I don’t get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here.

33 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Wrong; he had to spill his resume to put some weight on his opinion as if it has more validity than yours or mine.  He is using his background as a coach to validate his "I do have eyes" which comes across as I have more credibility than most posters.  Does he have more credibility than Beane and McDermott who made a multi-million dollar investment on a #7 pick? 

Let me point out other posters have pointed to their resumes consistency when trying to make a point here and depending on the viewers bias they only interject if they disagree that the use of such a resume can or should be used.

Do I think he has more credibility than a GM? Obviously not, but he is judging in hindsight not foresight which is easier to judge. When Akili Smith was drafted no person like myself knew more than any GM, but a few years later even a 7 yr old could look smarter in hindsight. "Dad I think he stinks!" Smarter than a GM? No, but hindsight knowledge is greater than foresight no matter what degree or position they hold. Watch: Stephon Diggs was a better pick than any pick in the 4th round of that year. Does that make me smarter than 32 GMs who picked in the 4th round? No, I have hindsight knowledge.

Whaley spent 2 1st rounders on a WR to justify his previous QB decision to keep his job rather than what's best for the team. GMs are emotional and not always rational. To be fair you could be right, and the guy who is a coach could be wrong, but debates on logic and facts are always best.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Take a breath Bulls Fans, Allen is/was  a somewhat raw rookie when he was drafted. Watson and Mahones had considerably better coaching in their college careers. Our brain trust saw something in Allen and it seems they were right. He has made great strides in the past two years and i suspect he will continue this year and gain the polish that good QB's have.Rogers wan't the QB who dropped a ball on the shoulder of a receiver when first came to G.BAllen has the desire to br good and the athleticism to take him there.i remember that some of you were apoletic when MCBeabe drafted allen over Rosen. How did that work out? I believe we have our Bills QB now. as Aaron Rogers said ,RELAX

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

You wanna compare Allen to Brady, Jackson, Mahomes, Watson and Wilson? Ok

But where were Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers after their second seasons?

We all KNEW that Josh Allen was a work in progress. He is doing fine so far for being that work in progress.

Let him continue to grow and work out his kinks. 

You are simply a part of that "instant gratification" society and want perfection immediately.

Allen is in year 3 and showed considerable improvement from year one to year two. Let him get there before calling him a bust.

I think you need to reread my post for comprehension.  My criticism was aimed specifically at the OP who was complaining about other posters  not embracing Allen as a bonafide "franchise QB" after his second season.   Brady, Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson cemented themselves as their teams' "franchise QBs" in their sophomore seasons.   Allen's  claim to the "franchise QB" tag is much more tenuous because he simply didn't play as well.  That doesn't mean -- and I never claimed -- that he can't continue to improve and become a franchise QB, but in reality he's not one now, and arguing he's a "franchise QB" simply because he's better than the trash that the Bills have started at QB for the past twenty years is disingenuously setting the bar at 2 inches off the ground and cheering that he clears it.  The OP needs to aim higher --- and maybe you do, too. 

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 4

To me, Josh IS indeed the Bills franchise QB we've been waiting for. Sure, he needs to improve, and he could NOT be. I guess my default mode is that he is that future elite QB and growing in that role before our eyes, while for many the default mode is PROVE IT JOSH and till then he is not. We'll see. Nobody knows. Can we at least agree we should ALL root for him to be?

7 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s got to be his panicking and deer in headlights freeze. 

The playoff game, his weaknesses were exposed. 

He needs to become a franchise QB this year, the pressure is on. 

B.S

I think that ppl just miss it always wanting the shiny new toy

- Top 5 QBs do NOT grow on Trees

- When you have a franchise guy (which Josh is) you dont let them get away......Josh would get scooped up before his feet hit the ground

- Raw.....still improving.....has not had the best offense around him......

This is a complete non issue....we are not going to get some other teams franchise QB and they cant have ours

9 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

high expectations

qb is the highest paid position in the game so there is concern about the looming extension in 1-2 years

Is Josh a later bloomer can he get better with accuracy and pocket presence and avoid stupid negative plays, picks, fumbles, etc

if we dont get it right with him yeah we are kinda screwed like any other team

i think he is doing his part, the OL is solidifying, we have improved the WR positions over the past two seasons,  the schemes-plays-coaching is refining as well, I am sure the game is slowing down for him esp against good defenses and schemes

hoping for the best, but as some point a decision will be made and expect this place to have a mushroom cloud over it

Maybe, maybe not.  It all depends on the the QB.  I seriously doubt that there was any mushroom cloud over the Titans' decision to replace Mariota with Tannehill or with the Bucs' decision to send Jameis packing even before TB12 became a real options.  Nobody in KC is likely to quibble over what the Chiefs eventually pay Mahomes.  There might very well be a mushroom cloud over Houston if the Texans somehow fail to secure Watson long term.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

I think you need to reread my post for comprehension.  My criticism was aimed specifically at the OP who was complaining about other posters  not embracing Allen as a bonafide "franchise QB" after his second season.   Brady, Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson cemented themselves as their teams' "franchise QBs" in their sophomore seasons.   Allen's  claim to the "franchise QB" tag is much more tenuous because he simply didn't play as well.  That doesn't mean -- and I never claimed -- that he can't continue to improve and become a franchise QB, but in reality he's not one now, and arguing he's a "franchise QB" simply because he's better than the trash that the Bills have started at QB for the past twenty years is disingenuously setting the bar at 2 inches off the ground and cheering that he clears it.  The OP needs to aim higher --- and maybe you do, too. 

This would be more believeable if you didnt B word about EVERYTHING

Still...yes Josh is still a work in progress

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoTier said:

You don't "get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here" because you want everybody else to be a cheerleader for Allen like you are.  Excusing Allen's performance deficiencies by comparing him to many of the duds that the Bills have put on the field over the last twenty years is simply cheerleading. Realistic criticism of how a player performs his job is not "hate". 

The last time I looked, Josh Allen would never be confused with Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson or Tom Brady after their second NFL seasons, so wanting Allen to improve his QB skills or discussing the Bills acquiring a better QB is hardly "hate".    His peers are the other "franchise QBs" currently in the NFL, and compared to them, his play comes up short.  He's had some valid excuses in his first two seasons, but he needs to demonstrate significant improvement if he wants to be considered one.   If Allen wasn't the Bills starting QB, I am sure you would not be calling him a "franchise QB" at this point in his career.

As for speculation about or comparison to Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes, that's always going to be there for Allen thanks to the Bills trade of the #10 pick in 2017 with both Mahomes and Watson still on the board.  The only way that is mitigated is if Allen becomes a great NFL QB in his own right.  Mahomes already is a great QB, and Watson is only a notch below him.  At this point in their careers, $30 million for Watson would be a steal but Allen isn't worth half that.  He needs to prove he is.

Post of the day !

11 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m a big fan of Josh Allen, but some folks might say he is a wild QB. At times he misses easy throws that even a high school QB could make only to follow through with a stellar pass that only a handful of QBs like Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes would even think about trying. I think he just needs to be more consistent with his release and his footwork. Sometimes he releases the ball too high, other times too low. He is a gifted QB but can suffer from lazy mechanics. Kid is a really special talent. He has God given gifts that can make him a top 2-3 QB, he just needs to put it all together. I’m a huge believer in Allen, but I say this while knowing that this is about the long haul. It may take another year or two before he is polished enough to be the QB we wish him to be. That doesn’t mean that he won’t pay dividends before then, nor does it mean he’ll be a poor QB. It just means that he needs some time before he reaches that upper echelon of QBs. I’m grateful that we have a great defense and running attack behind him because that aspect is paramount for us if we want to win the division and make a push in the playoffs. Allen is raw, but he has a roster loaded with talent behind him. He doesn’t need to do it all, he has plenty of help. Let the defense do their thing, hand the ball off to Singletary and get the ball to your playmakers. Even if Allen just throws for 4,000 yards and 28 TDS while keeping the turnovers down, that’s probably good enough to go to the AFC Championship game or even a Super Bowl with this roster. Don’t try and do too much. He’s just not there yet.

Another great post

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

is your resume supposed to give your opinion more weight than others!  I know a lot of 4-Star Generals who are dumb as ****.  I have eyes too as well as many others here too, and I see a kid who is still tapping into his potential.  He wasn’t groomed like all these other prodigy QBs yet he’s outplaying most of them.  And for someone like you to say his football IQ is so low is nothing but biased eyes.  You don’t work with him, coach him, or even know him.  In fact, your bias and thumping of your chest says more about your insecurities than Allen.  

I told you I'm not claiming expertise . As I said, I have eyes  and if you can't see the MAJOR issues he needs to overcome then we just disagree. Thank you the heart felt analysis of my insecurities but I'm doing fine. Blessings to you. 

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I don’t understand the hate Josh gets either! Sure he can be scrutinized for his weaknesses and that is fair. But one thing that stands out to me that is a characteristic of great QBs is that players around them become better or at least more productive! Brown and Beasley had career years last season!!?