Carruci: Bills not pursuing Cam Newton

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Greg Olsen was very close to him.

My 2 cents:

1. Some of you are being overly critical of Cam and still leaning on the bias of his persona coming out of college.  This guy is no where near as bad of a teammate as some are painting him to be.  Its more than OK to not want to sign Cam, but people are going way over the top to smear him to make that point.  
  2. There is literally no interest from either party...Bills or Cam...for him to be a member of the team.  Cam, rightfully so, is going to want to be in a place where he can at least compete to start.  Bills are 100% behind Josh and would not open up the competition, nor do they want to bring anyone in that might send the wrong signal and inadvertently create a question of their overall confidence in Josh.  

At the end of the day, I fully agree Cam has no place on this team right now.  But at the same time, the reasons many are giving are being way over exaggerated IMO and Cam would have been a good addition to this team IMO if we did not already have Josh Allen. 

Personally, I am stunned he is not a Chicago Bear.  Pace is doing a terrible job up there, and trading draft assets for a scrub in Foles to battle with another scrub in Trubisky was foolish.  They should sign Cam and they would immediately be a better team and could contend for the division between the defense and the offense having more life to it under Newton.  

I think he ends up being a Redskin, Giant, Steeler, Bronco, or Raider soon enough.  

Steelers could use the insurance given the talented roster, the terrible backups, and Big Bens injury potential.  They would remain a contender with Newton if Big Ben went down.

Broncos and Giants could use the veteran around their young QB's.  Elway wants to contend this year, if Lock isnt getting the job done by mid season, he could have someone like Cam that could help turn things around.  

Redskins are obvious why.

Raiders...well Gruden loves offense, and I am not sure he loves Carr.  They have been reloading pretty nicely and could be a surprise team this year if Carr isn't holding them back.  And it wouldn't surprise me if let Carr and Cam open batter for QB1 before the season started either, again because I am not convinced they are committed to Carr and they want to start winning this year.  

Why do you say Olsen was close to him? I thought about Greg, but honesty I felt as if he was a good teammate trying to help Cam. Not arguing, if you have some quotes or video please share. 

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Why do you say Olsen was close to him? I thought about Greg, but honesty I felt as if he was a good teammate trying to help Cam. Not arguing, if you have some quotes or video please share. 

Olsen gushed about Cam as they both moved on from Panthers this year when saying his good byes and thanked everyone