Teams have downgraded Tua for poor combine meetings

Poor board work for a QB certainly isn’t a good sign, maybe he’s not so bright? Even so NFL teams almost always over reach at the QB positions in the draft, so he will be set for life financially very soon. 
Kinda jealous about that... ?

Edited by Don Otreply

The same thing was said about Kyler Murray leading up to the 2019 draft.  It didn't seem to hurt his draft status, nor did he crash and burn in his rookie season.  With the need that teams always have at QB, and the inevitable yearning to find the next great one, someone will overlook the alleged poor interviews.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Tua-Tagovailoa-Miami-Dolphins-2020-NFL-Draft-rumors-145682929/Amp/ 

Wonder how far he’s gonna fall in the draft also including his injury history. Although gut feeling says Miami is still taking him despite all the reports

Here's a hypothetical if he falls all the way to 54 should the Bills take a flier on him ? If of nothing else maybe future draft capital ...

38 minutes ago, DJB said:

I find that hard to believe. Everyone raves about the kid. 

If anything the narrative that he played for a stacked Alabama team is more significant 

I’m a huge Bama fan having had one son and two nephews go there. It wasn’t just the stacked team, this kid MADE plays. He was impressive throughout his career having only a couple of poor games. 

He’s a special player, in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

wonder what they consider a bad interview.

COACH: What's your greatest weakness?

TUA: Hmm, good question.  I'd have to say that sometimes I am too honest.

COACH: I don't think that's a weakness.

TUA: I don't give a damn what you think.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Unless the rumors about Washington wanting him are true. I know he’s said he doesn’t want to play for Detroit but then again who would ? Lol

I live in the DC/MD metro area where there was a lot of reporting on the qb issue. Washington is going to take Chase Young, the highest rated player in the draft. The rumors that they were interested in Tua were a smokescreen to see what potential offers were on the market. The reality is that topic was mostly sports talk show fodder. Recently, the Skins traded with Carolina to get qb Kyle Allen. Their hope is that Haskins will be pushed more with some competition for the position and if need be provide an option if he can't measure up or isn't ready yet. So far in the offseason on his own initiative (outside of team facilities) he has put in the work.   

59 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’m a huge Bama fan having had one son and two nephews go there. It wasn’t just the stacked team, this kid MADE plays. He was impressive throughout his career having only a couple of poor games. 

He’s a special player, in my opinion. 

@Bill from NYC is a devoted Bama football fan who has a reservoir of knowledge about the program and its players. An indication of his toughness is that he has a pronounced Bama drawl while living in Gotham City (NYC). ? Although he is an avid fan of the Crimson Tide with admitted biases he is an objective evaluator of their players and pro prospects. He has an unparalleled record in accurately predicting  their chances for success in the pro game. NYC Bill has steadfastly stated that Tua is going to be a special player in the pros. I very often disagree with personable Bill on many football issues. When it comes to evaluating Bama players I jump on his back and ride with him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believe it.  First off, not since Starr, Namath, and Stabler (60s and 70s), Alabama QBs have not had success in the NFL.  First, this Tua kid, along with most other Alabama QBs, play with surrounding talent that most often far surpasses their opponents, second his throwing motion is elongated and slow compared to other QBs (which he could get away with at the college level), and lastly his injury history.  Maybe this kid will be the one Alabama QB to break the drought, but I could see him sliding.  

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes. He won't last past 6. If Miami doesn't take him the Chargers will. 

I don't see the Phins bypassing Tua if he is there when their turn comes up to pick. Although I don't think it is going to happen I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in some picks to Detroit to move up to the three spot in order to ensure that no team jumps the line to get him. The more interesting qb for me is how soon will Herbert (maybe Chargers??) and Utah's Love go? 

I would be interested in your thoughts on Herbert? I have watched him a few times. There are times when he is scintillating and make wow plays, and then their are times when this man with impressive tools vanishes for large stretches of the game. 

Edited by JohnC

IMO, this is te Dolphins trying time convince other teams into not moving up to get him. That way they can stay put at 5 and get him themselves without using any of their other picks to move up for him. It’s actually pretty genius on the Dolphins’ part. 

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't see the Phins bypassing Tua if he is there when their turn comes up to pick. Although I don't think it is going to happen I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in some picks to Detroit to move up to the three spot in order to ensure that no team jumps the line to get him. The more interesting qb for me is how soon will Herbert (maybe Chargers??) and Utah's Love go? 

I would be interested in your thoughts on Herbert? I have watched him a few times. There are times when he is scintillating and make wow plays, and then their are times when this man with impressive tools vanishes for large stretches of the game. 

I don't see any truly elite traits in Herbert. I actually have Love a little higher but I would be leery about either in round 1 and especially in the top 10.  

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see any truly elite traits in Herbert. I actually have Love a little higher but I would be leery about either in round 1 and especially in the top 10.  

When I watch Herbert I see a player with impressive physical traits that don't necessarily reflected in his performances. 

Edited by JohnC