Teams have downgraded Tua for poor combine meetings

1 hour ago, T master said:

Here's a hypothetical if he falls all the way to 54 should the Bills take a flier on him ? If of nothing else maybe future draft capital ...

Hell no - this isn’t Madden.  You have to take into account the human element.  The Bills drafted Josh Allen and are publicly and privately telling him that he’s the player they are building the offense around.  He’s busting his ass to make it possible.

Then you draft another QB high in the draft.  

That’s going to probably effect his confidence and has to potential to spilt the lockeroom after a bad game.  

It will never happen.  Next year...maybe.  Not this year

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2020 at 3:49 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

wonder what they consider a bad interview.

Good question.  I remember reading something about this a few years ago.  I think they discuss diagrammed plays and question players about the appropriate reads and adjustments to determine their knowledge of the game.  They also ask things to try to determine personality traits and patterns of behavior.  They are also looking to determine the ability to learn quickly and to communicate effectively.  In general, they are trying to make sure the guy is not a box of rocks and/or a pain in the rear end.

Edited by Florida Bills Fanatic
typo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I personally have no trouble believing that the Dolphins prefer Herbert and the  Chargers prefer Love.

If that proves to be the case, how far does Tua fall? Could Indy or Pittsburgh, for instance, each with old QBs, pass on such a prospect? Is the universe cruel enough to let Tua become a Patriot?! He would be a perfect Drew Brees understudy, if the Saints want to get crafty.

Can’t wIt for draft day!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just keep in mind that Mel Kiper thought Blaine Gabbert was a better QB prospect than Cam Newton and that Jimmy Clausen was going to succeed in the NFL.

He also loved Josh Allen and had him his #1 QB. He took a lot of heat for that but I hope he got that one right.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Logic said:

I personally have no trouble believing that the Dolphins prefer Herbert and the  Chargers prefer Love.

If that proves to be the case, how far does Tua fall? Could Indy or Pittsburgh, for instance, each with old QBs, pass on such a prospect? Is the universe cruel enough to let Tua become a Patriot?! He would be a perfect Drew Brees understudy, if the Saints want to get crafty.

Can’t wIt for draft day!

I would say Jacksonville or Las VEGAS Raiders would be landing spots before your grouping. I'd say if he gets past the Chargers some team trades up in to the top 10 to get him. I will puke if Pats go from 23 to 9 to get him.

• Like (+1) 1

"Bad Interview" means he had problems breaking down coverages on the white board. Some guys ace it, others struggle. Peterman was said to have done extremely well, and we know how that turned out, but it really can be a big deal. I'd love to have seen Tua sit down with Gruden on the show he used to have. 

I have been bothered by the fact that TT couldn't unseat Jalen Hurts from the Qb job during the year TT came in a rescued bama in the championship game.  Something didn't click....that was the year Daboll was the OC btw.....and I am guessing Daboll has some insight.  (but he is not on this board)

Its the hype train that has made Tua such a high potential pick.  Watch the championship game from 2018.  Clemson v Alabama.  Tua was lousy.  Alabama has an amazing program.  Just about everyone who goes there is a 5 star.  My son played with Xavier McKinney in high school on a very good team in the suburbs of Atlanta.  They played in the state championship for 7A schools in 2015 and 2016.  They were loaded.  15 players from my son's team went to D1 schools including my son at DE.  McKinney was very good.  He chose Alabama over Ohio State.  He has had a very good career at Alabama.  But he is not the second coming of Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed.  But he is predicted to go somewhere in the bottom half of the 1st round.  My point is that many Alabama players are overhyped coming out of college because the program run by Saban.  They recruit a lot of good players.  But because they come from Alabama they are overdrafted.  

Not saying Tua will suck in the pros.  But the guy maybe 6 feet at best and has played behind a great O line, and an amazing group of receivers.  Whose to say he is any better then Jake Frohm coming out of Georgia who is a gamer to say the least?  Just some thoughts from someone who watches a pretty good bit of SEC football living in the heart of Dixie.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

He will be fine.  I'm sure this was leaked on purpose by teams hoping to draft him.

Even if it was, it won’t matter. If Miami interviews him and has no issues, and then the Chargers leak  this, it’s not like Miami is going to throw out their evaluation and not take him. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even if it was, it won’t matter. If Miami interviews him and has no issues, and then the Chargers leak  this, it’s not like Miami is going to throw out their evaluation and not take him. 

Yo,  I would prefer not to face this guy twice a year.

With that being said better Miami then BB and the Patriots.

Good grief...

(Tua is fun to watch) 

10 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Good question lol. maybe he didn’t have the answers to all their questions . I’ve heard he’s got an attitude

He's supposedly a very humble God fearing young man. Idk where the attitude thing comes from

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Its the hype train that has made Tua such a high potential pick.  Watch the championship game from 2018.  Clemson v Alabama.  Tua was lousy.  Alabama has an amazing program.  Just about everyone who goes there is a 5 star.  My son played with Xavier McKinney in high school on a very good team in the suburbs of Atlanta.  They played in the state championship for 7A schools in 2015 and 2016.  They were loaded.  15 players from my son's team went to D1 schools including my son at DE.  McKinney was very good.  He chose Alabama over Ohio State.  He has had a very good career at Alabama.  But he is not the second coming of Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed.  But he is predicted to go somewhere in the bottom half of the 1st round.  My point is that many Alabama players are overhyped coming out of college because the program run by Saban.  They recruit a lot of good players.  But because they come from Alabama they are overdrafted.  

Not saying Tua will suck in the pros.  But the guy maybe 6 feet at best and has played behind a great O line, and an amazing group of receivers.  Whose to say he is any better then Jake Frohm coming out of Georgia who is a gamer to say the least?  Just some thoughts from someone who watches a pretty good bit of SEC football living in the heart of Dixie.  

He has a much better arm, quicker release than Fromm, great intangibles, better athlete

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I have been bothered by the fact that TT couldn't unseat Jalen Hurts from the Qb job during the year TT came in a rescued bama in the championship game.  Something didn't click....that was the year Daboll was the OC btw.....and I am guessing Daboll has some insight.  (but he is not on this board)

TT was a true Freshman, and hurts was coming off leading the tide to a Big season. Saban isn't known to give jobs away and Daboll was supposedly pushing for Tua all year

For what it's worth I saw a still HS Tua play in Bamas spring game that year and he absolutely balled and was even 5x the QB of hurts then

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

that’s the idea of the smokescreen, to get him pushed down some. The poor interview leak probably came from the Chargers in the hopes that he would get to them. 

Doesn't make sense because the Dolphins would have done their own interview with him and wouldn't just be taking the Chargers' word for it.  Would make more sense for them to play up his injury history or something. 

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Chargers want him and the league wants him to get there. Definitely a smokescreen. 

What vested interest does the league have in giving a team like the Chargers Tua? Seems awfully presumptuous, especially without knowing what teams rank anyone where.