Stephon Gilmore seems to think covering new Bills WR Stefon Diggs will be 'light work'

10 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I have said it before. F Gilmore. Since day one when he was drafted he had that I smell a fart look on his face. Played soft when he was a Bill. Shoulder tackling instead of wrapping up. He's a perfect Patriot. Douche!

image.jpeg.a50e303603767732deda4e3ebc3e8e07.jpeg

To be fair I thought he was great in Buffalo in 2014.  Not quite as good as he’s been in the NE defense, but still a very good corner.  The next two seasons were garbage.

It was surprising how badly Gilmore was beaten by slightly above average to sub-average WR’s that year.  Chris Hogan owned him.  So did Brandon Marshall.  What annoyed me even worse that our “lock down” corner getting beat but how be blamed his teammates for getting beat.  This happened a few times in NE too.  Not a Gilmore fan

4 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

There’s still people getting fired up over missed kicks from 30 years ago.

Godspeed on this here doozy!

Sorry we all can’t be as cool as @4_kidd_4

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

To be fair I thought he was great in Buffalo in 2014.  Not quite as good as he’s been in the NE defense, but still a very good corner.  The next two seasons were garbage.

It was surprising how badly Gilmore was beaten by slightly above average to sub-average WR’s that year.  Chris Hogan owned him.  So did Brandon Marshall.  What annoyed me even worse that our “lock down” corner getting beat but how be blamed his teammates for getting beat.  This happened a few times in NE too.  Not a Gilmore fan

Those 2 years coincided with the arrival of Rex. Ole Sexy Rexy took care of that. Our whole defense suffered. No one seemed to know what they were supposed to do under Rex and Rob.

The Bills made the correct decision to let him walk and they replaced him with a guy far better suited to be in Buffalo and who actually made All-Pro without being allowed to clutch and grab like he's allowed to do in Cheaterland.  And rumor is the Cheaters are shopping him for a 1st rounder.

• Like (+1) 5

I cannot understand the constant hatred Gilmore gets here. Am I happy he signed with the evil empire and has been getting all sorts of attention he never got for us? No, of course not. But to act like he didn’t do good things for us or isn’t one of the top corners in the league is crazy talk. Every corner gets beat. Even our boy Tre, who we all love. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

OffensiveMadAmericanindianhorse-max-1mb.

Gilmore's just mad because he's still having to ice those ankles as well as.his taint...

That just made my day. I think Gilmore is freak athlete,  but if JA gets its together this summer. JB and Diggs are headed for a great year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Even if that’s true (which I don’t believe it is) they don’t even have a quarterback so who cares what he says. 

Ya but did you see the guy who posted the pic of two pieces of French toast? Because when corners get burnt, they’re referred to as French toast.

its a thing.

18 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Those 2 years coincided with the arrival of Rex. Ole Sexy Rexy took care of that. Our whole defense suffered. No one seemed to know what they were supposed to do under Rex and Rob.

True...but that doesn’t explain why he did the SAME thing in NE his first season.  I think it’s his attitude

27 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He can't cover Brown. Talk smack all you want SG just wait until Brown, Diggs and Beasley are on the field.  

GOOD luck with that....

But he wasn't even talking smack. I'm guessing T-backs.

Bill Belichick voicemail to Stephon Gilmore:  "Hey, Steph, it's Bill.  I'd like to remind you that WE DON'T HAVE A ***** QUARTERBACK, and kindly ask that you shut the ***** up.  Thanks and be well."

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I cannot understand the constant hatred Gilmore gets here. Am I happy he signed with the evil empire and has been getting all sorts of attention he never got for us? No, of course not. But to act like he didn’t do good things for us or isn’t one of the top corners in the league is crazy talk. Every corner gets beat. Even our boy Tre, who we all love. 

It’s how he carries himself and the fact that he rarely ever has any good words about his time in Buffalo.  He comes off as very smug in interviews - almost Belichickian 

Like I said before, after a strong 2014 season he talked a lot about being a top CB but then he plays like trash in 2015 and gets PWNED by the likes of Brandon Marshall and Chris Hogan.   It left a lot people thinking he was all talk and overrated.

Then there’s New England.

He’s probably one of mine least favorite players in the NFL.  Though I do recognize that he’s been among the best at his position the past few years.  Though I do think he has made the most out of the New England system

Edited by Phil The Thrill

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

I'm gonna treat this thread as a test to see how sensitive folks are here. Gilmore liked a tweet that someone else put out there about a player who has yet to play a down for us and some panties are bunched up already. Wondering how many pages this garners. My guess is 15.

Edit: If anyone replies to this like it's personal to them, please include whether you wear t-backs, thongs, etc.

Welp, looks you and @Bangarang win the sensitive readers contest, Hands Down! Congrats! Here’s your participation trophy.

FEBDB051-0998-4641-BC8F-B6C9C535B915.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It’s how he carries himself and the fact that he rarely ever has any good words about his time in Buffalo.  He comes off as very smug in interviews - almost Belichickian 

Like I said before, after a strong 2014 season he talked a lot about being a top CB but then he plays like trash in 2015 and gets PWNED by the likes of Brandon Marshall and Chris Hogan.  

Then there’s New England

Fair, but the guy just isn’t super animated. He’s always been that way. He’s always said he was thankful to the Bills for drafting him. I’ve never heard him seem excited about anything. Here or in New England. Of course it’s more fun when a guy has a personality like Tre, but I’m not going to hold the guy’s personality/demeanor against him.

Based on the constant ineptitude the Bills organization showed while he was here, especially how it ended with that buffoon Rex, he has every right not to be singing our praises. Shoot, even we’ve all felt like the Bills have been a joke for a while. Up until this latest regime. It’s unfair to hold him to a different standard. 

Now...with all that said, I absolutely loved when John Brown lit him up on that one play in NE last year. Was it a huge play? Absolutely. But it was just one play. Guy is still a good corner. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

No but there are many giving him a pass saying “he wasn’t humiliated.”  Dude it was pretty bad coverage

He got beat. It happens. Not sure why some crotchety Bills fans want to try and crap all over SG as if he’s not a great player. 

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Welp, looks you and @Bangarang win the sensitive readers contest, Hands Down! Congrats! Here’s your participation trophy.

FEBDB051-0998-4641-BC8F-B6C9C535B915.jpeg

I'm a Bills fan who's not butt hurt by Gilmore liking a tweet. It looks like only a few realize Gilmore didn't tweet this out. He simply liked it. It's not like he said he's better that White or something.

I'm wearing thongs, by the way.

• Haha (+1) 3

The best way to get Gilmore off his game is to make him come up and play the run early and often.  He does not like heavy contact and has a tendency to back off after taking some hits.  He did this in Buffalo and he has done it at times in NE.  He is a good player but has shown that he can be beat.  I can't wait to see real game action with Gilmore and Diggs on the field.