Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

Andrew Cuomo, the New York governor, described how ventilators went from $25,000 to $45,000 “because we bid $25,000. California says, ‘I’ll give you $30,000’ and Illinois says, ‘I’ll give you $35,000’ and Florida says ‘I’ll give you $40,000. And then, Fema [the Federal Emergency Management Agency] gets involved and Fema starts bidding! “And now Fema is bidding on top of the 50! So Fema is driving up the price. What sense does this make? We’re literally bidding up the prices ourselves.”

New York state is paying 20 cents for gloves that normally cost less than five cents, $7.50 for masks that normally go for 50 cents, $2,795 for infusion pumps that normally cost half that, $248,841 for a portable X-ray machine that typically sells for $30,000 to $80,000.

Who’s pocketing all this? An array of producers, importers, wholesalers and speculators. State laws against price gouging usually don’t apply to government purchases.

Some of it may be finding its way into this fall’s election campaigns. The veteran Republican fundraiser Mike Gula and Republican political operative John Thomas just started a company selling coronavirus testing kits, personal protective equipment and other “hard to find medical supplies to beat the outbreak”. They call themselves “the largest global network of Covid-19 medical suppliers”.

Asked how he’d found such equipment, Gula explained: “I have relationships with a lot of people.”

Thomas added: “In politics – especially if you’re at a high enough level – you are one phone call away from anybody in the world.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/04/donald-trump-coronavirus-power-grab

3 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Dementia.

How does he not understand that if they die you don't know if they died from the drug you gave them or the disease itself???   Now he really is going off the rails.  If Fauci and Deborah advocate this their medical license should be revoked on the spot

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

How does he not understand that if they die you don't know if they died from the drug you gave them or the disease itself???   Now he really is going off the rails.  If Fauci and Deborah advocate this their medical license should be revoked on the spot

How do you not understand that doctors all over the world are using this treatment with great success? It is a drug that's been around 60 or 70 years. It doesn't kill people. Some don't want to use it because it is cheap and easily made and widely available. It's not a big money maker for big Pharma though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, sabrecrazed said:

How do you not understand that doctors all over the world are using this treatment with great success? It is a drug that's been around 60 or 70 years. It doesn't kill people. Some don't want to use it because it is cheap and easily made and widely available. It's not a big money maker for big Pharma though.

Ignore them.  Armchair doctors that know nothing.  The Shoutbox is even funnier.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh I had no idea that what works for one person works for all.  I'm amazed that in school they never taught us that.  Let me ask you this.  If a doctor gives you some random drug, and you get sick, who is responsible???  Should we be giving them Ibuprofen????  Seems safe enough.  I'd be willing to bet $50k you're not a medical professional

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ignore them.  Armchair doctors that know nothing.  The Shoutbox is even funnier.

Oh really, how much medical background do you or Trump have???

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Oh I had no idea that what works for one person works for all.  I'm amazed that in school they never taught us that.  Let me ask you this.  If a doctor gives you some random drug, and you get sick, who is responsible???  Should we be giving them Ibuprofen????  Seems safe enough.  I'd be willing to bet $50k you're not a medical professional

How much do you have?  Are even you consulting with doctors like Trump is?  Did you even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

How much do you have?  Are even you consulting with doctors like Trump is?  Did you even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

These doctors cannot legally say give random drugs to patients on ethical grounds alone.  It's pure lunacy from a medical standpoint.  I'm a licensed health care professional, and I guarantee I have far more education than you and the manager at the Holiday Inn express.  Ethics 101: Do no harm.  In case you notice Trump WON'T let them answer the question

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Doctors all over the world are using it....Doctors dumbass....doctors. What does that have to do with my profession? I'm not saying it's right for everybody and neither is Trump, but if a patient is out of options, what is the harm? It sounds like you would rather let them die. Also though, many of the doctors are taking it themselves because it apparently has some preventative qualities. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Very Presidential press conference there huh??   Maybe just once let them ask the whole question before you cut them off, and start pouting.  He really is that bad folks

Doctors all over the world are using it....Doctors dumbass....doctors. What does that have to do with my profession? I'm not saying it's right for everybody and neither is Trump, but if a patient is out of options, what is the harm? It sounds like you would rather let them die. Also though, many of the doctors are taking it themselves because it apparently has some preventative qualities. 

Yes YOUR PERSONAL DOCTOR. Not a fat guy on a stage saying it CAN'T HARM YOU