Forget Barkley, Alex Smith would be a perfect fit for Buffalo.

I said in somebody’s post that there is somebody out there that nobody is talking about and then it just hit me about Alex Smith. It’s a perfect scenario for both parties, Buffalo and Smith. Don’t forget about the Andy Reid connection. McDermott likes to move in the same mode as old Andy. There’s only  2 things to know more about with Smith. 

a.) Where is Smith at in his rehabilitation.

b.) Does Smith still want to play.

If memory serves me correctly both counts are moving in a positive way, he’s doing good in his rehabilitation and that he still wants to play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tipster19 said:

No.

Why not Mahomes?    :)

I kid, he’s a better backup, but what would he cost and is he going to be healthy after a gruesome injury? 

I don’t see it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Redskins have no incentive to release him. his 2020 salary was originally guaranteed for injury and became guaranteed anyway on 3/17/19 since he was not released. he is only going to be released in 2021. so this topic is moot even if Smith is miraculously playing competitive football. 

i don’t know if OP is thinking of a trade .. but he will count as 16 mill against the cap and we don’t have that kinda cap space for a backup wb.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

you thought wrong. I’m sensing a pattern.

Cool man, just hadn’t heard about him for quite sometime. And the last time I heard about him, he was contemplating retirement, so excuse me

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

Flacco looked pretty bad. Not sure he'd be an upgrade over Barkley.

Also Flacco got cut from Denver cause he didn’t pass his physical.

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I like it...he is a vet and a proven winner...could probably help Josh more than Barkley....

How? 

We've seen the positive effect of Barkleyon Allen. What evidence is their Smith would be better? 

2 hours ago, below said:

How about Flacco, who is an actual FA?

Barkley is better. 

Here are a couple potential options:

Trevor Siemian

Mike Glennon

Blake Bortles

...Not the best options, but all of them have won games in this league. Bortles would be interesting. He has a lot of starting experience and he is fairly mobile. He has playoff experience.