Reading the tea leaves and it’s coming up Dugger

All the Bills journos are hunting at Jeremy Chinn or Kyle Dugger and they’ve gone out of their way to dismiss the RB at #54 links.

Parrino and Buscaglia especially have been hinting at Dugger the last few days on Twitter and they’re both pretty in tuned with OBD.

Dugger is one of those rare guys who’s raw but he’s also 24. One of the best athletes in the Draft and a violent player. Can play S and LB and will be on the field a lot in dime and nickel packages.

He’s a total gym rat and has high football character so you can see why Beane/McDermott would be enamored with him.

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

All the Bills journos are hunting at Jeremy Chinn or Kyle Dugger and they’ve gone out of their way to dismiss the RB at #54 links.

Parrino and Buscaglia especially have been hinting at Dugger the last few days on Twitter and they’re both pretty in tuned with OBD.

Dugger is one of those rare guys who’s raw but he’s also 24. One of the best athletes in the Draft and a violent player. Can play S and LB and will be on the field a lot in dime and nickel packages.

He’s a total gym rat and has high football character so you can see why Beane/McDermott would be enamored with him.

If they took at Edge at 54 I’d understand their decision. Unless there is a guy falling 30ish spots past his projected pick I wouldn’t understand any other defensive picks in the 2nd round. 

Let’s get serious about building an elite offense, Diggs is nice now go get us Dobbins or a young WR. 

Edited by CommonCents
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I really want one of Dobbins or JT to fall to us at #54 or a WR like Aiyuk or Claypool but I trust Beane and McDermott either way. They’ve earned it.

This is sort of where I’m at.  Sort of.  It’s going to be tough watching Aiyuk or Hamler or Dobbins tear up the league in 2020 while our first pick (Dugger) spends the season as a special teams gunner.  Not that I don’t like the player - I do - but does he help us win in 2020?  I’m just not sure.  A pick like that would be within their comfort zone, I get that, but I wish they’d step outside of that zone and focus on speed on offense.  

And egads, if they pass on Johnathan Taylor to take a defensive back I will lose it.  I don’t think he’ll last to 54 but if somehow he did and they pass... that dude is special.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is sort of where I’m at.  Sort of.  It’s going to be tough watching Aiyuk or Hamler or Dobbins tear up the league in 2020 while our first pick (Dugger) spends the season as a special teams gunner.  Not that I don’t like the player - I do - but does he help us win in 2020?  I’m just not sure.  A pick like that would be within their comfort zone, I get that, but I wish they’d step outside of that zone and focus on speed on offense.  

And egads, if they pass on Johnathan Taylor to take a defensive back I will lose it.  I don’t think he’ll last to 54 but if somehow he did and they pass... that dude is special.

Agree with all this. 

28 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

If took at Edge at 54 I’d understand their decision. Unless there is a guy falling 30ish spots past his projected pick I wouldn’t understand any other defensive picks in the 2nd round. 

Let’s get serious about building an elite offense, Diggs is nice now go get us Dobbins or a young WR. 

This is almost exactly where I am. My preference at #54 is edge but only if a guy worth the pick is there. Other than that they should go offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

My “surprise” pick of round 1 is Taylor to Atlanta 

They already have Siran Neal in that big nickel role and he is a very good player. And Taron Johnson is a very good slot corner (when healthy).

And Edmunds and Milano are on the field 100% of the time at LB.

Where exactly do Chinn and Dugger fit into this equation?

Chinn or Dugger would be a waste of a high draft choice if you ask me.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, njbuff said:

They already have Siran Neal in that big nickel role and he is a very good player. And Taron Johnson is a very good slot corner (when healthy).

And Edmunds and Milano are on the field 100% of the time at LB.

Where exactly do Chinn and Dugger fit into this equation?

Chinn or Dugger would be a waste of a high draft choice if you ask me.

After our playoff loss im not high om Siren Neal ...

Please give me Dugger or Chinn in the 2nd.

We can get Dillon or Akers or even A. Gibson later in the draft. 

44 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

My “surprise” pick of round 1 is Taylor to Atlanta 

I could definitely see it.  Or to Miami.  Or the Chiefs at 32 if he lasts.  He’s maybe the most instinctual runner I’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Does this team really need to spend its highest draft pick on upgrading on Siran Neal?  This is a critical, “all in” year.  It just seems shortsighted to me as much as I like the player.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Akers will not be available later in the draft.

Neal just needs to learn to wrap up better. ?

Dugger or Chinn is a waste to me, but if McBeane want them like you do........... Who am I to argue?

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I don’t think anyone is tuned in with OBD

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm very much in the "don't pay a premium for RB" camp but when you take the strengths and weaknesses of Taylor and put them next to Singletary's strengths and weaknesses? My goodness. They would be an absolutely devastating backfield pair.

Taylor has that break-away speed that Singletary does not. Singletary has that knack for wiggling through the pile, where Taylor does not. Both of them had a ton of college touches so you could balance out the wear and tear worry. Taylor thrives with more carries whereas Singletary may never be a 25 touch guy in the NFL due to being a little on the small side.

I don't love the idea of an RB at 54 but if Taylor or Dobbins are like #25 on the Bills board and the next guys are 40-45? Yeah man that could be electric

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 1

I’d rather sign Tedric Thompson who just turned 25 and has been in the league three years, and keep the draft pick. 

And as others have said, we have seen Siran Neal kind of grow into his role. Dugger seems like a very interesting prospect. Never seen him play but I have the Senior Bowl on my DVR as one thing on the “quarantine” things to do list. 

• Like (+1) 2