I would love the Bills to pair up Perine with Singletary.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wait, what?  You like him “way better” than the consensus top 3 RB’s?  May I ask why?

I've watched all three of "top" RB's and none them struck me as a first round talent. Dobbins seemed to lack the vision to be a big time back although he runs very hard. Dobbins also shows great contact balance and breaks arm tackles alot but is not a good pass protector imo. Maybe his pass pro issues can be fixed as it might be technical. I do like Dobbins as a runner the most out of the top three.

Taylor does have breakaway speed but never seemed to wow me as it appeared he usually had huge lanes to run through. He also has seemingly the least wiggle of the three. I am also biased as Wisconsin always seems to produce great college backs that have very little NFL success.

Swift i really only watched against south carolina (which was probably his worst game). But i saw very little from him as i was wondering why was he so highly touted.

I watched Perine against sec competition and he seemingly always got the job done more often than not. Without the benefit of great blocking or good passing attack.

AJ Dillon reminds me alot of Derrick Henry.

Dillion faced a stacked box more than any other RB in college (75% if im correct). He creates a big mismatch in that if we go 4 wide (3wrs 1te) with Dillion at RB. How would the defense counter dime, nickel or base. If they go dime or nickel we could pound Dillon and make 180-200 pound dbs trying to tackle him. If they go base we should have lbs and safetys covering Knox, Beasley & Dillon.

Dillon is my biggest hopeful at RB with Perine, Akers and Gibson following after.

Edited by ChattanoogaBills

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I mentioned it in another thread that I saw his entire career with the Gators. Tends to get caught up a lot on short yardage plays. Not terrible-as in old Frank Gore, but not that kind of back. He’d be a great ‘Kenny Davis’ compliment to Devins’ Thurman!

Hope he’s available when we pick in the 3rd -if not Round 2.

Was thinking same thing. Thomas n Davis killer 1-2 punch.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

His legit speed is special making him special. Much like Kenny Davis, you get him past the LOS, he can take it to the house. I’d be happy if he became a Bill, where ever we could get him.

Whose speed are you talking about?  Dillon did run an impressive 4.5ish 40, but he isn't very elusive and Perine neither looks fast (to me) nor did he run better than 4.6 at the combine.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Whose speed are you talking about?  Dillon did run an impressive 4.5ish 40, but he isn't very elusive and Perine neither looks fast (to me) nor did he run better than 4.6 at the combine.

Yeah, idk about all that. He played 4 years in the SEC, leaving most in his wake. Watch the hi-lites in the OP. Game speed is a REAL  equation.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I compare Dillon to D. Henry who isnt very elusive. But we all saw what type of business decisions defenders had to make when trying to tackle Henry. I envision Dillon doing the same to defenses in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

I've watched him down here in FL as this team and FSU are on every week.  He's solid and would compliment Singletary, just wouldn't want him or anyone else before the 4th or 5th round.  Our 2nd and 3rd, should be spent on an Edge Rusher and WR, in no order and happy to bundle picks to get higher to get only maybe 4 or 5 at most with these three positions as a priority of the talent comes to us.  I don't care about the other 1-2 picks as I trust Beane and company.  Whatever they think is the best value.  I just don't want to overdraft for a complimentary back.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I would snag him in the 4th in a heartbeat. I like him way better than Swift, Dobbins, or Taylor.

Sorry but he's NOT better than Taylor or Dobbins. I don't care how many videos you watch. There's a reason he has a 4-5 round grade.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I hope for someone better.  I like the fact that he’s a home run hitter.  That’s really all I see in him though.  He can’t make people miss and has no power.  He can take it to the house though.  I do like that.  I’d prefer someone that has some ability to make a person miss or break tackles.  I just see him as a “get ball and sprint” rb 

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry but he's NOT better than Taylor or Dobbins. I don't care how many videos you watch. There's a reason he has a 4-5 round grade.

Well i haven't watched any videos of said players. I watched them playing during the season. Also i dont know how much college football you watch but i watch a ton while working at a sports bar. Also i gamble on football so watching said player miss a gaping hole repeatedly and losing my money tells me he's not as good as advertised. While i dont have a crystal ball. I've seen many players graded poorly gone to have great nfl careers. And other cant miss RBs bust.

But im by no means a scout or draft expert. So i guess we will see. But as a betting man i would wager that we wont pick any RB until at least the 3rd round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, idk about all that. He played 4 years in the SEC, leaving most in his wake. Watch the hi-lites in the OP. Game speed is a REAL  equation.

Game speed applies to Singletary too.
Neither Devin nor Perine are outside the tackles type of speed.

But i hope Bills are lookin at bruiser.
If this Perine kid to replace TJ on Teams ? he can have my day  3 vote

1 hour ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I compare Dillon to D. Henry who isnt very elusive. But we all saw what type of business decisions defenders had to make when trying to tackle Henry. I envision Dillon doing the same to defenses in the NFL.

I would have traded for Henry and paid him too.

just me though.Love that type of player. and Singletary would be a great change up.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope for someone better.  I like the fact that he’s a home run hitter.  That’s really all I see in him though.  He can’t make people miss and has no power.  He can take it to the house though.  I do like that.  I’d prefer someone that has some ability to make a person miss or break tackles.  I just see him as a “get ball and sprint” rb 

Where did this notion that he has breakaway speed come from?  I don’t see that in the games that I watched and his combine 40 was over 4.6 (not game breaking speed for a RB).

18 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Where did this notion that he has breakaway speed come from?  I don’t see that in the games that I watched and his combine 40 was over 4.6 (not game breaking speed for a RB).

I don’t think he has gamebreaking speed.  I think that he’s just looking to go north-south afap.  No side to side.  No thinking.  Just go straight