Reading the tea leaves and it’s coming up Dugger

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

All the Bills journos are hunting at Jeremy Chinn or Kyle Dugger and they’ve gone out of their way to dismiss the RB at #54 links.

Parrino and Buscaglia especially have been hinting at Dugger the last few days on Twitter and they’re both pretty in tuned with OBD.

Dugger is one of those rare guys who’s raw but he’s also 24. One of the best athletes in the Draft and a violent player. Can play S and LB and will be on the field a lot in dime and nickel packages.

He’s a total gym rat and has high football character so you can see why Beane/McDermott would be enamored with him.

We need our top draft player to be starting here on day 1 in year 3 of Allen.   I don't see how a Safety draft pick can come in and  take over Hyde  or Poyer

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Taylor falls to 54 its a no brainer, but I’m ok with a guy like Chinn at 54.  For those downplaying the need, we win the New England game and Houston game if we had somebody in the back 7 who was a physical tackler.  

Not if you are tackling AFTER the 1st Down Marker.

9 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We need our top draft player to be starting here on day 1 in year 3 of Allen.   I don't see how a Safety draft pick can come in and  take over Hyde  or Poyer

Not if you are tackling AFTER the 1st Down Marker.

He wouldn’t be replacing Hyde or Poyer.  He’d be replacing Neal and spelling Milano and possibly giving the safeties a breather.  He’d probably be on the field more than Klein.  

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is sort of where I’m at.  Sort of.  It’s going to be tough watching Aiyuk or Hamler or Dobbins tear up the league in 2020 while our first pick (Dugger) spends the season as a special teams gunner.  Not that I don’t like the player - I do - but does he help us win in 2020?  I’m just not sure.  A pick like that would be within their comfort zone, I get that, but I wish they’d step outside of that zone and focus on speed on offense.  

And egads, if they pass on Johnathan Taylor to take a defensive back I will lose it.  I don’t think he’ll last to 54 but if somehow he did and they pass... that dude is special.

I agree with this. I don’t see Dugger for the fact that he’s older and he’s a project. 

Also, Beane’s motto this off-season has been to get “touchdown makers”. I see them grabbing a RB an another WR on this class. Also I wonder if they could be looking for a Milano replacement if they’re unable to re-sign him. 

56 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think anyone is tuned in with OBD

Exactly. I know someone associated with the org who is in the room on draft day. He said in the past he would get snippets on who they might take, but with Beane it's very very close to the vest.

• Like (+1) 1

This is sort of where I’m at.  Sort of.  It’s going to be tough watching Aiyuk or Hamler or Dobbins tear up the league in 2020 while our first pick (Dugger) spends the season as a special teams gunner.  Not that I don’t like the player - I do - but does he help us win in 2020?  I’m just not sure.  A pick like that would be within their comfort zone, I get that, but I wish they’d step outside of that zone and focus on speed on offense.  

And egads, if they pass on Johnathan Taylor to take a defensive back I will lose it.  I don’t think he’ll last to 54 but if somehow he did and they pass... that dude is special.

Props for egads . . . 

The addition of Diggs is huge and D. Williams might turn out to be a very smart addition to the o-line, but the offense still needs addressing. RB2 or 1B or however one conceptualizes the position ought to be a priority. I like a few players for WR4 with some size, too, but I agree if Taylor inexplicably falls, Beane needs to move up to get him. As an UGA fan, I'm also partial to Swift, but I assume he's gone late first round.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Beane loves Jonathan Taylor, so he will will be using smoke and mirrors to say how they're set at RB, and talk of other positions of need, etc..With JT and DS teams will be obsessing about our running game. BB is smart enough not to pass up on JT. He may even think of jumping up to take him, if need be. So, BB, I know you are listening. Ger er done.

How could you be plugged in and hinting towards a guy that the Bills will take, 54 picks into the draft? It’s impossible for even the Bills to know who they are taking there. That guy might go at pick 41. Who knows. The Bills probably like 30-40 different players at that pick. Why even worry about trying to guess who it is now? 

41 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Props for egads . . . 

The addition of Diggs is huge and D. Williams might turn out to be a very smart addition to the o-line, but the offense still needs addressing. RB2 or 1B or however one conceptualizes the position ought to be a priority. I like a few players for WR4 with some size, too, but I agree if Taylor inexplicably falls, Beane needs to move up to get him. As an UGA fan, I'm also partial to Swift, but I assume he's gone late first round.

It's  certainly something Beane has no issues doing. How far up would/should they go? 

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

All the Bills journos are hunting at Jeremy Chinn or Kyle Dugger and they’ve gone out of their way to dismiss the RB at #54 links.

Parrino and Buscaglia especially have been hinting at Dugger the last few days on Twitter and they’re both pretty in tuned with OBD.

Dugger is one of those rare guys who’s raw but he’s also 24. One of the best athletes in the Draft and a violent player. Can play S and LB and will be on the field a lot in dime and nickel packages.

He’s a total gym rat and has high football character so you can see why Beane/McDermott would be enamored with him.

Why is he so old?

I agree with those pining for Taylor. He has been my draft crush for quite a while, but I haven't been optimistic he will fall to us. Hopefully, Beane likes him as much as many of us do and does his thing to move up and get him. I think he completes this offense instantly.

• Like (+1) 1

We're not going to be excited about anyone we pick at 54. The top 3 RBs will be gone by then and it's hard to find a WR in that range that fills a need. We don't really have any major needs except for RB. With that in mind I'm not going to hate any pick at 54. Unless it's a RB anyone we pick there will likely not be a starter this year. So if it's Dugger, sure. I trust McDermott with DBs. The only reason I would hate that is if someone like Shenault or Taylor ended up dropping and we still didn't take them but that's pretty unlikely.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Booooring . And unnecessary. Go where the depth of this draft is and add to the offense. The defense is fine, so no draft picks on that side until round 3 at least please. 

But what receivers projected to be available at 54 will fill a role on our offense? Our top 3 is set in stone. Adding Diggs means receiver went from our biggest need to one of our lowest. The only potential receiver I could see is Shenault if he drops due to injury, he would fit into this offense right away. Otherwise the potential receivers at that spot are going to be backing up Diggs/Brown or Beasley. We do need to get younger, and bigger, at the position - but I wouldn't reach at 54 just for that. We can get a size receiver or a legitimate backup to Beasley later on.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

But what receivers projected to be available at 54 will fill a role on our offense? Our top 3 is set in stone. Adding Diggs means receiver went from our biggest need to one of our lowest. The only potential receiver I could see is Shenault if he drops due to injury, he would fit into this offense right away. Otherwise the potential receivers at that spot are going to be backing up Diggs/Brown or Beasley. We do need to get younger, and bigger, at the position - but I wouldn't reach at 54 just for that. We can get a size receiver or a legitimate backup to Beasley later on.

I cannot see the Bills using both their 1st (Diggs) AND 2nd picks on WR.  Only scenario I could imagine would be if a WR who they graded as a 1st rounder was miraculously still available- and even then it would take big ones to take another WR there.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The talent in the draft is at WR, and injuries happen. Depth can’t hurt. Many positions are indeed set, but perhaps Beane can deal and move up from that 54 slot. There isn’t a proven #1 TE, so maybe add a player there. I just prefer to see them address the offensive side of the ball in some way, as it needs the most improvement. Still was not even a top 20 passing team last season. 

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I cannot see the Bills using both their 1st (Diggs) AND 2nd picks on WR.  Only scenario I could imagine would be if a WR who they graded as a 1st rounder was miraculously still available- and even then it would take big ones to take another WR there.

Draftniks have said starting caliber WR talent will be available in the second and third rounds. Stockpile some of that talent and become at least a top 15 passing offense so the team has a chance to win a title. The defense is more than good enough to get there. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Jonathan Taylor is incredible. We all know McD is obsessed with defense tho. Such a tough call. The Chiefs are a huge threat, as well as the Ravens. But NE has that great defense....to win the division you have to SCORE more. I'd be rather upset if they pass on Taylor at 54. 

• Like (+1) 1