I would love the Bills to pair up Perine with Singletary.

What a tandem these 2 would make. To me they have similar qualities. Some are predicting that Perine could go as late as the 4th or 5th rd. I don’t know where he is going to be drafted at but I wouldn’t be against using our 3rd rder on him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks for posting.  Looks good as receiver on check downs too!  Decent size and power.  Should last to 5th round.

Here is excerpt from The Draft Network's Joe Marino and link https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/lamical-perine/CSXbLdLoSB

Versatility - Ideally an inside runner that also provides value on third downs with his ability to catch the football. Play demeanor and competitive toughness should translate to special teams. 

BEST TRAIT - Power

WORST TRAIT - Elusiveness

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Jonathan Williams

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1

I mentioned it in another thread that I saw his entire career with the Gators. Tends to get caught up a lot on short yardage plays. Not terrible-as in old Frank Gore, but not that kind of back. He’d be a great ‘Kenny Davis’ compliment to Devins’ Thurman!

Hope he’s available when we pick in the 3rd -if not Round 2.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I mentioned it in another thread that I saw his entire career with the Gators. Tends to get caught up a lot on short yardage plays. Not terrible-as in old Frank Gore, but not that kind of back. He’d be a great ‘Kenny Davis’ compliment to Devins’ Thurman!

Many thanks for insight here.  Not JAG but nothing special is my takeaway.  Thinking that the preponderance of quality RBs (and WRS too) in this years draft means we could land a good player at either position with the 8th pick in Rd 5.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The way that teams undervalue RB’s he might be available in round 4 or 5

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

We need a downhill guy who’s gonna add a physical presence to the offense. If Taylor isn’t available at pick 54, you can get somebody that adds that without the big play ability in the 4th or 5th round.  

I agree with this and I am excited to see which rb we draft if we end up getting little to no drop off while Singletary is on the sidelines it could make this offense so much better. I am not at all sure where Lamar Miller is with his recovery from a torn acl and I would guess since teams can't visit with players at this point that is the reason he hasn't been signed. Miller is 28 and has racked up some touches but was a 4.4 rb coming out of college and is good in all three phases of the game running, receiving, and pass blocking. I would anticipate someone is getting him cheap he made 6.5 a year on his previous contract, he should be had for 2-4 on a one year prove it deal for somebody.  If he was signed and not right, he could probably be cut if he isn't right and we could still draft an rb regardless, after all it is a one year deal. I know McDermott likes his vet in with each position group just wondering if he could be that guy even with this all the what ifs?

Edited by billrooter
  • Like (+1) 1

I wasn’t nearly as impressed with Perine as some in this thread are.  I think he is a consolation prize that you might take in the 4th or 5th round if you don’t take a back earlier.  At least based on the games that I watched and also based on what I’ve read,I can’t see a case to take him any higher than the 4th.

Just my opinion...

• Like (+1) 2

I like Perine a lot as a compliment to Motor in the 4th round. I don't see why we can also have a 3rd RB that is a smash mouth downhill short distance power house too. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

The way that teams undervalue RB’s he might be available in round 4 or 5

I think the RB class depth is maybe a bit overblown.  There are some really good prospects in Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Edward-Helaire and I think that Akers and Moss aren’t too far behind them with Evans being interesting.  Beyond them, I think you are into guys who aren’t very special- and I group AJ Dillon and Perine into the not special group.  

Of course, those are just my opinions- others may see it differently.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Wow. Looks like a beast. I liked him a lot after watching the Senior Bowl. 

Joe B had him in his mock draft:

Round 2 - Kyle Duggar  S   Lenoir Ryne

Round 3 - Bryan Edwards WR  South Carolina 

Round 4 - John Simpson OL Clemson

Round 5 - Lamical Perine RB  Florida

Round 7 - Charlie Heck OT  North Carolina

Edited by PIZ

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think the RB class depth is maybe a bit overblown.  There are some really good prospects in Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Edward-Helaire and I think that Akers and Moss aren’t too far behind them with Evans being interesting.  Beyond them, I think you are into guys who aren’t very special- and I group AJ Dillon and Perine into the not special group.  

Of course, those are just my opinions- others may see it differently.

His legit speed is special making him special. Much like Kenny Davis, you get him past the LOS, he can take it to the house. I’d be happy if he became a Bill, where ever we could get him.

• Like (+1) 1