This is the best WR class of our generation

Tesla03

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think the team has to go WR in round 2 or 3. Diggs will be 27 come this season, not old but Beasley will be 31 and Brown just turned 30, on top of there being zero depth behind them (Roberts is a return man, Mackenzie a gadget player and the rest are bubble roster players) the team needs a WR waiting to take over for Beasley and Brown once they decline in a year or two. 

My ideal draft would be to go DE round 2 (need to get younger at DE and some depth wouldn't hurt), WR round 3, RB round 4, and LB or Secondary depth round 5. That would fill 4 key areas of depth for this team while getting younger at two positions they are very very old at. 

Uyeah, what he said.  Nice take Billsfan89.

You don’t have to use a higher round draft pick on receivers. This is just silly. Rounds 3-5 still produce great players especially at receiver. I hate to inform some of you but we’re not the chiefs or saints.  This is still a run first team. Don’t want to turn it into an Allen thread but until he takes his game to a new level we are a run team. We won’t be throwing 40+ times a game unless we’re losing big time. I am sure they will consider adding talent to the receiver room but I don’t think it’s high #1 priority as the OP demands 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think the team has to go WR in round 2 or 3. Diggs will be 27 come this season, not old but Beasley will be 31 and Brown just turned 30, on top of there being zero depth behind them (Roberts is a return man, Mackenzie a gadget player and the rest are bubble roster players) the team needs a WR waiting to take over for Beasley and Brown once they decline in a year or two. 

My ideal draft would be to go DE round 2 (need to get younger at DE and some depth wouldn't hurt), WR round 3, RB round 4, and LB or Secondary depth round 5. That would fill 4 key areas of depth for this team while getting younger at two positions they are very very old at. 

Agreed.  Could arguably interchange positions and rounds.  But, I would be absolutely good if your situation plays out.  And, it realistically could play out that way.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Well, half of them will bust. They always do.

Well since this is predicted to be the best and richest WR class, if they bust at about the same rate they always do, it will still be the best WR class in history. 

Which is a reasonable prediction at this point. 

Seems like a pretty good chance we'll grab a WR and an RB at some point. The difference being WR at #2 seems like one reasonable possibility.

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Well since this is predicted to be the best and richest WR class, if they bust at about the same rate they always do, it will still be the best WR class in history. 

Which is a reasonable prediction at this point. 

Seems like a pretty good chance we'll grab a WR and an RB at some point. The difference being WR at #2 seems like one reasonable possibility.

I'd be happy with them picking up another receiver in the draft. I think we need oline help as well. I wouldn't want to see a running back taken with our 2nd rounder, but maybe later.

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'd be happy with them picking up another receiver in the draft. I think we need oline help as well. I wouldn't want to see a running back taken with our 2nd rounder, but maybe later.

We're agreed, then.

Although I could see getting an RB in either FA or the draft if we do get another.

Edited by Thurman#1

WR is now a position of strength. If the number 1 player on Beane's board is a WR, go for it. 

I'd have no problem with them adding an addition WR, but it's in no way a need. 

The offense NEEDS another back. They could use some help elsewhere. But this take seems over the top. 

I believe the onus is now on the OC and the QB to show what they can do with a competent supporting cast.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MJS said:

I guess we'll know 4 or 5 years from now. No way to make that claim right now.

Yeah, but then it's too late.

The OP is obviously referring to them as prospects. That's what drafting is all about.

I agree, if they believe a guy is a truly exceptional prospect, they should use the pick on him. 

This class, on paper, is weakening by the day. 

They were talking 2 months ago about record numbers in round 1.

Now Higgins has largely fallen out that, same with Shenault, Reagor is falling down draft boards and even Justin Jefferson is getting questioned. 

People were too quick to crown it a generational class. 

• Like (+1) 2

There are a lot of good receivers in this class. It may be the best WR class ever at this point. It’s certainly the deepest. With that being said the Bills will draft BPA. That’s what they do. That’s what they always do. That’s what they should do. You draft the best players. It may be a WR. It may be a RB. It may be a DB. It may be an edge. It may be an OL. The board determines who you draft.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2