Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

Just now, daz28 said:

I'm talking about hydroxychloroquine, which (even your article says) has fewer side effect.  And I agree with him: doctors should be the ones deciding and the Feds should allow off-label prescription in a time of emergency like this.

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He is not a leader, he is a rabble rousing clown.

This is exactly what's wrong with the vast majority of the electorate.  They judge their elected officials not against a set of priorities and the numbers or facts that measure performance but rather on style and opinion and feelings.  Add to that people who make the assessment on what's good for them selfishly as individuals rather than that of the country as a whole.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

I'm talking about hydroxychloroquine, which (even your article says) has fewer side effect.  And I agree with him: doctors should be the ones deciding and the Feds should allow off-label prescription in a time of emergency like this.

Look, he said that you have nothing to lose by taking it: ABSOLUTELY FALSE

He said it can't harm you: FALSE

When they tried to ask the doctor about legal ramifications, he cut them off.

He was ABSOLUTELY giving bad advice, and it's indisputable. Am I saying it's a bad idea? No   Am I saying it's a decision between you and your doctor: yes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is why you don't do what he did:

But in those few days, a few people who began self medicating with the drugs in an effort to prevent COVID-19 have died, and others have been hospitalized. These tragedies have raised questions about the safety of the drug combo, and how valid they are as a possible solution to treating COVID-19.

https://time.com/5808894/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus/

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ignore him. He's just mad because he's wrong an d Trump is right...again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Look, he said that you have nothing to lose by taking it: ABSOLUTELY FALSE

He said it can't harm you: FALSE

When they tried to ask the doctor about legal ramifications, he cut them off.

He was ABSOLUTELY giving bad advice, and it's indisputable. Am I saying it's a bad idea? No   Am I saying it's a decision between you and your doctor: yes

No drug is completely safe in everyone.  Using that standard is silly.  Again this medication has been around for over 50 years and at no time was its side effect profile a problem...until now.

You see, at present there is NO TREATMENT for Wuhan virus.  So for those experiencing severe symptoms when no one can predict whether they'll worsen or not, it's better to at least give the patient a chance with this medication.  There have been reports of it working and we don't have time for controlled studies.  And I'll bet if given the choice between possibly dying from Wuhan virus and taking the med, you'd take the med.  You probably wouldn't admit it...

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

This is why you don't do what he did:

But in those few days, a few people who began self medicating with the drugs in an effort to prevent COVID-19 have died, and others have been hospitalized. These tragedies have raised questions about the safety of the drug combo, and how valid they are as a possible solution to treating COVID-19.

So you see the words "self medicating"?

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sabrecrazed said:

Ignore him. He's just mad because he's wrong an d Trump is right...again.

Is that how radical Trump supporters get smarter by ignoring people with an alternate position?  If the guy had of done a good job there, I'd have said so, but it was horrendous.  I've always said that if he was just a little different he could have been a remarkable president, but he just can't help himself.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No drug is completely safe in everyone.  Using that standard is silly.  Again this medication has been around for over 50 years and at no time was its side effect profile a problem...until now.

You see, at present there is NO TREATMENT for Wuhan virus.  So for those experiencing severe symptoms when no one can predict whether they'll worsen or not, it's better to at least give the patient a chance with this medication.  There have been reports of it working and we don't have time for controlled studies.  And I'll bet if given the choice between possibly dying from Wuhan virus and taking the med, you'd take the med.  You probably wouldn't admit it...

So you see the words "self medicating"?

Did you hear the words it can't hurt you?????????

If you have or are in a condition that otherwise seems irreversible I'm totally fine with an experimental drug.  This drug has had NO effect on symptoms.  It simply cuts the virus load.  I'm skeptical, but damn right I'd take it if I thought I was clocking out for good.  The problem is he was saying that there's NO chance it could harm you.  HE WAS WRONG.  There's not even any logic in him saying that, because no one has any idea if it actually saved anyone, or if it actually made their condition worse or even was the cause of their death.  THERE'S NO EVIDENCE!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Trump is getting desperate. I look for him to lose his ***** very soon. He’s tired of listening to the experts and wants to get back to normal. More people will die because of him. 

That's exactly what happened tonight.  He was cutting off all the questions until he finally got mad and stormed off.  He wanted his opinion to be right so badly that he wouldn't let them ask the doctors about it

Edited by daz28

14 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

This is exactly what's wrong with the vast majority of the electorate.  They judge their elected officials not against a set of priorities and the numbers or facts that measure performance but rather on style and opinion and feelings.  Add to that people who make the assessment on what's good for them selfishly as individuals rather than that of the country as a whole.

Going back to the Ten Commandments, it’s been a sign of bad character to be a liar. That doesn’t bother you at all? His ignorance? Childish behavior? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That's exactly what happened tonight.  He was cutting off all the questions until he finally got mad and stormed off.  He wanted his opinion to be right so badly that he wouldn't let them ask the doctors about it

He seriously stormed off? Lol nice! 

I think everyone should have a fire pit in their back yard.

I'm sitting around a fire with the family right now on a cool night with a clear sky and the big bright moon shining down through the trees.

It's like camping except I don't have to sleep in a tent and when I want a crisp cold German beer the kitchen is only 100 feet away. It really is amazing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Did you hear the words it can't hurt you?????????

If you have or are in a condition that otherwise seems irreversible I'm totally fine with an experimental drug.  This drug has had NO effect on symptoms.  It simply cuts the virus load.  I'm skeptical, but damn right I'd take it if I thought I was clocking out for good.  The problem is he was saying that there's NO chance it could harm you.  HE WAS WRONG.  There's not even any logic in him saying that, because no one has any idea if it actually saved anyone, or if it actually made their condition worse or even was the cause of their death.  THERE'S NO EVIDENCE!

What are you talking about?  This drug has helped patients.  You think people are saying it works without any evidence at all?  LOL!

And there is no way to know if you will die or recover from Wuhan virus.  So in the absence of any treatment at present, and especially when talking about a drug that's been out there and used for the past 50 years with no hue and cry over its safety...until now, it's totally acceptable to use it for patients who are experiencing worsening symptoms. 

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

I'm sitting around a fire with the family right now on a cool night with a clear sky and the big bright moon shining down through the trees.

It's like camping except I don't have to sleep in a tent and when I want a crisp cold German beer the kitchen is only 100 feet away. It really is amazing.

My neighbors actually set up the whole camping rig in the yard the other night.  Definitely a great way to get away from all this.  I'm pretty stressed out from it all, as I'm sure everyone is.  Have fun M8

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

okay, this one is for the old skoolers like me on this board.  when i read this thread title, it kinda reminded me of an all time TSW classic

What were you 12 when that one was posted?  Holy hell I had only just turned 44. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

We have the same set up, about 200 feet into the woods.  It’s awesome.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

What are you talking about?  This drug has helped patients.  You think people are saying it works without any evidence at all?  LOL!

And there is no way to know if you will die or recover from Wuhan virus.  So in the absence of any treatment at present, and especially when talking about a drug that's been out there and used for the past 50 years with no hue and cry over its safety...until now, it's totally acceptable to use it for patients who are experiencing worsening symptoms. 

...and now like Mr President you are also wrong:

The excitement over the combination’s potential began with a small French study of people with the novel coronavirus. In those patients, the load of SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19, in their blood dropped after they received the medications, although their clinical symptoms didn’t change much. In another study of about 100 patients in China, doctors also reported some success in using the drug duo to reduce the viral load in patients.   -Oh NOW we trust China

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said the data so far “was not done in a controlled clinical trial. So you really can’t make any definitive statement about it.”

“In general if hydroxychloroquine really, really worked, and it was a magic drug for COVID-19, we would know it by now,” says Dr. David Sullivan, professor of microbiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and an infectious disease physician at the university’s malaria research institute. “Right now we have no clinical evidence that it works.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1