Stephon Gilmore seems to think covering new Bills WR Stefon Diggs will be 'light work'

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I remember on BBMB that Gilmore was Bills fans favorite whipping boy.

Gilmore was EASILY the most hated Bills during his time period with the Bills.

And that makes no sense to me.  Yeah, a bunch of people love that heartless coward Kyle Orton who sucked and was a kitty cat.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And that makes no sense to me.  Yeah, a bunch of people love that heartless coward Kyle Orton who sucked and was a kitty cat.  

They do?  That's news to everyone.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I personally did not hate Gilmore as a Bill and knew he was a good player, but I think it's clear he didn't try his hardest. And that's what fans didn't like.

As for Orton, I don't get it myself. He had one or two good games and then was terrible like every other Bills QB during the drought.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billrooter said:

It is still shocking to me that he was defensive mvp, did the system and other players in NE really coverup all his flaws or has he really gotten that much better? A lot of people on here claim that he was a scapegoat here and he played great, IMO that is a steaming pile of misinformation from a blind person. The guy got beat a lot and was a puss for a guy that when we drafted him was considered big and physical, I have never seen The White a corner with a much smaller frame than him shy away from contact like Gilmore did while he was here. Dopey is a good name, posting pictures of your crush on a Bills board like the ones above you should ashamed as should all the other guys on here calling Brady the GOAT and hugging his nuts on here, should be sacrilegious.

I'm going with Bill Bellichek knew how to use him better than Rex. Yet he made the pro bowl under Rex. Crazy, I know. People want to say it was "the system", maybe he helped make "the system" work. Crazy, I know. 

Brady is the GOAT, what's wrong with you?

Dopey is not a good name, it's a GREAT name.

You forgot to post what type of panties you're wearing.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

That play was about as bad as CB can get beat.  Funny how so many NE fans said he was supposed to have safety help as an excuse.  He just got beat

In all honesty Gilmore got shook, and then Smoke also beat the safety, so it was a two-

fer.  That said, Gilmore is damn good and he was good with the Bills too.  Diggs route running is next level though.  I look forward to that battle.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I personally did not hate Gilmore as a Bill and knew he was a good player, but I think it's clear he didn't try his hardest. And that's what fans didn't like.

As for Orton, I don't get it myself. He had one or two good games and then was terrible like every other Bills QB during the drought.

I don't know of anyone who loves Orton after turtling in that game and then quitting at the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

They do?  That's news to everyone.

Orton got hated on way less than Gilmore without a doubt.  There were some fans who even liked him.  It was weird.  

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I don't know of anyone who loves Orton after turtling in that game and then quitting at the end of the season.

I believe there was a thread where some fans were devastated he wasn’t coming back.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Orton got hated on way less than Gilmore without a doubt.  There were some fans who even liked him.  It was weird.  

I believe there was a thread where some fans were devastated he wasn’t coming back.

There was also a thread about adding Orton to the Bills wall of fame.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Super Bowl champ lacks the mental toughness.?

He won the Super Bowl! In his egotism probably. Why do people think ones mere presence on a Super Bowl team makes a player great. Both these guys were very talented players that I don't miss at all. Gave  up way to much for Watkins. Not his fault. Gilmore good but overrated.

Edited by Radar

26 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Ha but he did get beat twice a year by Chris Hogan!  You didn’t argue that!

I was there in person in Week 2 of the 2016 season.  Yes, Gilmore Did repeatedly get beat by Brandon Marshall and might have gotten beat by Quincy Enunwa too.  I can find the footage if you’d like.  Fitzpatrick carved Gilmore and Darby up repeatedly and that was when I think the “overrated” talk ramped up.

I’m not doubting that the system didn’t have an effect on his play - but I’m saying he wasn’t as good in 15 or 16 by any metric.  That’s when fans started to turn on him.  It happened before he signed with NE 

It should have been Rex and Rob that they turned on.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fans liked Orton because he wasn’t the human disaster EJ Manuel. 

9 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm going with Bill Bellichek knew how to use him better than Rex. Yet he made the pro bowl under Rex. Crazy, I know. People want to say it was "the system", maybe he helped make "the system" work. Crazy, I know. 

Brady is the GOAT, what's wrong with you?

Dopey is not a good name, it's a GREAT name.

You forgot to post what type of panties you're wearing.

Dopey come on panties? First up that would never be said to my face. I have to admit it was a question as I guess I haven't watched the Patriots as much as you have? Dopey were you watching the nfl before everything became flagged in offenses favor? The game today is so much different for NFL quarterbacks, with the basically no contact on the quarterback to not touching the receiver. The game has changed so much and hugging f Tom Brady even gets farted on, here's the flag. The guy is definitely a great Qb as much as it pains me to say it, but Qb's of previous eras were playing a much in a much tougher time to play the position. When was the last time you even seen Brady take a good lick, it happens but far and away way less than pre 2000s? The part I don't understand is a lot of people in this thread and previous threads seem like closet Patriots fans, Dopey do you have a Tom Brady jersey in your closet?

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Bills didn't invest anything in Orton, he played on the team for 3/4 of a/the season and he was better than EJ.  But when he turtled in that game and then quit after the season, he was back to being a loser.

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

There was also a thread about adding Orton to the Bills wall of fame.

I saw that thread.  Never clicked on it because I figured it had to be a joke.

48 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Gilmore always played below expectations in the first half of his seasons with the Bills only to be very good in the second half of those seasons.s

Hence the "not living up to expectations" part.

@C.Biscuit97 Is the only one that such such greatness.  He knows all

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well it’s the same logic used here all the time with FAs that went else where. “The team sucked with him here”.  As if that means the player sucks. 

I don’t think them winning the super bowl makes them great players. Their performance on the field does. More so in Gilmores case. Watkins has had flashes just inconsistent, but you can argue Chiefs don’t win Super bowl without him. 

You can make just as convincing of an argument that the game was won by Patrick Mahomes and not individual receivers.  If Sammy wasn’t on the field I still feel he would have found a way 

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re quite the crusty Crispy. Cabin fever? -or are you always this delightful?

Not trying to be an ass...it’s an honest question...I read the title and then the OP and couldn’t see where they had anything to do with each other...??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

Both are soft

I’m amazed that the Bills haven’t won 25 straight Super Bowls.  Every player on other teams sucks.  Even their all pros and guys with rings.  Gilmore sucks.  Sammy Watkins sucks.  Dak Prescott sucks.  Hell, I just learned yesterday that Mahomes isn’t a top 10 QB...

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The hate here for two very good NFL players Who happened to also be good players for the Bills is freaking hilarious. Jeezus.

And posts like this are equally just as hilarious. Differing opinions of players, teams. It's what's done here.

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

I'm gonna treat this thread as a test to see how sensitive folks are here. Gilmore liked a tweet that someone else put out there about a player who has yet to play a down for us and some panties are bunched up already. Wondering how many pages this garners. My guess is 15.

Edit: If anyone replies to this like it's personal to them, please include whether you wear t-backs, thongs, etc.

This is good. :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

It should have been Rex and Rob that they turned on.

Oh they did!  Were you not here in 2016?

18 minutes ago, Billl said:

I’m amazed that the Bills haven’t won 25 straight Super Bowls.  Every player on other teams sucks.  Even their all pros and guys with rings.  Gilmore sucks.  Sammy Watkins sucks.  Dak Prescott sucks.  Hell, I just learned yesterday that Mahomes isn’t a top 10 QB...

There is an element of this in the fan base for sure.  BUT... there’s also some MAJOR hindsight as well.  

So...nether argument is really perfect.  I guess that what makes sports fun