Petty Whine - put it here. Let it all out

11 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I have about $500 invested in Rolling Stones tickets for couple different shows this summer... it was supposed to be my first real vacation in a couple of years. Never imagined 6 weeks off with nothing to do, down one of two jobs.  I may be having to ask Jagger & Richards for a stimulus check soon.

:D

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Damn....I thought this was a thread about @DC Tom’s favorite band.

Speaking of Tom, he hasn't posted in some time. Anyone know if he's doing OK?

Edited by The Dean

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Part of my wife's job is ordering the little giveaways, like pens, notepads, etc, when her department attends health fairs. Well, she likes to look for those things that most places are not giving away. She's currently storing/hoarding about 5,000 bottles of sanitizer that she ordered last fall in her office so it doesn't disappear. Meanwhile, the Infectious Disease Department is emailing everyone in the hospital looking for sanitizer. 

Sheesh why doesn't she  help out the infectious disease department and donate the sanitizer?  Or am I misunderstanding some part of this story?

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

He popped by recently.  Even Tom needs a break from the fray now and then (a concept I don't need to explain to you!  ;))

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Part of my wife's job is ordering the little giveaways, like pens, notepads, etc, when her department attends health fairs. Well, she likes to look for those things that most places are not giving away. She's currently storing/hoarding about 5,000 bottles of sanitizer that she ordered last fall in her office so it doesn't disappear. Meanwhile, the Infectious Disease Department is emailing everyone in the hospital looking for sanitizer. 

Sounds like a good time to be a giver of the good stuff! If she gives that sanitizer out, I’ll share my toilet paper so I can park my car in the garage again! 

24 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Here is more of a pet peeve than a petty whine. I am sort of over people using the phrase “flatten the curve.” can we not come up with something else?! 

“Smush the spike?”

“Let’s do a shot of tequila and not worry about it?’

Edited by Augie

22 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

He popped by recently.  Even Tom needs a break from the fray now and then (a concept I don't need to explain to you!  ;))

Indeed I am familiar with the need. Thanks.

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Damn....I thought this was a thread about @DC Tom’s favorite band.

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

He died.

or so I’ve read...