Draft Sleepers

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

His overall body of work isn't really impressive at first glance. In his 3 years at Tech he racked up 59 catches for 748 yards and 8 TDs. He always seemed to show up when needed though. Against Miami last year he was a complete mismatch for their LBs. In 2018 he capped off our 98 yard game winning drive against UNC. Against Duke he broke a screen pass for a 67 yard td, shedding a couple tackles along the way. Against UVA in 2018, with our streak on the line and around 2 minutes left in the 4th, he caught a long pass on 3rd and 10 to extend what would be our game winning drive.

Add to that his versatility. He played TE, RB, and LB in HS and he'll happily contribute on STs. He's incredibly competitive (see his placements from the combine) and absolutely a process guy. Was on the acc all-academic team too, which I would imagine McBeane likes. He's a chess piece that Daboll could really use. Line up in a heavy set and then flex him out to the slot, use him as your short yardage bruiser (6'4" 250), or use him as a lead blocker. Or do the inverse, go with 4 spread out to get their small personnel out, then motion him to FB and break a nice run. He'd do it all. Could easily see him pushing DiMarco out next year, if not this year. He'd haul in that wheel route pass ?

I know myself a good wheel route.  That was no wheel route...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I will publish my first round grades in order at some point closer to but I also have 20 and in terms of names, remove Jefferson, Swift and Henderson and replace with Fulton, Taylor and McKinney. 

How does your order stack up to Miller? Similar or quite different?

Will Gladney, WR Ithaca 

He played for my high school, and played for 4 years at IC. He just participated in an 8 man pro day at Rochester, and set school records for receiving yards and TDs this year. He’s 6’3”. Had a slower 40 time but he’s definitely a competitor and had a very interesting journey to where he is now.

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/sports/2020/04/07/owego-grad-gladney-participates-pro-day-workout-ahead-nfl-draft-ithaca-college/2957010001/

here’s a bit more about his story.

https://theithacan.org/sports/will-gladney/

I would love to see him get his shot. Either as a day 3 pick or UDFA.