RIP Tom Dempsey

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

RIP Tom. 

Many forget he played for the Bills. Outside of wide right, might have had the biggest miss in Bills history. 

79 Opener against the Dolphins. 

I was there, in the pouring rain!

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

RIP Tom. 

Many forget he played for the Bills. Outside of wide right, might have had the biggest miss in Bills history. 

79 Opener against the Dolphins. 

Biggest miss in Bills history?  C'mon plenzmd 1!!  Super Bowl 25?  :)

RIP Tom Dempsey....his record for longest field goal stood for 41 years...that is pretty impressive.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

Biggest miss in Bills history?  C'mon plenzmd 1!!  Super Bowl 25?  :)

RIP Tom Dempsey....his record for longest field goal stood for 41 years...that is pretty impressive.

He did say, "Outside of wide right, might have had the biggest miss in Bills history" . . . I'm trying to think of any epic regular season misses?

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

He did say, "Outside of wide right, might have had the biggest miss in Bills history" . . . I'm trying to think of any epic regular season misses?

Sorry.. you are right...my eyes are getting bad....didn't read that correct.  My apologies plenzmid!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m so sorry and 72 is too young to pass, but if he had dementia, that is such a tough disease.  If he really was battling this terrible disease, he most likely would have been relatively sequestered so maybe a caregiver gave him the Covid-19.  It doesn’t really matter.  He was a symbol for people with physical challenges only having half a foot and missing one hand and carried the NFL record for 28 years.  

My prayers goes out to his family.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m so sorry and 72 is too young to pass, but if he had dementia, that is such a tough disease.  If he really was battling this terrible disease, he most likely would have been relatively sequestered so maybe a caregiver gave him the Covid-19.  It doesn’t really matter.  He was a symbol for people with physical challenges only having half a foot and missing one hand and carried the NFL record for 28 years.  

My prayers goes out to his family.

It is incredibly sad to see someone go through any life-debilitating disease, but dementia is among the worst. Well, I guess they are all aweful.

Stay safe Bills Mafia. Boy, do we all hope our President is right on his prediction yesterday. If we can gather again at Two Bills Drive in September, there will be so much to celebrate, way beyond football.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Count me among those who forgot, hard for me to believe that I would forget it.

My first visit to the HOF in the 70s or 80s, there was a display where you could hear the radio play by play of his legendary 63 yard FG.  I got goose bumps just listening to it.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Quite possibly the coldest I have ever been at a game. 

It was my first game at the then Rich Stadium.

My coldest game was the Bills/Jets in ‘96.  Despite my traveling from California and my brother from Texas, we left after the 3rd Qtr. Concessions were out of hot chocolate in the 1st Qtr.