Stephon Gilmore seems to think covering new Bills WR Stefon Diggs will be 'light work'

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Really? It was like the most important play of the last decade when it happened

I know I saw the play in real time but don't remember it. Time is a blur at this point, lost plenty brain cells since that play.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I got flamed for years on bbmb for calling Gilmore all pro quality

He was a stud while here and just gets away with more in NE

Thank God we got Tre

Once NE becomes irrelevant, we'll see how many gift calls Gilmore gets down the road.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I like how the white knights that are trying to get in Gilmore's pants in this thread don't wanna talk about his first season with NE...

His first 6 games were bad he struggled to pick up the scheme. By the end of his first year then he was playing at an all pro level and has been ever since. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I got flamed for years on bbmb for calling Gilmore all pro quality

He was a stud while here and just gets away with more in NE

Thank God we got Tre

I got flamed here for the same. It is ironic that Bills fans on this message board spend most of their time over valuing and overrating our players. And yet when we did truly have a stud they hated on him because he didn't smile when he got drafted. 

Tre is the rare example of a player who is both genuinely a stud and liked by fans. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Dopey said:

Super Bowl Champ, Defensive Player of the Year. Typical pitchfork guy on TBD.

You're pretty upset by this, aren't you?

This is like your 3rd post in this thread, basically repeating the same thing.  

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He was *literally* voted the NFL defensive player of the year for 2019, and this after a great 2018 season and a phenomenal SB vs the Rams (forced fumble and key INT). Just stop, guys.

Did you think that he was the best defensive player in the NFL last season?

9 hours ago, Billl said:

I’m amazed that the Bills haven’t won 25 straight Super Bowls.  Every player on other teams sucks.  Even their all pros and guys with rings.  Gilmore sucks.  Sammy Watkins sucks.  Dak Prescott sucks.  Hell, I just learned yesterday that Mahomes isn’t a top 10 QB...

HA! Soft players get rings all the time. As others have pointed out, both were soft during their time here. These guys succeeding elsewhere doesn’t change that. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He was *literally* voted the NFL defensive player of the year for 2019, and this after a great 2018 season and a phenomenal SB vs the Rams (forced fumble and key INT). Just stop, guys.

I think more highly of Watkins than most here, but I’ll agree that it’s arguable. His postseason performances the last couple of years have played a big role in shaping my opinion.

Lighten up, McBride. We’re just having a little fun with an ex-Bill now playing with our most hated rival. Smoke SMOKED him on that play -as happens to every CB occasionally.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Personally I'd have said Aaron Donald but because he had won it the previous year and his production dipped from off the charts incredible to just elite I think the felt compelled to go elsewhere (though it ignores his production was still UP on 2017 when he won his first DPOTY award). 

If you were going to discount Donald though? Then yea, I thought Gilmore was the best defensive player in the league. He was a huge part of the reason the Patriots defense was so good. 

22 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The hate here for two very good NFL players Who happened to also be good players for the Bills is freaking hilarious. Jeezus.

Which two players that were good for the Bills are you talking about?

95% of the stank left and now the Bills have made postseason 2-3 years without them.  Once the last stank on this team leaves, we will be in the SB.  Yes I'm talking about JH55.

Edited by KW95 - JA17

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Gilmore is going with his standard line: “That was somebody else’s guy. I’m not pointing fingers, I’m just going to stare at somebody.”

I’m not buying it. 

Or, The ‘Gilmore Glance’, turn around after getting burned and look at the Jumbotron to make it appear it was someone’s else’s fault.

He is a good player but he is not someone I miss For one minute. If things go as expected and NE is a dumpster fire next year, Gilmores personality will show more. 

21 hours ago, FluffHead said:

If you look at the tweet, Gilmore didn’t even tweet it. He just “liked” someone else’s tweet that did. 

this is manufactured and a non story 

Umm, the story isn't "manufactured" at all...it happened.  Have you been on Twitter?  Nobody forces you to click "like" on a tweet -- it's a conscious decision.  Gilmore should know better.

Now, in the big scheme of things I don't know if this motivates a guy like Diggs or not -- but it was a slight, no matter how you look at it.

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh good a hate on Gilmore thread. We haven't had one of these in at least a week. 

Glimore played plenty well here. The hate he got because he didn't smile more was pathetic and petty at the time and even more so now. 

The hate had more to do with him dodging tackles near the end of his time here.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I do. He tailed off in the last 2-3 games back to normal, but in the first 13, he was as lockdown as lockdown can get. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I'm good, but, there's a difference between being upset and thinking it's stupid for people to claim he's soft, can't cover, it was the system, etc. Seems like some here are mad that he is a Superbowl Champ, Defensive player of the year and a Patriot. It's ok to admit we let a good one go. He's gone, put the pitchforks away. Save them for Ford, Star, Murphy, etc.

56 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I do. He tailed off in the last 2-3 games back to normal, but in the first 13, he was as lockdown as lockdown can get. 

When the season consists of 16 games, tailing off for 2-3 games is a pretty big deal (one of which cost the Pats a bye).  That's like saying that Mike Trout was the best player in MLB, save 30 or so games.

6 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

When the season consists of 16 games, tailing off for 2-3 games is a pretty big deal (one of which cost the Pats a bye).  That's like saying that Mike Trout was the best player in MLB, save 30 or so games.

Mike Trout had more than 30 statistically terrible games in each of the last five seasons. No player is perfect every game.  

10 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

HA! Soft players get rings all the time. As others have pointed out, both were soft during their time here. These guys succeeding elsewhere doesn’t change that. 

And the Cheaters have won SB's with UDFA CB's.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Mike Trout had more than 30 statistically terrible games in each of the last five seasons. No player is perfect every game.  

Would that count great plays he made in the field, or on the base paths, or the protection he afforded other players in the lineup?

2 hours ago, eball said:

Umm, the story isn't "manufactured" at all...it happened.  Have you been on Twitter?  Nobody forces you to click "like" on a tweet -- it's a conscious decision.  Gilmore should know better.

Now, in the big scheme of things I don't know if this motivates a guy like Diggs or not -- but it was a slight, no matter how you look at it.

I like a lot of things on Twitter I would not write myself.  It’s reaching.