in relation to what we are trying to do. A lot of it does come down to where Josh goes with the ball and the play calling in general. Devin's usage as a receiver in college can also be attributed to FAU's offense as can CEH to LSU's. Between the two lead backs at FAU they had a total of 16 receptions. There were 80 completions to RB's this year at LSU with of course CEH getting the lion's share as the lead dog in the backfield. Look up the scouting reports on the two and you will see A LOT of similarities all noted in the previous post. Outside of CEH's usage in the pass game at LSU and Singletary being the more agile of the two, they are pretty much the same guy.