POTUS to Goodell: believes NFL season should start on time

37 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you realize that this country consists of 50 states who are all individually responsible for the implementation of their health policies? Realizing that we are intertwined of course the federal government has a responsibility to provide guidance but the feds cannot order certain states to follow a specific policy. 

Thank you! The lines have become so blurred that I think many in this country believe the federal government has ultimate power within our borders. It doesn’t! That power and authority is reserved for the s States. The federal government has that authority over foreign, not domestic, affairs. Unless everyone wants to see tanks on our streets you all better pray it stays that way! It’s in times like these that weak minded people have historically given over control to a centralized power structure...never to get it back! 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

In the case of some Bills games....the answer is probably “yes”. ? By the way Q, if you don’t want to be around humans the rest of your miserable life by all means please stay home. Nobody will miss you. The rest of the world is going to go back to living!

Nobody said forever *****tard. Sorry you didn’t prepare financially for something like this. Good luck loser! 

8 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Nobody said forever *****tard. Sorry you didn’t prepare financially for something like this. Good luck loser! 

It's better you are here spitting venom than at some grocery store spitting on vegetables.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, shoshin said:

They may play but they won’t be playing in capacity stadiums. 

I’d imagine they have a gameplan that includes such a scenario. That scenario will probably be dictated locally and there may be a great deal of difference from locality to locality in what’s allowable. The NFL, however doesn’t rely on a live crowd for much of its revenue. The main goal will be to have live programming for network TV consumption . A crowded stadium would be ideal, but it’s a peripheral enhancement and not required. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Only if there is a vaccine or some sort of a cure 

The NFL doesn’t need that to play games. They need testing of players / coaches etc but not a vaccine. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Fair take, and I appreciate your opinion and the discourse. Don’t take this the wrong way, but even if I’m wrong as you say (which clearly we have a different opinion about and that’s ok), doesn’t the buck stop with the top guy in charge? Anything that happens good, bad, or indifferent during his presidency is his to own.

Thanks for a reasoned dialogue. A true breath of fresh air! We actually agree. The buck stops with Trump, but only at the federal level. (He is not the boss of the governors.) I’ve seen him take some VERY decisive actions. We all have. Unfortunately for NY City, the virus was already deep into the blood stream before Dr Fauci and the experts changed their opinion and advise. Just like it hitched a ride on Chinese airplanes, it then spread thorough out NYC via the subway system. (Again, before they knew it.) The deal was sealed way back then...over a month ago. What we’re witnessing now is nothing more than the inevitable deathly result of that original bad advise. 

1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

Morning Q! I’m guessing I’m more financially prepared than you’ll ever dream of being. But thanks for your concern. And once again feel free to stay home as long as you’re comfortable doing so. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for a reasoned dialogue. A true breath of fresh air! We actually agree. The buck stops with Trump, but only at the federal level. (He is not the boss of the governors.) I’ve seen him take some VERY decisive actions. We all have. Unfortunately for NY City, the virus was already deep into the blood stream before Dr Fauci and the experts changed their opinion and advise. Just like it hitched a ride on Chinese airplanes, it then spread thorough out NYC via the subway system. (Again, before they knew it.) The deal was sealed way back then...over a month ago. What we’re witnessing now is nothing more than the inevitable deathly result of that original bad advise. 

Again, another fair and reasoned take. There are some steps he’s taken that I agree with even if I wish he’d taken them sooner (e.g., shutting down travel with China and Italy and the Defense Production Act). States absolutely bear responsibility and have an obligation to act appropriately on behalf of its citizens, so no argument from me there either. As you said, in a lot of ways we were already starting at a significant disadvantage in light of China’s information suppression.

As unfortunate as crises are, that’s usually when you see America at its best - when we are all joined in a common goal and working together to accomplish it. I just want to see everyone put down their political party swords and work together. I think a lot of that could’ve started earlier and been better coordinated at the federal level. But again, that’s just my opinion. 

Look, I definitely came out hot in this thread. Some of it coming from the frustration of “no end in sight”. Even in disagreement, I do respect other message board member opinions. I sure as hell don’t have all the answers, and I have no real beef with any of my fellow Bills brethren. 

37 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Again, another fair and reasoned take. There are some steps he’s taken that I agree with even if I wish he’d taken them sooner (e.g., shutting down travel with China and Italy and the Defense Production Act). States absolutely bear responsibility and have an obligation to act appropriately on behalf of its citizens, so no argument from me there either. As you said, in a lot of ways we were already starting at a significant disadvantage in light of China’s information suppression.

As unfortunate as crises are, that’s usually when you see America at its best - when we are all joined in a common goal and working together to accomplish it. I just want to see everyone put down their political party swords and work together. I think a lot of that could’ve started earlier and been better coordinated at the federal level. But again, that’s just my opinion. 

Look, I definitely came out hot in this thread. Some of it coming from the frustration of “no end in sight”. Even in disagreement, I do respect other message board member opinions. I sure as hell don’t have all the answers, and I have no real beef with any of my fellow Bills brethren. 

The dialogue is both appreciated and healthy. It’s a really BIG country and in California we’re not experiencing anything like what we’re seeing in NYC. And, there are still other places where it’s less than here. Our news media is very east coast centric. This is not to make light of the NY metro area challenges....but it’s not the same across America, and the President and his team of advisors know it. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The dialogue is both appreciated and healthy. It’s a really BIG country and in California we’re not experiencing anything like what we’re seeing in NYC. And, there are still other places where it’s less than here. Our news media is very east coast centric. This is not to make light of the NY metro area challenges....but it’s not the same across America, and the President and his team of advisors know it. 

The country has a Covid issue. NYC has a Covid crisis (maybe NO headed that way too). I’m not sure if distancing quickly Is the reason the rest of the country is having a different experience or if it’s distancing combined with way of life. 

I think the media and admin has been mum on it because they don’t want people to let up but the numbers don’t lie. 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Likewise! Agreed. It’s funny you should mention California. I used to live out there for a few years and really enjoyed my time there. I was just mentioning to my wife how remarkable it is that California hasn’t been hit harder. Not to oversimplify and ignore the challenges it is having with it, but CA has several factors of a state you’d expect to be experiencing more problems with it than it is. It’s a mysterious an odd virus to be certain, but kudos to whatever you all have been doing out there to mitigate impact. Hope they can keep it up and everyone stays safe. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Likewise! Agreed. It’s funny you should mention California. I used to live out there for a few years and really enjoyed my time there. I was just mentioning to my wife how remarkable it is that California hasn’t been hit harder. Not to oversimplify and ignore the challenges it is having with it, but CA has several factors of a state you’d expect to be experiencing more problems with it than it is. It’s a mysterious an odd virus to be certain, but kudos to whatever you all have been doing out there to mitigate impact. Hope they can keep it up and everyone stays safe. 

Could be they are more spread out there? Don't need public transit as much? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Could be they are more spread out there? Don't need public transit as much? 

Yeah those factors make sense and certainly contribute. God bless folks that can commit to the NYC lifestyle, but that many people in a confined space and that reliant on public transport and other shared spaces seemed destined to struggle most with something like this. It’s early yet to say definitively, but hoping they are starting to get a handle on it to some degree with the news today that deaths have dipped slightly. Probably too early to say and this will be a critical week (like all the others). 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Yeah those factors make sense and certainly contribute. God bless folks that can commit to the NYC lifestyle, but that many people in a confined space and that reliant on public transport and other shared spaces seemed destined to struggle most with something like this. It’s early yet to say definitively, but hoping they are starting to get a handle on it to some degree with the news today that deaths have dipped slightly. Probably too early to say and this will be a critical week (like all the others). 

You know, there is a virus thread where much of this has been discussed and I'm sure will be discussed again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Trump also raised idea of the leagues working together to lobby for tax credits that once existed to deduct the purchase of tickets and concessions?????

I know this is the dumbest place in the world to go against this, and I risk life and limb, BUT seriously?? Lobby for tax breaks for going to a football game? Subsidizing a $20 billion industry built around a ball game? I think if they only made $19 billion next year that's a hit they should be able to absorb on their own no problem.