Covid poll  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you....

• know someone that has caught Covid and died
    • know someone that has caught Covid and recovered
    • know someone that has caught Covid and is still in isolation
    • Do not know of anyone that has caught Covid

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 04:34 AM

Good thread. The first hand accounts are more informative than the tripe the media is putting out.

I just don't understand the resistance to use Chloroquine. There are reports of full recovery just 8-12 hours after the dose.

I notice many of the posts are first hand accounts of people who probably had it, but it was never diagnosed.  In my case, the son of a friend had a fever, lost his sense of taste and smell, was exhausted, and coughed for a few days.  He got over it without medical intervention, and never took a test.  I feel as though the number of people with similar stories is quite large, and the official statistics will never reflect reality.   Perhaps antibody tests after the fact will help, but the people who died will never be accurately counted. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/5/2020 at 10:40 AM, Just Jack said:

Someone I know in a FB group does this, and it's interesting seeing how the percentages change each week, though it is not a truly 100% scientific poll. 

Two degrees of separation is acceptable for your answer. So if your neighbors coworker has it, it would count. If your neighbor, coworker, garbage man, accountant, babysitter has it, it does not count. 

I voted.

But just to be clear, this isn't "not a truly 100% scientific pool". This has absolutely ZERO scientific value as it is generalizable to no population whatsoever.

It is a 100% NON-Scientific poll. Science has nothing to do with polls like this.

But yes, they can be fun

On 4/6/2020 at 8:38 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Two friends have it.

One i golfed with a week before he was diagnosed...he got sick really quick..in ICU for 3 days..but home and good now. Losing track of time but think that was prolly 4 weekends ago.

Another friend diagnosed last week, exhibiting no symptoms at all. She hugged a neighbor early on in the process who ended up testing positive, so she was tested and sure enough has it. I have not seen her in 3 weeks, so hopefully all good 

I'm nearly 100 percent certain I've had it - I started having a very dry and persistent cough (which I never, ever get) 20 days ago and it still persists. That was followed a couple of days later by a daylong bout of diarrhea and, after that, about five days of fever spikes (with one evening in the middle of it being particularly nasty). My 23-year old daughter had symptoms too, including the inability to taste anything for a week, a cough, and very mild fever spikes. Despite the nagging cough, which is finally diminishing, I'm fine now. Basically 100 percent. Neither of us are sick enough to get tested given the situation in Brooklyn.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, Augie said:

We drove to Florida at Christmas with a young lady who coughed for 9 straight hours. I spent all of January (and much of February) with a dry cough, a fever and I was totally exhausted! I coughed so much and so hard my back and stomach felt like I had done a thousand (OK, maybe five for me) sit-ups!

If I had gotten that these days I’d be freaking out! Heck, I still get a little cough in the morning sometimes and try my best to control it at grocery store or any other time another human is in sight lest they lose their minds! 

Had this almost exactly during the exact same time frame. All of January and some of February with an awful dry cough and eventually after coughing so hard for so long my chest and stomach were aching terribly.

Only difference was I didn't seem to have a fever, though I never checked so I suppose it could have been a mild one.

Not sure if it was Covid but I suppose it easily could have been. I don't know anyone who has been confirmed but I know a lot of people in the "was very sick in January" category and some of those did test negative for the flu. Would be nice if they can get an antibody test widely available so people like us who might have had it could know and maybe have some anxiety about getting it again relieved.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Metal Man said:

Had this almost exactly during the exact same time frame. All of January and some of February with an awful dry cough and eventually after coughing so hard for so long my chest and stomach were aching terribly.

Only difference was I didn't seem to have a fever, though I never checked so I suppose it could have been a mild one.

Not sure if it was Covid but I suppose it easily could have been. I don't know anyone who has been confirmed but I know a lot of people in the "was very sick in January" category and some of those did test negative for the flu. Would be nice if they can get an antibody test widely available so people like us who might have had it could know and maybe have some anxiety about getting it again relieved.

For me the timing seemed too early, but the young lady I got it from was fresh in from NYC, so who knows? Either way. it was a WICKED respiratory infection! 

I’m with you, I wish antibody tests were widely available so many people could begin normalizing how we go about life as people and as a nation. 

A friend lost both his grandparents last week to COVID complications. Grandmother first, grandfather about 5 days after. The Uncle has tested positive as well, and it's believe he passed it to them. He is absolutely distraught.

We also found out on a conference all this week that our Department Head and her husband both have it, but neither have gotten sick. He is a physician, and they both took a vacation to Italy earlier in the year (before it hit the fan), so not surprised they caught it. Luckily, they seem fine.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, Augie said:

We drove to Florida at Christmas with a young lady who coughed for 9 straight hours. I spent all of January (and much of February) with a dry cough, a fever and I was totally exhausted! I coughed so much and so hard my back and stomach felt like I had done a thousand (OK, maybe five for me) sit-ups!

If I had gotten that these days I’d be freaking out! Heck, I still get a little cough in the morning sometimes and try my best to control it at grocery store or any other time another human is in sight lest they lose their minds! 

7 hours ago, Metal Man said:

Same, we had whatever that was sweep through the office in February and I was fairly certain back then that's what it was. With our Dept Head testing positive (and being the only one of us who has been lucky enough to be tested), I'm pretty sure we all got it.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

A friend lost both his grandparents last week to COVID complications. Grandmother first, grandfather about 5 days after. The Uncle has tested positive as well, and it's believe he passed it to them. He is absolutely distraught.

We also found out on a conference all this week that our Department Head and her husband both have it, but neither have gotten sick. He is a physician, and they both took a vacation to Italy earlier in the year (before it hit the fan), so not surprised they caught it. Luckily, they seem fine.

Same, we had whatever that was sweep through the office in February and I was fairly certain back then that's what it was. With our Dept Head testing positive (and being the only one of us who has been lucky enough to be tested), I'm pretty sure we all got it.

The timing doesn’t seem right, but the cougher in the back seat I got it from had just left a job in NYC. My stomach and back felt like I’d been beaten with a bat, and I just couldn’t stop coughing. My wife of course got it after me, but not as badly.

I’d love an antibody test. Whatever it was, that was one NASTY virus, and I hardly ever get sick. Certainly nothing like that since about 25 years ago when a flu sent me to a clinic that put me on an IV.