POTUS to Goodell: believes NFL season should start on time

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I wish the TSW stupid wasn't constantly sent down to PPP. ?

And I wish the PPP stupid didn't regularly deface TSW.

So it goes......

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Moron. Incompetent. Narcissist. Sociopath.

Got any others? Sign of a great leader is to constantly deflect and never admit when he’s wrong. Always someone else’s fault. He’s handled this entire situation so piss poorly. I’m supposed to believe this schmuck? Keep taking advice from Hannity and Limbaugh you loon. 

Oh boy, here we go.

As I’ve already explained to some, I’m a long time reader here at TBD but only recently made a TBD account so I could hopefully provide some fun or entertaining feedback.  

This is the kind of “amateurism” I was hoping to avoid.  I think I need to go back to just being an occasional TBD reader again.  As a recommended way ahead, suggest we let our elected officials sort it out, and we have fun discussing the Bills.  I was hoping for better here....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Oh boy, here we go.

As I’ve already explained to some, I’m a long time reader here at TBD but only recently made a TBD account so I could hopefully provide some fun or entertaining feedback.  

This is the kind of “amateurism” I was hoping to avoid.  I think I need to go back to just being an occasional TBD reader again.  As a recommended way ahead, suggest we let our elected officials sort it out, and we have fun discussing the Bills.  I was hoping for better here....

You're in the PPP section. This isn't about the Bills.

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Nothing wrong with trying to stay hopeful...obviously, if things change when the time comes, then society will adjust accordingly...

You are absolutely correct. Unfortunately, some folks hate the president so much they are not interested in hope.

Sadly, a lot of people are suffering. Fortunately, the country is coming together in ways it hasn't done in most of our lifetimes. It's an amazing time to be encouraging and helpful and hopeful.

But some just prefer to put that energy into hate. I make myself feel better by believing they're the same people who think Tom Brady* didn't cheat.

38 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Oh boy, here we go.

We would rather have you contribute than walk away because some people say stupid stuff all the time. If you use the ignore feature, you can filter out the stupid and still enjoy the site.

Sidenote: this thread was moved to the political side of the TSW, but what I write still works. Stay and contribute.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

That’s great news!! Trump is a boss and a great leader of our country. His calm demeanor in this volatile time is the beacon in the fog. 

Let’s get this country back to work!!

They should tap him for NFL commish when he becomes available...

39 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Oh boy, here we go.

Sorry to disappoint you chief, but in case you didn’t notice there are far bigger things going on in the world right now than sports or whether the NFL season will happen. Pay attention. People are dying. That’s real life (or death in this case). You want to talk amateur? Keep burying your head in the sand. I hear you’ve got plenty of it down in Hawaii. 

1 hour ago, Hardhatharry said:

Yea, yea sure. Also wanted to get back to normal by Easter lol.

Probably will but the POTUS has absolutely no idea.

I welcome His optimism vs the media "we will all be dead by Tuesday" schtick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

I welcome His optimism vs the media "we will all be dead by Tuesday" schtick.

Stop searching so hard to find stupid ***** like that and you won't see it. I have not seen any "We will all be dead by Tuesday" once except posted by people like you.

Just now, Hardhatharry said:

Stop searching so hard to find stupid ***** like that and you won't see it. I have not seen any "We will all be dead by Tuesday" once except posted by people like you.

So, I see you cant read sarcasm to make a point. Obviously Chicken Little was wrong too when he ran around yelling the sky is falling. It was stated to make an impact. Turn on ANY news program and it is Debbie Downers all day long. Trumps positive poise is welcome in my eyes. 

• Like (+1) 1

I greatly appreciate the support of President Trump and the opportunity to discuss the current social challenges with he and the other league commissioners.  We all share the vision of returning to the playing field as quickly and as safely for all as possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Over/under on this thread moving to PPP is 97 minutes—place your bets!

So when did it move?  My clock says 2 hrs, but I don't have the time stamp of the mod move

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

I think he's right. In whatever form. The nation needs it. Everyone of us can't wait for the draft because it's something that reminds us of normal. April will be the worst month. 

The nation needs to stay alive. We don’t need football. 

1 hour ago, RealKayAdams said:

He's Captain Willard and he just started his journey up the Nung River.

1 hour ago, RealKayAdams said:

He's Captain Willard and he just started his journey up the Nung River.

Recommend you check the DTG of the comments before you critique 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Sorry to disappoint you chief, but in case you didn’t notice there are far bigger things going on in the world right now than sports or whether the NFL season will happen. Pay attention. People are dying. That’s real life (or death in this case). You want to talk amateur? Keep burying your head in the sand. I hear you’ve got plenty of it down in Hawaii. 

Chief ? LOL ... I thought it’s implied here, but I can compartmentalize; most people have this talent, believe it or not.  When I’m out and about, I’m cautious and when commenting here in my home I can focus on the Bills...not having constant hate in my heart allows me to do so.

Pay attention ?  Lol!  I’m confident I’ve done my share to assist -more than most .... pay attention? Your funny.... let me tell you what’s funny... I’m in my first week of posting here and I’m already lecturing you for being an amateur - which you are.  And trust me, Hawaii is doing great considering the crisis at hand, absolutely fantastic.  Go ahead, I’m sure you’re going to respond with even more hate, grief and colorful adjectives .... go ahead “process” entertain us ..

24 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

The nation needs to stay alive. We don’t need football. 

There were 3,000,000 deaths in America last year and yet we still had football. That’s about 60,000 deaths each week of the season. And 8,500 on an average Sunday! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Buy or Sell?

Sell.

"I'm not anticipating that happening in this state," Newsom said via SFGate.com. "We've all seen the headlines over the last couple days in Asia where they opening up certain businesses and now they're starting to roll back those openings because they're starting seeing some spread and there's a boomerang. One has to be very cautious here, one has to be careful not to overpromise."

Newsome also shared that one "well-known football player" inquired about whether or not the NFL season would begin on time.

"I would move very cautiously in that expectation," Newsom said. "Our decision on that basis here in the State of California will be determined by the facts, will be determined by the health experts, will be determined by our ability to meet this moment and bend the curve ... Right now I'm just focusing on the immediate, but that's not something I anticipate happening in the next few months."

So he basically has no idea as well. September is five months from now. Who knows where we will be then. 

I'm far from a Trump supporter but I have no problem with him being a little optimistic here. 

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

There were 3,000,000 deaths in America last year and yet we still had football. That’s about 60,000 deaths each week of the season. And 8,500 on an average Sunday! 

We’re those deaths caused by gathering? You really are ***** stupid! 

• Like (+1) 1