Covid poll  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you....

• know someone that has caught Covid and died
    • know someone that has caught Covid and recovered
    • know someone that has caught Covid and is still in isolation
    • Do not know of anyone that has caught Covid

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 04:34 AM

Someone I know in a FB group does this, and it's interesting seeing how the percentages change each week, though it is not a truly 100% scientific poll. 

Two degrees of separation is acceptable for your answer. So if your neighbors coworker has it, it would count. If your neighbor, coworker, garbage man, accountant, babysitter has it, it does not count. 

Edited by Just Jack

Had a little Zoom chat including my sister-in-law yesterday. Her boyfriend works in NYC where they know quite a few people who have been confirmed to have it. It’s quite common to them. Look out, probably heading your way! 

My grandson’s other grandmother seems to have it, as well as a guy who works for my wife out of Boston. Several confirmed cases in the office there, but as of yet he hasn’t been able to get tested. 

EDIT: The “other granny” seems to be bouncing back and doing much better. 

Edited by Augie

My friend's father died from it on Saturday night. 

It's awful. My friend suffers from anxiety and depression already so we're remotely going to have to keep an eye on him. 

• Sad 3

Two friends have it.

One i golfed with a week before he was diagnosed...he got sick really quick..in ICU for 3 days..but home and good now. Losing track of time but think that was prolly 4 weekends ago.

Another friend diagnosed last week, exhibiting no symptoms at all. She hugged a neighbor early on in the process who ended up testing positive, so she was tested and sure enough has it. I have not seen her in 3 weeks, so hopefully all good 

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Two friends have it.

One i golfed with a week before he was diagnosed...he got sick really quick..in ICU for 3 days..but home and good now. Losing track of time but think that was prolly 4 weekends ago.

Another friend diagnosed last week, exhibiting no symptoms at all. She hugged a neighbor early on in the process who ended up testing positive, so she was tested and sure enough has it. I have not seen her in 3 weeks, so hopefully all good 

Glad to hear your golf buddy is okay.  Best wishes to your other friend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

My friend's father died from it on Saturday night. 

It's awful. My friend suffers from anxiety and depression already so we're remotely going to have to keep an eye on him. 

So sorry to hear this.  I hope your friend stays strong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I erroneously voted in the 'Do not know of anyone that has caught Covid' category. It may be semantics but I misread that vote box. I do not personally know anyone who has caught it; however, someone where I work (did not know them) has perished from it. I am one of the fortunate people who is able to work from home, as is my wife. We have been working from home since this started. She and our sons have pretty much been home bound the entire time. I am the only one venturing out to walk the dog and get groceries for the family.

I know of a couple friends of friends who have died, and my next door neighbor has at least 2 current cases in her family. Her young niece has it (she has asthma, they are worried) and her brother - he is one of the buffalo police officers that has COVID19. Her daughter was just sick too. They had to quarantine (though they were still out in their yard a lot... I kept more than my 6ft of distance! lol), but she just went back to work yesterday so it wasn’t covid.

an acquaintance of mine’s neighbor died. He was in his 40’s and relatively healthy from what I’m told. 

And I have some friends and family down in NYC (some in healthcare). Thankfully I haven’t heard of anyone I know down there getting it yet (but I haven’t heard from some of them in weeks). One friend is a 65yr old doctor so I’m very worried about him. I talked to him recently. He’s taking every precaution he can, but being a practicing doctor puts him at obvious risk. 

They are really getting slammed down there.

I know two who have died, one a family friend in South Buffalo in his 50s, the other a close friends aunt.

I know two who have recovered. One a good friend, the other a friend's mother.

I have a longtime friend of over 30 years who is still in ICU here in Oregon, he is breathing on his own as of last night but has pneumonia and is not out of the woods yet. 

A very close friend in South Buffalo is a nurse working double shifts. I am very concerned as she is 60 and asthmatic.

Stock up and stay home if you can. If you can't then take every precaution possible, this is unfortunately not close to being over yet imo. Hopefully they will have enough ppe for the front line workers soon and finally be able to do widespread testing for the virus. This isn't the time or place to discuss the dysfunctional train wreck in that regard.

People who have had it already, the asymptomatic included, will have immunity and they must be identified by widespread serological testing for antibodies.   

Good luck and best wishes to you all.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 3

I know 2 people who have it.  Both were mild are basically recovered, although 1 keeps seeing symptoms persist on some level but by all intents and purposes is recovered.  They were not tested, but basic common sense says that they have it.

My friend's neighbor passed away which was the closest this has 'hit home', but classifying that as 'someone I know" is a reach.

I left early this morning to get groceries, and while driving out of the neighborhood, I see a fire truck and ambulance at the house of an old couple just one street over from mine. The paramedics were in full Covid gear....not good. 

I usually see the old man walking his dog around the neighborhood, but haven't seen him in almost a week, although I believe it was his wife they were taking out.

It was in my state, then in my county, then in my city, and now in my neighborhood.....too close for comfort!!?

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I don't see the option for - had it at the end of January, but undiagnosed as it was too early in the process.

We drove to Florida at Christmas with a young lady who coughed for 9 straight hours. I spent all of January (and much of February) with a dry cough, a fever and I was totally exhausted! I coughed so much and so hard my back and stomach felt like I had done a thousand (OK, maybe five for me) sit-ups!

If I had gotten that these days I’d be freaking out! Heck, I still get a little cough in the morning sometimes and try my best to control it at grocery store or any other time another human is in sight lest they lose their minds! 

Edited by Augie