I don’t get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here.

4 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

The password for today is ----> shhhh  DEFENSE

Josh is far from a finished product but I think it's crazy if you can't see the improvements he made. He is 23 of course there will be bonehead plays

But his intermediate accuracy has become very good , he has a quick release and a great playing fire. You can tell teammates have bought in and he is actually very good against zone coverages. His quick release and arm strength let him get the ball there in a hurry

He needs to improve against tight man and decision making but that comes with time and WRs who can consistently beat man

He has shown an ability to make throws that few people alive can and he has shown a will to win that is inspirational as a player. I wouldn't discount the kid at all

All the players at that level are talented, it's who is willing to work the hardest

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is ridiculous. No one "hates" Josh Allen. Some of us are just being realistic about his serious flaws and aren't going to see him as a guy that can win a SB until he actually reaches that level, if he ever reaches that level. He still has a long way to go. His passing efficiency rating was a wopping 69.2. He was 2nd in the NFL in fumbles. He does not handle pressure as well as most QB's and he holds the ball too long.

In all fairness, he hasn't had a good supporting cast overall and the OL still needs a lot of improvement. Hopfully the mental aspects of the game will improve for him. He has good leadership skills and work ethic, but his accuracy will always be a liability. I like him, but I don't know if he can ever be a great passer. I sure hope so. I'm just not going to say he's a great QB until he plays like one. There is nothing unreasonable or wrong with that. We hold every other player to that standard, yet Josh gets a free pass. I just hope that some day he will be as good as some people think he already is.

• Like (+1) 2

Nuthin’ but love from this long time fan.  

He has everything he needs to be great.  All of the skills, competitive fire and intangibles.  He’s obsessive about correcting mistakes.  

Take away that lateral - which didn’t hurt us - and he has played his best in the biggest moments.  Prime time games like Dallas and Pittsburgh, and so many big 4th quarter plays  and comebacks.

Josh Allen is going to get this city its first Lombardi.  I’m sure of it.

14 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I get it he’s not perfect, but neither was Kemp, or Ferguson or even Kelly for that matter. First it’s finally we have a franchise QB now all of a sudden it’s let’s go get Watson and let Allen go so we don’t have to pay him 30 million. Like some of you guys need to make up your minds. Either your with Allen or your not. Again while Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL, we are also the most spoiled. Appreciate what we have and root for the guy to succeed. Things could be worse, we could still have Tyrod( I can’t throw the football) Taylor or Nathan( I cant stop throwing to the other team) Peterman. Or how about EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton or even better Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis. I can’t imagine if Kelly’s first year in Buffalo happened in today’s game, there would probably be a million threads about running him out of town and demanding that we draft someone else. I understand being critical and even being concerned, but some of you guys need to stop being negative and back off a bit and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

Can you point out any of this hatred?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Trust me I like Reich as much as the next fan. But he was in no way a starting QB, both Carolina and The Jets found that out the hard way. Great teammate and probably the best back up that ever played the game, but was a horrible starter. If the NFL had a Hall Of Fame for back ups he’d probably be a first ballot lol

Todd Collins might have something to say about that...

I agree. I don't get it either. A lot of fans, probably a good majority didn't like him from the day he was drafted. I think he proved them wrong. I remember when we drafted Losman and he was like the second coming to most Bills fans...and how did that work out? Lol

Edited by Cal

8 minutes ago, Cal said:

I agree. I don't get it either. A lot of fans, probably a good majority didn't like him from the day he was drafted. I think he proved them wrong. I remember when we drafted Losman and he was like the second coming to most Bills fans...and how did that work out? Lol

There were so many “we chose the wrong Josh” posts.

So glad we got Allen.  I’d rather have him right now than Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield.  Just seems like he was born to play in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

I have been watching most of the games this past season on gamepass and I will state absolutely that he was better than the opposing QB most games, at least 9 times he was better and I would state 3 times he was equal. That mkes him at least average in my book in his second year. A little improvement and he is top 10 this year.

I also want to point out that in 4 of the last 6 games he played a full game he had great QBR numbers and only only Baltimore was bad. He is not a volume number guy but an efficient number guy

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
I am adding info
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

Todd Collins might have something to say about that...

I rooted for him and wanted him to be Kelly’s successor, but like I said before the team didn’t have his back and they kicked him out the door too quick. 

1 hour ago, Cal said:

I remember when he got drafted I was like, Who the ***** is this guy LOL, until we traded up for him I had never heard of him and didn’t know about his college career. Even then it seemed like such a out of left field choice to draft him. I can’t remember but was he even being mentioned of being a first round pick? Should’ve taken Big Ben

I honestly don't see a whole ton of hatred.  Yes, I'm sure he has his critics, as I'm sure the majority of QBs get.  TBH, and I say this as a believer in Allen, I think he gets way too many excuses "But but, the receivers, the line, the play calling....."

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

I honestly don't see a whole ton of hatred.  Yes, I'm sure he has his critics, as I'm sure the majority of QBs get.  TBH, and I say this as a believer in Allen, I think he gets way too many excuses "But but, the receivers, the line, the play calling....."

Did you see how many dropped balls they had from their WR corps. And who were his WRs in his rookie season? And he played behind the worst O Line in his rookie year. Yeah he deserves the excuses

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

I think you need to reread my post for comprehension.  My criticism was aimed specifically at the OP who was complaining about other posters  not embracing Allen as a bonafide "franchise QB" after his second season.   Brady, Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson cemented themselves as their teams' "franchise QBs" in their sophomore seasons.   Allen's  claim to the "franchise QB" tag is much more tenuous because he simply didn't play as well.  That doesn't mean -- and I never claimed -- that he can't continue to improve and become a franchise QB, but in reality he's not one now, and arguing he's a "franchise QB" simply because he's better than the trash that the Bills have started at QB for the past twenty years is disingenuously setting the bar at 2 inches off the ground and cheering that he clears it.  The OP needs to aim higher --- and maybe you do, too. 

Holy moly.

The kid showed significant improvement from year one to year two and led the team to the playoffs with NINE new starters around him.

Sorry if that isn't improvement enough for you for a 23 year old kid coming from a small school he had to carry on his back.

Saying he simply didn't play well is a completely narrow-minded view on Allen.

I never said he was a franchise QB now, but unlike others, I will allow him to grow into the role.

I also apologize that Allen isn't Brady, Wilson, Mahomes, Watson and Jackson at the grand old age of 23.

Mahomes got drafted by Reid, with the best support system of offense in the NFL.

Watson played at Clemson and he extensive championship experience, which really helped his transition to the NFL. Plus he had Hopkins and Fuller. When did Allen ever have anything like that?

Jackson was a former Heissman winning QB and Baltimore rebuilt their entire offense to cater to him. Job well done by Baltimore, but Jackson has been brutal in two playoff games.

With all that said and to your point................ Allen still does have a lot to prove. But I think he has the talent and temperament to get there.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I rooted for him and wanted him to be Kelly’s successor, but like I said before the team didn’t have his back and they kicked him out the door too quick. 

I remember when he got drafted I was like, Who the ***** is this guy LOL, until we traded up for him I had never heard of him and didn’t know about his college career. Even then it seemed like such a out of left field choice to draft him. I can’t remember but was he even being mentioned of being a first round pick? Should’ve taken Big Ben

Big Ben was taken earlier and JP actually had a huge pedigree

He was a consensus 5* recruit who could've played anywhere in the country. Went to UCLA who promised him the job , didn't get it as fresh so transferred to Tulane

Physically JP had it all, mentally .....

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Did you see how many dropped balls they had from their WR corps. And who were his WRs in his rookie season? And he played behind the worst O Line in his rookie year. Yeah he deserves the excuses

If he deserves excuses then so do a lot of Bills castoff QBs over the years.  Not saying Allen is as bad as them but they didn't have it much better and I would argue in many cases they had it much worse.  How many great WRs and olines did any of them have?  Allen may not have had the best help his rookie season but he had atleast had a pretty solid oline in year 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Billl said:

Dak is replaceable?  He just threw for 10 more TDs and nearly 2000 yards more than Allen while completing over 65% of his passes and runs just as well as Josh.  He also never gets hurt.

Dak runs just as well as Allen on which planet? Certainly not this one. 

Also want to add that Dak has had a top 5 running back and line his entire career. You could also argue his receivers are well above what Allen has had to work with. 

Edited by DocLawless

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Holy moly.

The kid showed significant improvement from year one to year two and led the team to the playoffs with NINE new starters around him.

Sorry if that isn't improvement enough for you for a 23 year old kid coming from a small school he had to carry on his back.

Saying he simply didn't play well is a completely narrow-minded view on Allen.

I never said he was a franchise QB now, but unlike others, I will allow him to grow into the role.

I also apologize that Allen isn't Brady, Wilson, Mahomes, Watson and Jackson at the grand old age of 23.

Mahomes got drafted by Reid, with the best support system of offense in the NFL.

Watson played at Clemson and he extensive championship experience, which really helped his transition to the NFL. Plus he had Hopkins and Fuller. When did Allen ever have anything like that?

Jackson was a former Heissman winning QB and Baltimore rebuilt their entire offense to cater to him. Job well done by Baltimore, but Jackson has been brutal in two playoff games.

With all that said and to your point................ Allen still does have a lot to prove. But I think he has the talent and temperament to get there.

This ^

1 hour ago, Talley56 said:

If he deserves excuses then so do a lot of Bills castoff QBs over the years.  Not saying Allen is as bad as them but they didn't have it much better and I would argue in many cases they had it much worse.  How many great WRs and olines did any of them have?  Allen may not have had the best help his rookie season but he had atleast had a pretty solid oline in year 2.

The o line last year honestly was up and down. He had better protection the. Last year Yes, but it was still shaky.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think he has had legitimate excuses to this point. But those end now. It is kind of time to put up and shut up. Everything is in place for him to take another step this year and we will know a lot more about who Josh is after this season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he has had legitimate excuses to this point. But those end now. It is kind of time to put up and shut up. Everything is in place for him to take another step this year and we will know a lot more about who Josh is after this season. 

I agree that they end now due to him having weapons to throw to. And that’s if we’re even having football this season which unfortunately I’m having my doubts

• Like (+1) 1