Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Ok which president since Lincoln has done more? The majority of presidents since then have paid little attention to them, and some we're openly hostile to black people. So who are you arguing has been better for blacks? Or is you point that you labeled him a racist once he became Republican and therefore facts are beneath you?

Grant, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Truman, Ike, JFK, LBJ, Clinton and Obama 

June 2, 2020

Hon. Mark T. Esper

Secretary of Defense

The Pentagon

Washington, D.C., 20301

Dear Secretary Esper,

I resign from the Defense Science Board, effective immediately.

When I joined the Board in early 2014, after leaving government service as Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, I again swore an oath of office, one familiar to you, that includes the commitment to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States . . . and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same.”

You recited that same oath on July 23, 2019, when you were sworn in as Secretary of Defense. On Monday, June 1, 2020, I believe that you violated that oath. Law-abiding protesters just outside the White House were dispersed using tear gas and rubber bullets — not for the sake of safety, but to clear a path for a presidential photo op. You then accompanied President Trump in walking from the White House to St. John’s Episcopal Church for that photo.

President Trump’s actions Monday night violated his oath to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed,” as well as the First Amendment “right of the people peaceably to assemble.” You may not have been able to stop President Trump from directing this appalling use of force, but you could have chosen to oppose it. Instead, you visibly supported it.

Anyone who takes the oath of office must decide where he or she will draw the line: What are the things that they will refuse to do? Secretary Esper, you have served honorably for many years, in active and reserve military duty, as Secretary of the Army, and now as Secretary of Defense. You must have thought long and hard about where that line should be drawn. I must now ask: If last night’s blatant violations do not cross the line for you, what will?

Unfortunately, it appears there may be few if any lines that President Trump is not willing to cross, so you will probably be faced with this terrible question again in the coming days. You may be asked to take, or to direct the men and women serving in the U.S. military to take, actions that further undermine the Constitution and harm Americans.

As a concerned citizen, and as a former senior defense official who cares deeply about the military, I urge you to consider closely both your future actions and your future words. For example, some could interpret literally your suggestion to the nation’s governors Monday that they need to “dominate the battlespace.” I cannot believe that you see the United States as a “battlespace,” or that you believe our citizens must be “dominated.” Such language sends an extremely dangerous signal.

You have made life-and-death decisions in combat overseas; soon you may be asked to make life-and-death decisions about using the military on American streets and against Americans. Where will you draw the line, and when will you draw it?

I hope this letter of resignation will encourage you to again contemplate the obligations you undertook in your oath of office, as well as your obligations to the men and women in our military and other Americans whose lives may be at stake. In the event that at least some other senior officials may be inclined to ask these questions after reading this letter, I am making it public.

I wish you the best, in very difficult times. The sanctity of the U.S. Constitution, and the lives of Americans, may depend on your choices.

Sincerely,

Y4DCLBQWPVDDZD2GQLMZIQMTTI.jpg

James N. Miller

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Would you be willing to explain a few policies or final results that benefited blacks? FDR and LBJ was a racist, and Clinton and Obama did not see blacks benefit financially compared to prior presidents and also both caused jail times become less equal across races, the others I do not know much about.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Would you be willing to explain a few policies or final results that benefited blacks? FDR and LBJ was a racist, and Clinton and Obama did not see blacks benefit financially compared to prior presidents and also both caused jail times become less equal across races, the others I do not know much about.

FDR de-segregated the defense industry and LBJ, seriously? You don't know what LBJ did? 

Clinton appointed many more blacks to positions and Obama's health care reform helped millions of blacks, and others, get health insurance so they can go see a doctor. 

48 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

FDR de-segregated the defense industry and LBJ, seriously? You don't know what LBJ did? 

Clinton appointed many more blacks to positions and Obama's health care reform helped millions of blacks, and others, get health insurance so they can go see a doctor. 

I know "The Great Society" and I also know that it helped accelerate the decimation of the black family unit which had been getting stronger prior to it. You and I will have to disagree which is better- giving healthcare through government or making the situation better so someone does not need govt assistance and can afford their own healthcare 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I know "The Great Society" and I also know that it helped accelerate the decimation of the black family unit which had been getting stronger prior to it. You and I will have to disagree which is better- giving healthcare through government or making the situation better so someone does not need govt assistance and can afford their own healthcare 

Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, you know, making them full citizens and all. The black middle class greatly expanded because of the Civil Rights Movement. 

And your joke about health care is funny. Nothing is better than something? You want me to believe that? No.  

37 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, you know, making them full citizens and all. The black middle class greatly expanded because of the Civil Rights Movement. 

And your joke about health care is funny. Nothing is better than something? You want me to believe that? No.  

I give all the credit for the Voter and Civil rights acts to Kennedy since he was clearly the one who spearheaded it. I also do not believe that LBJ would have even have signed it if he thought it would not help him politically. But as I said I prefer to give someone the ability to get there own then have govt give it to them. We honestly disagree there.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

June 2, 2020

Hon. Mark T. Esper

Secretary of Defense

The Pentagon

Washington, D.C., 20301

Dear Secretary Esper,

I resign from the Defense Science Board, effective immediately.

When I joined the Board in early 2014, after leaving government service as Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, I again swore an oath of office, one familiar to you, that includes the commitment to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States . . . and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same.”

You recited that same oath on July 23, 2019, when you were sworn in as Secretary of Defense. On Monday, June 1, 2020, I believe that you violated that oath. Law-abiding protesters just outside the White House were dispersed using tear gas and rubber bullets — not for the sake of safety, but to clear a path for a presidential photo op. You then accompanied President Trump in walking from the White House to St. John’s Episcopal Church for that photo.

President Trump’s actions Monday night violated his oath to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed,” as well as the First Amendment “right of the people peaceably to assemble.” You may not have been able to stop President Trump from directing this appalling use of force, but you could have chosen to oppose it. Instead, you visibly supported it.

Anyone who takes the oath of office must decide where he or she will draw the line: What are the things that they will refuse to do? Secretary Esper, you have served honorably for many years, in active and reserve military duty, as Secretary of the Army, and now as Secretary of Defense. You must have thought long and hard about where that line should be drawn. I must now ask: If last night’s blatant violations do not cross the line for you, what will?

Unfortunately, it appears there may be few if any lines that President Trump is not willing to cross, so you will probably be faced with this terrible question again in the coming days. You may be asked to take, or to direct the men and women serving in the U.S. military to take, actions that further undermine the Constitution and harm Americans.

As a concerned citizen, and as a former senior defense official who cares deeply about the military, I urge you to consider closely both your future actions and your future words. For example, some could interpret literally your suggestion to the nation’s governors Monday that they need to “dominate the battlespace.” I cannot believe that you see the United States as a “battlespace,” or that you believe our citizens must be “dominated.” Such language sends an extremely dangerous signal.

You have made life-and-death decisions in combat overseas; soon you may be asked to make life-and-death decisions about using the military on American streets and against Americans. Where will you draw the line, and when will you draw it?

I hope this letter of resignation will encourage you to again contemplate the obligations you undertook in your oath of office, as well as your obligations to the men and women in our military and other Americans whose lives may be at stake. In the event that at least some other senior officials may be inclined to ask these questions after reading this letter, I am making it public.

I wish you the best, in very difficult times. The sanctity of the U.S. Constitution, and the lives of Americans, may depend on your choices.

Sincerely,

Y4DCLBQWPVDDZD2GQLMZIQMTTI.jpg

James N. Miller

Oh boo hoo. 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Gee, you think that an intelligent person would have checked out the fake tear gas story first.

Or maybe checked with his boss to see if he condoned the walk first.

It is almost as if Mr. Miller just wanted to showboat himself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Gee, you think that an intelligent person would have checked out the fake tear gas story first.

Or maybe checked with his boss to see if he condoned the walk first.

It is almost as if Mr. Miller just wanted to showboat himself.

“Those who set out to silence those voices do not understand the meaning of America — or how it becomes a better place.”

9 hours ago, westside2 said:

Liberals are scum. The dimwits on here just proves it.

Are they scum or are they stupid? Either way, I think you've confused your point. Try sticking to one emotional lashing-out at a time until you get the hang of it.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

LBJ!?   The president said ON TAPE on Air Force One that if the Dems passed his Great Society  bill which  is responsible for gutting the black family,  :we'll be having the n****** voting democrat for 200 years.

• Like (+1) 2