Josh working on his ‘social distancing’..

20 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Not a fan of his diagonal throwing motion- way too many accuracy variables.  Why the heck are the coaches not throttling him over that?

Maybe they know more than you.

• Like (+1) 1

Great to see - mechanics look good.

In my opinion, Josh's deep ball issues were at least 50% mental last year. It wasn't something we were talking about after 2018 when he had a lot of late season success throwing long to Foster. After a couple early misses in 2019 and then he threw one late down the middle against NE, I think it got in his head a little bit.

21 hours ago, MJS said:

Lamar Jackson missed a bunch of throws during his pro day throwing against air. So no, that's not true.

Maybe Allen should miss them in practice and then play like a MVP in games.  ?

Guy certainly has a cannon.  In terms of pure distance throwing, is he the strongest arm?  I was young for the Kelly years so while he’s the best all around, I’m not sure of his full arm strength. Losman had a cannon.  And a sneaky strongest Bill arm would be EJ.  When he was playing like a robot and throwing like he was playing darts, he had a cannon.   

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Guy certainly has a cannon.  In terms of pure distance throwing, is he the strongest arm?  I was young for the Kelly years so while he’s the best all around, I’m not sure of his full arm strength. Losman had a cannon.  And a sneaky strongest Bill arm would be EJ.  When he was playing like a robot and throwing like he was playing darts, he had a cannon.   

Easily the strongest arm in Bills history.

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, DJB said:

He threw it 80 yards at his pro day and didnt even look like he was trying. 

2 years older and stronger and if he tried his best? I dont think 100 yards is out of the question. 

Yeah, he knows that too. Walking back to the LOS like a boss!

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Allen set the record at the combine for fastest velocity ever, if I remember. Pretty sure Allen has the biggest arm in the NFL at the moment.

22 hours ago, DJB said:

2 years older and stronger and if he tried his best? I dont think 100 yards is out of the question. 

Throw it over those mountains. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I think Allen set the record at the combine for fastest velocity ever, if I remember. Pretty sure Allen has the biggest arm in the NFL at the moment.

A lot of draft pundits and scouts were saying that Allen had one of the strongest arms ever and certainly the strongest arm since Cam Newton came out in 2011. There is no doubt that Allen (who has not had any major injuries to his arm or shoulder) has the strongest arm in the league even stronger than Mahomes who has a cannon. Now does pure arm strength translate to being a good QB? No, but it can and it certainly helps to have as strong an arm as possible. I think Allen can make it to being an elite QB but I do think he is a year away from being a top 5 "elite" QB. I think 2020 will be the year he knocks on being a top 10 QB. 

On 4/5/2020 at 12:56 PM, DJB said:

but what about over them mountains?

20 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

If that doesn't get you excited, what DOES!?

23 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I was specifically referring to the deep ball, since that was what the video was of...

Second, I’m not miserable in the least...I’m just not giddy over two guys in shorts playing catch, as some others appear to be...

Nothing wrong with that....

What if he wasn't wearing any shorts?:wub:

23 hours ago, Gugny said:

Get some skinny white guy out there chasing him with a broom.  Then come talk to me if he's still making those throws.

Please let it be Dick Jauron

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

A lot of draft pundits and scouts were saying that Allen had one of the strongest arms ever and certainly the strongest arm since Cam Newton came out in 2011. There is no doubt that Allen (who has not had any major injuries to his arm or shoulder) has the strongest arm in the league even stronger than Mahomes who has a cannon. Now does pure arm strength translate to being a good QB? No, but it can and it certainly helps to have as strong an arm as possible. I think Allen can make it to being an elite QB but I do think he is a year away from being a top 5 "elite" QB. I think 2020 will be the year he knocks on being a top 10 QB. 

and then there’s Barkley..

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

What if he wasn't wearing any shorts?:wub:

Please let it be Dick Jauron

Hmmm...You raise a good point...no shorts would definitely make it more interesting....but still, I would have to wait til live action (shorts or no shorts) to make a final judgment. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I'm assuming you meant 2021?

Arm strength also poses a problem because sometimes Allen relies on it too much. Zipping it into coverage or throwing off his back foot, etc. He has to strike a balance between trusting his arm, risk taking, and making smart decisions.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I'm assuming you meant 2021?

Arm strength also poses a problem because sometimes Allen relies on it too much. Zipping it into coverage or throwing off his back foot, etc. He has to strike a balance between trusting his arm, risk taking, and making smart decisions.

I think Josh if he continues to improve on his game this upcoming season I think he can knock on being a top 10 QB. In 2019 I think he was somewhere in the 18-20 range at QB last season factoring in his rushing. I think he can get to the 10-13 range if he finds his long ball and tightens up his mechanics some more in 2020. But I think he is a year away from getting to an elite level. 

• Like (+1) 1