I don’t get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here.

10 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Huh?   Bro..Watkins has nothing on Diggs.   The dude can nearly be considered a bust.   He had one 1k yard season in his whole career, can not stay healthy, and is very inconsistent. 

Woods can be considered equal at best to Beasley.  Both great route runners with possession skills.

Harvin to Brown is laughable.   Harvin barely had 1k yards receiving in his final 4 years as a pro, and a whopping 200+ as a Bill. 

Shady is over the hill and Motor is the younger prime version of him. 

Clay?   Lol  A waste of money. 

This team is about to field two 1,000+ yard Wrs from the previous year, a slot reciever with nearly 800 yards receiving from the previous year, a 2nd year back with explosive play making abilities who averaged over 5 yards a carry last season, and you are trying to tell me these arent the best weapons on the field in 20 years?   Lol

So you’re going to ignore all of the numbers.

Do yourself a favor: compare Diggs to Woods. Then do Smoke to Watkins. Then do Harvin to Woods. Then consider that both Hogan and Goodwin were on that team and compare them to McKenzie and Robert Foster. And I mean actually look at the numbers; don’t just go all “bro dude man” analysis.

Then compare Clay’s worst season as a Bill to the production of the entire 2019 Bills TE group.

Then compare Shady as a Bill to Devin.

Or don’t and continue to just make things upz

Either way is cool, but only one of them will result in making statements that make sense.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I like Diggs/Smoke/Beasley/Motor, but you’re joking if you say that the current group of skill players is better than Watkins, Woods, Harvin,

Hogan, Shady, Clay, and rookie Karlos.

Harvin is probably worse than McKenzie if you count ability to play more than 3 games per season as a skill.  

I'd give the nod to Beasley over Hogan.  Clay and Knox both dropped passes.  So lets give it a push.  Rookie Karlos was an upgrade over Gore for sure - Motors fumbling was a bit of a concern too.  Woods is younger and probably better than brown.  I'd give the nod to diggs over watkins simply because in the 2 years under rex with this group together, watkins missed time in both seasons.  

Diggs>Watkins

Brown<Woods

Beasley>Hogan,Goodwin

McKenzie>Harvin

Prime Shady>Motor

Karlos>Gore/Yeldon

It feels so much better than what buffalo trotted out in 2017/2018 - but i suppose its on par with what whaley put together.  Only issue with whaley was the cap.  We lost woods, hogan, gilmore, goodwin... And had built a team around Tyrod, Glenn, Dareus, Clay, and 2 1st Watkins.  That core was and is not enough to do anything in the league.  

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Do yourself a favor: compare Diggs to Woods. Then do Smoke to Watkins. Then do Harvin to Woods. Then consider that both Hogan and Goodwin were on that team and compare them to McKenzie and Robert Foster.

Then compare Clay’s worst season as a Bill to the production of the entire 2019 Bills TE group.

Either way is cool, but only one of them will result in making statements that make sense.

Yea bro, im done. 

This roster is being considered by many in the sports world as a Super Bowl talented roster yet you're going to sit here and try to tell me that this is not the best roster this team has had in 20 years it's laughable.

Robert Woods is not in Diggs League. Watkins is not in Diggs as League.

You can attempt to match this guy with that guy and this guy with that guy all day long the bottom line is the guys who were taking the field for Buffalo this year are proven from last year. We have the most Talent with the most production to ever field a field in the same season in 20 years.

I find it humorous that this is even debatable. Buffalo Bills 2020 roster this far is considered a top 10 in the NFL and according to some sites a top-five.

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Do yourself a favor: compare Diggs to Woods. Then do Smoke to Watkins. Then do Harvin to Woods. Then consider that both Hogan and Goodwin were on that team and compare them to McKenzie and Robert Foster.

Yea. I would take Diggs over Watkins as the #1. After that Harvin - Beas as #3 might be a tie (I was never a Harvin fan) and after that every single other comparison is advantage 2015 at this point - including the oline too. And to be honest after those two I reference and maybe Wood v Morse it isn't close in any position. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Do yourself a favor: compare Diggs to Woods. Then do Smoke to Watkins. Then do Harvin to Woods. Then consider that both Hogan and Goodwin were on that team and compare them to McKenzie and Robert Foster. And I mean actually look at the numbers; don’t just go all “bro dude man” analysis.

Harvin probably had like 100 snaps for buffalo in 2 seasons.  Don't compare him to anyone.  He's actually a net loss since he's a locker room nightmare.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Harvin is probably worse than McKenzie if you count ability to play more than 3 games per season as a skill.  

I'd give the nod to Beasley over Hogan.  Clay and Knox both dropped passes.  So lets give it a push.  Rookie Karlos was an upgrade over Gore for sure - Motors fumbling was a bit of a concern too.  Woods is younger and probably better than brown.  I'd give the nod to diggs over watkins simply because in the 2 years under rex with this group together, watkins missed time in both seasons.  

Diggs>Watkins

Brown<Woods

Beasley>Hogan,Goodwin

McKenzie>Harvin

Prime Shady>Motor

Karlos>Gore/Yeldon

It feels so much better than what buffalo trotted out in 2017/2018 - but i suppose its on par with what whaley put together.  Only issue with whaley was the cap.  We lost woods, hogan, gilmore, goodwin... And had built a team around Tyrod, Glenn, Dareus, Clay, and 2 1st Watkins.  That core was and is not enough to do anything in the league.  

Just based on performance alone, I’d go:

Woods over Diggs

Watkins = Brown

Harvin over Beasley (assuming both are healthy)

Shady over Devin (again, when Shady was in his prime in 15/16

And Clay as a Bill has more receptions every season than our entire TE group in 2019.

After that I can see making an argument. 

But yes, I do like the current group. Just some sanity from the dude that proclaimed how much better Allen’s weapons are than anything in the last 20 years would be nice.

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Yea bro, im done. 

This roster is being considered by many in the sports world as a Super Bowl talented roster yet you're going to sit here and try to tell me that this is not the best roster this team has had in 20 years it's laughable.

Robert Woods is not in Diggs League. Watkins is not in Diggs as League.

You can attempt to match this guy with that guy and this guy with that guy all day long the bottom line is the guys who were taking the field for Buffalo this year are proven from last year. We have the most Talent with the most production to ever field a field in the same season in 20 years.

I find it humorous that this is even debatable. Buffalo Bills 2020 roster this far is considered a top 10 in the NFL and according to some sites a top-five.

So you’re not going to look at the numbers and stick with “bro dude man” analysis?

Yes, we’re done 

On 4/4/2020 at 6:02 AM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I get it he’s not perfect, but neither was Kemp, or Ferguson or even Kelly for that matter. First it’s finally we have a franchise QB now all of a sudden it’s let’s go get Watson and let Allen go so we don’t have to pay him 30 million. Like some of you guys need to make up your minds. Either your with Allen or your not. Again while Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL, we are also the most spoiled. Appreciate what we have and root for the guy to succeed. Things could be worse, we could still have Tyrod( I can’t throw the football) Taylor or Nathan( I cant stop throwing to the other team) Peterman. Or how about EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton or even better Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis. I can’t imagine if Kelly’s first year in Buffalo happened in today’s game, there would probably be a million threads about running him out of town and demanding that we draft someone else. I understand being critical and even being concerned, but some of you guys need to stop being negative and back off a bit and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

Do you get the hate that Josh Allen gets on facebook?  

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Woods over Diggs

Watkins = Brown

And Clay as a Bill has more receptions every season than our entire TE group in 2019.

But yes, I do like the current group. Just some sanity from the dude that proclaimed how much better Allen’s weapons are than anything in the last 20 years would be nice.

Because you are attempting to cherry-pick players best seasons I am not.

I'm talking about what's going to field the Buffalo Bills in 2020 and what those people who are going to take the field did in 2019.

Of all the players you mentioned only one of them had a thousand yards season for Buffalo and that was Watkins one time.

The conglomerate of talent with a proven track record from the year before is about to take the field together again to build on what they already did last year.

Thank you for the inspirational message. I sense  a pent up animosity towards anyone questioning your superior talent evaluation skills. Especially after 2 years featuring a playoff berth, dismissing a high 1st round draft choice as not being able to win a championship. Finally, I made the assumption, (ignorantly)that your assessment about JA17 was out of the defeatist attitude that you might have developed over the last 20 years of watching incompetence dominate the organization Please, if I insulted you, my apologies. Happy holidays. 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Woods over Diggs

Watkins = Brown

So you’re not going to look at the numbers and stick with “bro dude man” analysis?

Yes, we’re done 

Harvin over Beasley?? The guy was healthy for like A year in 2011 - he's not better than anyone when he's costing 6 million to get 25 catches.  He cost a million in 2017 and played in what... one game?  

I can't say at his best harvin because we didn't get him at his best.  We got him after he flamed out everywhere with migraines, weed, and attitude problems.  AND paid him 6 mil.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dneveu said:

Harvin over Beasley?? The guy was healthy for like A year in 2011 - he's not better than anyone when he's costing 6 million to get 25 catches.  He cost a million in 2017 and played in what... one game?  

I can't say at his best harvin because we didn't get him at his best.  We got him after he flamed out everywhere with migraines, weed, and attitude problems.  AND paid him 6 mil.  

Oh don't worry about it they'll just cherry-pick his one best season ever and say oh he's better than Beasley he had a thousand yards.

9 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Because you are attempting to cherry-pick players best seasons I am not.

I'm talking about what's going to field the Buffalo Bills in 2020 and what those people who are going to take the field did in 2019.

Of all the players you mentioned only one of them had a thousand yards season for Buffalo and that was Watkins one time.

The conglomerate of talent with a proven track record from the year before is about to take the field together again to build on what they already did last year.

Yeah, if you're going to compare with what they did in Buffalo, I agree with you 100%. Take Woods for example: he's really blossomed into a very nice player with the Rams, but I was never too impressed with him on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TwistofFate said:

Oh don't worry about it they'll just cherry-pick his one best season ever and say oh he's better than Beasley he had a thousand yards.

Right?  If we're getting the 2015-2016 versions of these players - we're getting

Migraine Harvin 6 games in 2 seasons - 7 million well spent.

Watkins with foot problems - Is the screw in?  Are they taking it out?  Whats next with this guys friggin foot?! Not to mention complaining in the media about targets...

Woods who falls over all the time, am i the only one who remembers this? (Not the rams woods - we get 2015 woods)

Goodwin whos probably hurt training for the olympics

Shady with hamstring problems

Hell Clay didn't even play a full season here.  

Hogan?  Guys a mediocre slot receiver who could play special teams.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, if you're going to compare with what they did in Buffalo, I agree with you 100%. Take Woods for example: he's really blossomed into a very nice player with the Rams, but I was never too impressed with him on the Bills.

Never throwing the ball can do that 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Diggs>Watkins

Brown<Woods

Beasley>Hogan,Goodwin

McKenzie>Harvin

Prime Shady>Motor

Karlos>Gore/Yeldon

Watkins is in a perfect spot. He's not a #1 because he doesn't have the talent edge at the NFL level, he's not consistent enough to be a #2, so he is a mismatch #3/#4 in Kansas City (Hardman overtakes him this year) that occasionally comes up big, but is never relied on for real production. 

Diggs > Watkins - Agree

Brown < Woods - Agree, Woods is younger and has turned into a stable NFL WR. 

Beasley > Hogan/Goodwin - Agree, Beasley has carved a niche role in the NFL that is defined. Hogan was always a fringe NFL player and Goodwin's peak was short lived, think Jacoby Ford. 

McKenzie > Harvin - Agree, Harvin was a name, but no real production past his Vikings days. 

Prime Shady < Motor - We never saw peak McCoy. He was on the decline when Philadelphia traded him. 

Karlos > Gore/Yeldon - The Bills should have never signed Frank Gore. TJ Yeldon was an established running back, who can run and catch the ball out of the backfield. Gore is a 36 year old plodder at 3.5 ypc. But Karlos for one year was a phenom in Buffalo. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

You're not wrong - Roman isn't much for passing beyond verticals and safe outs/hitches.  

But i seem to remember Woods also being a total JAG when he was here.  I liked him, but he had like 2 good games in 4 years.  

My take as well. Very good blocker for a WR, but that's about it. Then again, I was never too impressed with Lil Antoine on the Bills either until he went to the Vikings.

• Like (+1) 1