Draft Sleepers

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

QB, James Morgan, Florida International

Consensus: 5th-6th round

On my board: 5th-6th round

I might be a bit late on this one because the consensus has probably caught up with me. This year I only have 8 draftable Quarterbacks. I know more than 8 will get picked but I only have 8. There is almost no tier of developmental guys. The other 7 (Burrow, Tua, Love, Herbert, Hurts, Fromm, Eason) I will write up in more depth before the draft but the one other guy I would spend a draft pick on is James Morgan. I watched him against Miami at the end of the season and was underwhelmed but after he shone at the Shrine game I went back and dug into more of his tape. The kid can play Quarterback. He is a developmental guy who probably ends up as a career backup, but he reminds me a bit of Kirk Cousins and maybe he could shock everyone like Cousins and outperform his draft spot. Rumours in the last 48 hours that the Patriots have show an interest and I could definitely see him in that scheme.

I read today that the Patriots have been doing a good bit of sniffing around James Morgan. 

Interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don’t know if Darrynton Evans and Devin Duvernay count, but I do know that Omar Bayless counts.

Duvernay borderline (but I allowed myself a couple of them) but Evans and Bayless definitely do. 

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I still like Antonio Gibson as a sleeper pick.  He was in the WR group at the combine, but he was Mr. Everything for Memphis and he took snaps at RB and as a wildcat QB.  He was listed at something like 6'3" at Memphis, but measured just 6 ft at the combine.  But he's  228 lbs and runs a 4.39 40.  He could back up Singletary and get reps at WR if Daboll wanted to use him that way.  You might get him in the fourth, but to be sure, you might have to grab him in the third.

He's definitely one of my favorites as well. Beane said he wants to add touchdown makers and who can turn handoffs and short passe into house calls and Gibson is exactly that.

Ill have to go with my pre diggs late round target of Antonio Gandy Golden.

Big 6' 4"- 225lbs.... 9 5/8" hands...

He still manages to play to his size, he high points and positions his body between the ball and the defender as well as you will see a college receiver do... 

22 reps of 225...

strength shows in the film with his ability to make contested catches and finish his Run after catch..

Bills met with him at the senior bowl and thats how he came onto my radar...https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/24/buffalo-bills-antonio-gandy-golden/

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, buffalover4life said:

Ill have to go with my pre diggs late round target of Antonio Gandy Golden.

Big 6' 4"- 225lbs.... 9 5/8" hands...

He still manages to play to his size, he high points and positions his body between the ball and the defender as well as you will see a college receiver do... 

22 reps of 225...

strength shows in the film with his ability to make contested catches and finish his Run after catch..

Bills met with him at the senior bowl and thats how he came onto my radar...https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/24/buffalo-bills-antonio-gandy-golden/

Yes.  This is what the Bills’ offense needs and he does seem like a true sleeper.  Can he run routes is the question - all I see with him are go routes.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yes.  This is what the Bills’ offense needs and he does seem like a true sleeper.  Can he run routes is the question - all I see with him are go routes.

Err, not really. But then if you are taking the guy day 3 - do you care? He hasn't got to be an every down player in that scenario. You can just have a small package of plays where you use him. The flipside of that I suppose is the Bills' best offensive production last year came in games where they pretty much left the same 11 personnel grouping on the field every snap and got the line and snapped it fast. If that is intended to be your base offense then you need more well rounded players.

• Like (+1) 1

ZEROVOLTZ DEEEEEEEP SLEEPERS....

Demarcus Acy - CB - Missouri   .....he was on alot of radars headed into 2019 season...and did not have a good year...competely dissappeared of alot of draft lists.....he's stil 6'1 with 4.5 speed....reminds me ALOT of Charvarious Ward

Michael Divinity - LB - LSU .....was productive when he played..didn't see the field much this past year due to suspension and injury....overshadowed by so many other LSU players....has red flags..but there is talent there....and super long arms.

Kevin Dotson - OL - Louisiana  .....didn't get invited to the combine and should have....going to make some team very happy....immense strength.

AJ Green - CB - Oklahoma State.....another 6--2 guy that has ball skills and enough speed to play outside....

Akeem Davis Gaither - LB - Appalachian State....an Isiah Simmons type skill set that you can get 3 rounds later.

McTelvin AGim - DL - Arkansas ......kid was fairly productive for some BAD Arkansas Squads.....

• Like (+1) 1

These are the players that interest me:

Rounds 3 - 4 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU - the blocking tight end we need with a NFL bloodline and championship pedigree, no need then for penalty flag #85

Rounds 4 - 5 Jonathan Garvin DE  Miami - if he is available in round 5 it'd be great value long term developmental prospect

Rounds 5 - 6 Michael Warren II RB Cincinatti - a hard runner who seems undervalued, in case we miss out on someone more favored earlier

Rounds 6 - 7 Danny Pinter OL Ball State - 4.91 40 at the combine, formerly a TE, he'd offer position flexibility and upside

Round 7 - UDFA Cole McDonald QB Hawaii - 6 foot 4, decent arm, similarish to JA, at worst a camp body, with experience a future backup qb?

Five others who may be of interest:

Stanford Samuels III CB Florida State

Casey Toohill LB Stanford

Joseph Charlton P South Carolina

James Lynch DT Baylor

Isaiah Hodgins WR Oregon State

11 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Good info...except Lamar Jackson is off the board.  He was drafted in 2018 by Baltimore

THE CB LJ never met a jersey he didn't want to hold. Needs to be coached out of that.

1 hour ago, quincy said:

These are the players that interest me:

Rounds 3 - 4 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU - the blocking tight end we need with a NFL bloodline and championship pedigree, no need then for penalty flag #85

Rounds 4 - 5 Jonathan Garvin DE  Miami - if he is available in round 5 it'd be great value long term developmental prospect

Rounds 5 - 6 Michael Warren II RB Cincinatti - a hard runner who seems undervalued, in case we miss out on someone more favored earlier

Rounds 6 - 7 Danny Pinter OL Ball State - 4.91 40 at the combine, formerly a TE, he'd offer position flexibility and upside

Round 7 - UDFA Cole McDonald QB Hawaii - 6 foot 4, decent arm, similarish to JA, at worst a camp body, with experience a future backup qb?

Five others who may be of interest:

Stanford Samuels III CB Florida State

Casey Toohill LB Stanford

Joseph Charlton P South Carolina

James Lynch DT Baylor

Isaiah Hodgins WR Oregon State

I believe Hodgins is the best player on your list. 

• Like (+1) 1

@GunnerBill absolutely awesome write ups on those specs. Really liked the info and some good insight.

I cant get as in depth, but some of the names I'd like to throw out there 

Anthony Gordon, QB Wash State (not sure if he qualifies as a true sleeper, but)

Darryton Evans, RB App State

James Robinson, RB Illinois State

Isaiah Coulter, WR Rhode Island

McTelvin Agim, DL Arkansas 

Geno Stone, S Iowa

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

@GunnerBill absolutely awesome write ups on those specs. Really liked the info and some good insight.

I cant get as in depth, but some of the names I'd like to throw out there 

Anthony Gordon, QB Wash State (not sure if he qualifies as a true sleeper, but)

Darryton Evans, RB App State

James Robinson, RB Illinois State

Isaiah Coulter, WR Rhode Island

McTelvin Agim, DL Arkansas 

Geno Stone, S Iowa

Robinson and Coulter were both on my long list as well didn't quite make the cut down for sake of keeping the post manageable and readable. Like them both. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ben Bartch - OL - St. John’s (MN)

Player Summary - Ben Bartch is a high end developmental OT prospect who, with some additional time in an NFL strength and conditioning program, should become a quality starter at the NFL level. Bartch has wonderful fundamentals for a small school prospect and, with a bit more added functional strength to his frame, should be a well rounded pass protector. Bartch's resume is boosted by a strong showing at the 2020 Senior Bowl — he proved his mettle against a slew of pass rushers in Mobile. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ben-bartch/gBnZ1unizW

Derrek Tuszka - DL - NDSU

Tuszka's film doesn't lie. He had a combined 40.5 tackles for loss and 28.5 sacks in his final three seasons as part of a rotating DE group. He certainly has the size at 6-foot-5 and 251 pounds. But what's critical for FCS players, who face the level of competition question mark, is testing well athletically.

That's where Tuszka has seen his draft stock sore.

His numbers at the combine and where it ranked among defensive linemen:

• 4.79-second 40-yard dash -- T7th 
  • 33.5-inch vertical -- 5th
  • 120-inch broad jump - T6th
  • 6.87-second 3-cone drill - 1st
  • 4.34-second 20-yard shuttle - 3rd

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-ndsu-derrek-tuszka-stock-nfl-draft-bzbz

Myles Bryant - DB - Washington

Strengths
  • Considered a "pound for pound" player who plays bigger than listed
  • Former walk-on plays with passion and a chip on his shoulder
  • Learned to study tape and tendencies with Sidney Jones and Budda Baker
  • Plus pattern anticipation and recognition
  • Above-average twitch and short-area quickness
  • Ready to pounce on top of breaks at the top of the route
  • Instant plant-and-burst quickness from off coverage
  • Quick to crowd receiver's space carrying routes downfield
  • Races downhill to cut off angles as tackler
  • "He's a great dude and a great teammate. Does everything that is asked of him and that included playing that down safety role this year. Great character grade." -- West Coast scout for NFC team
  • https://www.nfl.com/prospects/myles-bryant?id=32194252-5950-4679-6cd2-c49b21a2a5cd

James Lynch - DL - Baylor

Two-year starter who was named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, led the conference with 13.5 sacks and made 41 tackles (19.5 for loss) with three forced fumbles and five pass breakups as a junior in 2019.

Positives
Game-impacting pass rusher who displayed consistent progress during his career. Breaks down well, plays with terrific pad level and shows a variety of moves to get off blocks. Instinctive, quickly locates the action and slides down the line to make plays on the ball. Nicely redirects to the action and immediately alters his angle of attack. Keeps his feet moving, works his hands and consistently gets leverage on opponents. Can bend off the edge, displays a burst of closing speed and wraps up tackling.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/baylor-james-lynch-scouting-report-2020-nfl-draft/

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

This is supposed to be a thrilling post?

If someone really wanted to, we could also draft AJ Green, a cornerback out of Oklahoma St.  I don't think he's anything special though.

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I still like Pittman USC WR. He has the NFL blood line and played at a high level against top competition in a pro style offense.  6’-4” and 220.....nice!

All true. But I don't think he's under any team's radar.