Stephon Gilmore seems to think covering new Bills WR Stefon Diggs will be 'light work'

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm a Bills fan who's not butt hurt by Gilmore liking a tweet. It looks like only a few realize Gilmore didn't tweet this out. He simply liked it. It's not like he said he's better that White or something.

I'm wearing thongs, by the way.

Unfortunately, in your crusade to be upset, you can't get out of your own way enough to realize that there's few, if any, people truly upset in this thread. Most are just having a good time with it..then the "Let me tell you about all the reality that only *I* can see" people show up and lead to them getting butthurt when no one recognizes their keen insights. So enjoy the pain killers, you're going to need a lot of them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This from a guy who was humiliated by our ‘other’ wideout in front of a national audience. Pay him more, Bill!

I mean he was defensive player of the year.  And they won a SB.  I think Bill might have known better than some bitter Bills fans.

and it’s weird because this doesn’t seem like Gilmore.  But I’ve never seen a really good Bills player get dumped on more by Bills fans.  Dude would shut down Antonio Brown and he would give up a catch the next game and people would be like Gilmore sucks.  It was so stupid.  And Bills fans laughed at NE and he became defensive player of the year.  Just let the irrational hatred (he didn’t smile at the draft and I’m mad at him ?) go and let’s see if Allen and Diggs can make him eat his words.  Pretty simple stuff (but I’m sure Some Bills fans will be belligerent a holes on social media instead).

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm a Bills fan who's not butt hurt by Gilmore liking a tweet. It looks like only a few realize Gilmore didn't tweet this out. He simply liked it. It's not like he said he's better that White or something.

I'm wearing thongs, by the way.

I know, All in good isolation fun. ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Unfortunately, in your crusade to be upset, you can't get out of your own way enough to realize that there's few, if any, people truly upset in this thread. Most are just having a good time with it..then the "Let me tell you about all the reality that only *I* can see" people show up and lead to them getting butthurt when no one recognizes their keen insights. So enjoy the pain killers, you're going to need a lot of them.

I'm having as much fun, if not more than anyone here. Does weed count as a pain killer?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I know, All in good isolation fun. ?

Unlike Jeremy2020, I think you get me. Stay safe.

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Maybe he got his ankles broke too?

I think he hurt his big toe too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean he was defensive player of the year.  And they won a SB.  I think Bill might have known better than some bitter Bills fans.

and it’s weird because this doesn’t seem like Gilmore.  But I’ve never seen a really good Bills player get dumped on more by Bills fans.  Dude would shut down Antonio Brown and he would give up a catch the next game and people would be like Gilmore sucks.  It was so stupid.  And Bills fans laughed at NE and he became defensive player of the year.  Just let the irrational hatred (he didn’t smile at the draft and I’m mad at him ?) go and let’s see if Allen and Diggs can make him eat his words.  Pretty simple stuff (but I’m sure Some Bills fans will be belligerent a holes on social media instead).

Really? A few Bills fans are having some fun at the expense of the fully recognized best CB in the pro game and you’re COMPELLED to come here and condescendingly scold? 

Lemme guess, You’re isolating alone, right?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It’s how he carries himself and the fact that he rarely ever has any good words about his time in Buffalo.  He comes off as very smug in interviews - almost Belichickian 

Like I said before, after a strong 2014 season he talked a lot about being a top CB but then he plays like trash in 2015 and gets PWNED by the likes of Brandon Marshall and Chris Hogan.   It left a lot people thinking he was all talk and overrated.

Then there’s New England.

He’s probably one of mine least favorite players in the NFL.  Though I do recognize that he’s been among the best at his position the past few years.  Though I do think he has made the most out of the New England system

Literally Bills fans were crying because he didn’t smile when he got drafted.  He would give up a catch and fans be like he’s an overrated bum.  When he signed with NE, there was a monster thread laughing at Belichick for paying that overrated bum.  And he unbiased football people knew he was a really good player.  He literally never talked or did anything bad and he got trashed more than any good Bills player than I can remember.  It was so stupid.  And it couldn’t have worked out better for him.  

39 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Super Bowl Champ, Defensive Player of the Year. Typical pitchfork guy on TBD.

It is still shocking to me that he was defensive mvp, did the system and other players in NE really coverup all his flaws or has he really gotten that much better? A lot of people on here claim that he was a scapegoat here and he played great, IMO that is a steaming pile of misinformation from a blind person. The guy got beat a lot and was a puss for a guy that when we drafted him was considered big and physical, I have never seen The White a corner with a much smaller frame than him shy away from contact like Gilmore did while he was here. Dopey is a good name, posting pictures of your crush on a Bills board like the ones above you should ashamed as should all the other guys on here calling Brady the GOAT and hugging his nuts on here, should be sacrilegious.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They should have cut him after the game!!!! Bum!!!

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bills made the correct decision to let him walk and they replaced him with a guy far better suited to be in Buffalo and who actually made All-Pro without being allowed to clutch and grab like he's allowed to do in Cheaterland.  And rumor is the Cheaters are shopping him for a 1st rounder.

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Is there anyone saying he didn’t get beat on the play?

People were saying Sherman got roasted in the SB... there was nothing close to this bad of coverage.

This was classic Buffalo Gilmore followed with his looking around stunned at everybody else like it was their fault.

Here's Gilly walking around after that play:

giphy.webp

Just now, H2o said:

A select foew on here like....

asd.jpg

Ahahahahah!!!

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Literally Bills fans were crying because he didn’t smile when he got drafted.  He would give up a catch and fans be like he’s an overrated bum.  When he signed with NE, there was a monster thread laughing at Belichick for paying that overrated bum.  And he unbiased football people knew he was a really good player.  He literally never talked or did anything bad and he got trashed more than any good Bills player than I can remember.  It was so stupid.  And it couldn’t have worked out better for him.  

Again....I said it’s how he carries himself and how he comes across.  

Go watch the Bills 2015 and 2016 season where the “lock down” corner is blaming his teammates for getting burned.  It’s all perception and he came off poorly.  So that’s why the fan base feels the way they do. 

Though I hope he’s gotten your valentines

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Really? A few Bills fans are having some fun at the expense of the fully recognized best CB in the pro game and you’re COMPELLED to come here and condescendingly scold? 

Lemme guess, You’re isolating alone, right?

You seem bitter guy.  And I’ve had a better quarantine time than you have in a normal world. Minus the whole not go really anywhere, mine has be awesome.  Hope yours is the same. ?

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/stephon-gilmore-seems-think-covering-new-bills-wr-stefon-diggs-will-be-light-work

I know it’s only a tweet like but Gilmore is really feeling himself considering though he is a Man to Man corner the reality is that he does get help from the safety. One thing I know about Gilmore is that he cannot cover a receiver that has good route running and that can get by press coverage. Can’t wait for this NFL season to start. Everyone please stay healthy and safe.

Gilmore should say this, good for his team and the league. The reality is now The Patriots have to cover 3 great WR's, Knox and Singletary. If they pressure Allen up the middle now they have Allen on the run. The Patriots haven't dominated Buffalo last two years so without Brady now the Patriots have to contain Buffalo's offense. We will see but if Allen himself improves the long ball passing the answer to this is NO!

2 hours ago, Bring it said:

John Brown is exactly the type that Gilmore struggles with. Same when he played for us. I honestly have not watched Diggs all that much but I do think that amount of  chemistry he has with Josh will matter just as much! If he and Diggs can put it together like he did with Smoke then watch out.This offense will be dynamic and explosive!!! Who do you try and take away Brown or Diggs??

?

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Again....I said it’s how he carries himself and how he comes across.  

Go watch the Bills 2015 and 2016 season where the “lock down” corner is blaming his teammates for getting burned.  It’s all perception and he came off poorly.  So that’s why the fan base feels the way they do. 

Though I hope he’s gotten your valentines

I mean, a lot of those times he’s right.  There are blown coverage and a cb gets hung out to dry.  Maybe he should talk about it on the sideline.  But it’s nothing compared to what most cornerbacks.

i just never got the “hate” Bills fans had for a good player who literally never talked or did anything bad of the field.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Humiliated? No, he wasn’t. 

That's as bad as you can get beaten in the NFL. Brown went completely the opposite direction. Even if the safety had helped out, it doesn't change the fact that Gilmore got abused on that particular play.

• Thank you (+1) 1