Stephon Gilmore seems to think covering new Bills WR Stefon Diggs will be 'light work'

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

I'm good, but, there's a difference between being upset and thinking it's stupid for people to claim he's soft, can't cover, it was the system, etc. Seems like some here are mad that he is a Superbowl Champ, Defensive player of the year and a Patriot. It's ok to admit we let a good one go. He's gone, put the pitchforks away. Save them for Ford, Star, Murphy, etc.

The weed doesn't seem to be helping. Need those opiates for that butt?

53 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Would that count great plays he made in the field, or on the base paths, or the protection he afforded other players in the lineup?

Not sure why you're arguing this point. All good baseball players have tons of bad games. For even the best class of hitters, it's a sport pretty much defined by probable failure. 

Edited by dave mcbride

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And the Cheaters have won SB's with UDFA CB's.

You mean Butler? The starting corners in that game were Revis and Browner. When the Patriots win they invariably have excellent corner play and pay for the privilege. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2020 at 6:27 AM, MJS said:

They definately were in Buffalo. Gilmore only cared about himself and wanted to stay healthy to get a big contract away from Buffalo, so he never wanted to get his hands dirty. Watkins is more soft in the mind. He has the physical tools but lacks the mental toughness.

Gilmore has gotten so cocky too

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

The weed doesn't seem to be helping. Need those opiates for that butt?

You wrote in a post to me about folks having fun here. I'm having as much fun as anyone here. You also mentioned in a post how no one is bringing up his 1st year in NE. Here's why, it's like showing ONE clip of Brown beating him and saying he sucks. You're bringing up 1 season out of his career, a season where NE went 13-3 and went to the Super Bowl.

Actually, this weed is pretty good. Never cared for opiates, down the toilet they went.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I got flamed for years on bbmb for calling Gilmore all pro quality

He was a stud while here and just gets away with more in NE

Thank God we got Tre

Gilmore is flagged more in NE in general than he was here, though it has always fluctuated on a yearly basis. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

And the Cheaters have won SB's with UDFA CB's.

How many of the UDFAs were Defensive Player of the Year?  How many times did they hold the top offense in the nfl to 3 points in the SB?

i mean if some of you can’t admit Gilmore is really good by now, y’all just some salty ex lovers. ?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

You mean Butler? The starting corners in that game were Revis and Browner. When the Patriots win they invariably have excellent corner play and pay for the privilege. 

They spent a 1st rounder on McCourty.  Some fans are trying really hard to put Gilmore down.  Your ex girlfriend got married to a guy who is better looking and has more money than you.  And she got a boob job, starting hitting the gym real hard, and now looks like a supermodel.  Just work on improving yourself. ?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

Which two players that were good for the Bills are you talking about?

95% of the stank left and now the Bills have made postseason 2-3 years without them.  Once the last stank on this team leaves, we will be in the SB.  Yes I'm talking about JH55.

Gilmore and Watkins were definitely holding this team back just like they are going to hold the Pats and Chiefs back from ever winning a SB..

And totally, the difference between this team being a one and done WC team and playing in the SB is Jerry Hughes. Dumping him would certainly make all the difference 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How many of the UDFAs were Defensive Player of the Year?  How many times did they hold the top offense in the nfl to 3 points in the SB?

i mean if some of you can’t admit Gilmore is really good by now, y’all just some salty ex lovers. ?

No one said he isn't a good CB.  But the Bills were right to let him walk and they replaced him with White.

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They spent a 1st rounder on McCourty.  Some fans are trying really hard to put Gilmore down.  Your ex girlfriend got married to a guy who is better looking and has more money than you.  And she got a boob job, starting hitting the gym real hard, and now looks like a supermodel.  Just work on improving yourself. ?

Lies!! My ex gf earns more money than me but her new fella doesn't :D

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No one said he isn't a good CB.  But the Bills were right to let him walk and they replaced him with White.

Tre is awesome.  But how can you say they were right?  One, they could have kept Gilmore and drafted White. Lockdown central.  They could have kept Gilmore and drafted Mahomes or Watson.

again, Tre is one of the best in the game.  But he’s still a cb.  You aren’t “right” if you let a DPOY walk for nothing and pass up 2 top 5 caliber qbs, one who has the chance to be one of best ever.  It’s worked out ok for us so far, but we were hardly “right.”

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Lies!! My ex gf earns more money than me but her new fella doesn't :D

I think that would hurt even more. ? and then she started watching the Bills when all she used to do is complain about you watching them (that’s my ex ?). ?

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

This reaction seems a bit contrived.   Just because he liked a comment from a fan doesn't mean his is disrespecting Diggs.  That is a bit of a stretch.

Diggs probably couldn’t care less haha.  Gilmore and him are probably friends. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tre is awesome.  But how can you say they were right?  One, they could have kept Gilmore and drafted White. Lockdown central.  They could have kept Gilmore and drafted Mahomes or Watson.

again, Tre is one of the best in the game.  But he’s still a cb.  You aren’t “right” if you let a DPOY walk for nothing and pass up 2 top 5 caliber qbs, one who has the chance to be one of best ever.  It’s worked out ok for us so far, but we were hardly “right.”

How can I say they were right?  Well for starters, the Bills made the playoffs the year after Gilmore left.  Second of all, Tre could have won DPOTY just as easily, and probably would have if he dressed for the Jets season-ender.  And the Bills have shown that they have no trouble identifying CBs.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Gilmore is flagged more in NE in general than he was here, though it has always fluctuated on a yearly basis. 

The only data I can find is from the 2016 and 2017 season. I'm Gilmores last season here he had 54 penalty yards compared to 83 in NE

But he was only flagged once for defensive holding. He was flagged 5 times with the Bills prior

Where alot of his yards were racked up looks like 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How can I say they were right?  Well for starters, the Bills made the playoffs the year after Gilmore left.  Second of all, Tre could have won DPOTY just as easily, and probably would have if he dressed for the Jets season-ender.  And the Bills have shown that they have no trouble identifying CBs.

Wow.  You’re working hard on this one.  

If the Bills have Mahomes and Gilmore, maybe they win the SB last year.  

also since the Bills are good at identifying cbs (which I agree with), maybe draft Mahomes/ Watson in the first and draft a cb later.