Why do we need a WR in the draft?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Looking at those ST snaps counts, none of the guys above Foster are gunners except Kevin Johnson, who is gone, and so are 4 other guys who will need to be replaced.  And while McK played quite a bit on offense, it's not like his production was anything special, there was little to choose from, and I believe Foster was having lingering health issues.  I still think if it came down to the 2, Foster would get the nod because of STs.  But it will be worth watching.

We did sign Taiwan Jones and Matakevich for Teams though

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Looking at those ST snaps counts, none of the guys above Foster are gunners except Kevin Johnson, who is gone, and so are 4 other guys who will need to be replaced.  And while McK played quite a bit on offense, it's not like his production was anything special, there was little to choose from, and I believe Foster was having lingering health issues.  I still think if it came down to the 2, Foster would get the nod because of STs.  But it will be worth watching.

ST can be found very easily though.  Depth Safeties and corners will play special teams.  Neal and Jones appear to be the primary gunners likely on punt coverage, but depth corners and safeties can do that role just as well. 

If he was like a probowler?  His job would be safe.  But right now I'd list Neal and Jones as above him on the gunner depth chart.  

21 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

I'm really curious who makes the cut IF Beane was to actually do what a few posters are calling for-draft a WR in rounds 2 AND 3.

Diggs

Brown

Beasley 

(Round 2 pick)

(Round 3 pick)

?Roberts?

?Foster?

I think its probably Foster based off last year.  If they draft 2 would assume 1 of them is a dynamic guy.  They would need a way to manufactur touches and that way could be in returns.  It all though improves the offense.  Idk if they draft 2 but wouldnt hate it if they did.  I will be very suprised if at pick 54 there are not 2 to 3 guys worthy of the pick.  

I think this year lines up to what Buffalo needs to improve on offensivly.  The offense was bottom third, the defense top 5.  Diggs takes away the need to draft a wr.  They have the abiltity to take go BPA.  Normally De and Cb dont make it to 54.  The depth at wr will allow a quality wr to be available when Buffalo picks.  With a high probabily its a player who would have been in the conversation at 22.  

This draft is so deep at WR that if the Bills draft a WR in the first 4 rounds theres a good chance he could be a starter at some point this season. A WR with size we become valuable in the redzone and probably put Beasly on the bench in those situations. The Bills also need to get younger at the position. Beasley may not be on this roster come the 2021 season if the Bills draft the right guy.