I don’t get the hate that Josh Allen gets around here.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You know what would be nice? If somehow the two were put up against each other in a nationally televised game, where each had to face a top-10 defense. Then we could see which one of them had the best game of his career and which one turned the ball over twice and needed a garbage time score to crest 7 points.

If only...

...wait...

You’re better than this..

Just now, Bangarang said:

You’re better than this..

Relax. This poster goes to the Dak-is-light-years-ahead well waaaaaaaay too often and refuses to acknowledge any positives about Josh. 

So when he does so, I feed him the above narrative, which is equally obtuse.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Relax. This poster goes to the Dak-is-light-years-ahead well waaaaaaaay too often and refuses to acknowledge any positives about Josh. 

So when he does so, I feed him the above narrative, which is equally obtuse.

I am relaxed but admittedly I’m not up to date on the on-going rivalries here. 

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I am relaxed but admittedly I’m not up to date on the on-going rivalries here. 

Here’s a snapshot: I have no rivalries. I do, however, take notice of agendas and rib those that perpetually carry on with them

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Trust me I like Reich as much as the next fan. But he was in no way a starting QB, both Carolina and The Jets found that out the hard way. Great teammate and probably the best back up that ever played the game, but was a horrible starter. If the NFL had a Hall Of Fame for back ups he’d probably be a first ballot lol

I think Earl Morrall might have been the best back up.

I get it he’s not perfect, but neither was Kemp, or Ferguson or even Kelly for that matter. First it’s finally we have a franchise QB now all of a sudden it’s let’s go get Watson and let Allen go so we don’t have to pay him 30 million. Like some of you guys need to make up your minds. Either your with Allen or your not. Again while Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL, we are also the most spoiled. Appreciate what we have and root for the guy to succeed. Things could be worse, we could still have Tyrod( I can’t throw the football) Taylor or Nathan( I cant stop throwing to the other team) Peterman. Or how about EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton or even better Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis. I can’t imagine if Kelly’s first year in Buffalo happened in today’s game, there would probably be a million threads about running him out of town and demanding that we draft someone else. I understand being critical and even being concerned, but some of you guys need to stop being negative and back off a bit and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

While assembling your straw man, you missed the 2 (3?) threads listing Allen's MVP odds, among others, that demonstrate little if any "hate" for JA.

• Like (+1) 3

Young QBs are always incredibly polarizing and cause a lot of friction within fanbases. 

I lump Josh Allen in with a lot of the other young QBs isn’t he game (Darnold, Mayfield, Murray, Jones, Haskins). He’s got a chance to be the long term answer, but you don’t know definitively if he will or if he won’t be. Winston and Mariota looked pretty promising after 1-2 years and it didn’t work out well for them. On the other end of the spectrum you’ve got guys like Drew Brees and Eli Manning whom looked like busts after 1-2 years and  became hall of famers. 

All these guys are starting next year and will have the opportunity to write their own narratives.

Edited by JetsFan20
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Again I will ask: does anyone see any evidence to support the idea that Allen will continue to improve and elevate his game to the next level?

Now, the converse: does anyone see any evidence to support the idea that Allen will NOT continue to improve and elevate his game to the next level?

the perfect questions to ask. 

Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

You should check out their boards.  By and large, Browns and Jets fans are saying that their QBs need to play better.  They aren’t calling for them to be replaced today, but acknowledge that they need to be better or that’s on the horizon.  Really similar talk to that of the majority of Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I have said it before and I will say it again I remember a lot of Bills fans wanting Reich to start over Kelly permanently.

Its human nature...the grass is always greener on the other side of the street. 

Not to mention people love to say "I told you so."  There's enough to pick on that people who hated Allen can still cling to their failed predictions.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I get it he’s not perfect, but neither was Kemp, or Ferguson or even Kelly for that matter. First it’s finally we have a franchise QB now all of a sudden it’s let’s go get Watson and let Allen go so we don’t have to pay him 30 million. Like some of you guys need to make up your minds. Either your with Allen or your not. Again while Bills mafia is the best fan base in the NFL, we are also the most spoiled. Appreciate what we have and root for the guy to succeed. Things could be worse, we could still have Tyrod( I can’t throw the football) Taylor or Nathan( I cant stop throwing to the other team) Peterman. Or how about EJ Manuel or Kyle Orton or even better Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis. I can’t imagine if Kelly’s first year in Buffalo happened in today’s game, there would probably be a million threads about running him out of town and demanding that we draft someone else. I understand being critical and even being concerned, but some of you guys need to stop being negative and back off a bit and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be patient as the kids still young and is only going into his third year in the NFL. I don’t see Cleveland or New Jersey fans coming down on their QBS as much as I see here. And in my opinion Allen is way better than Darnold and Mayfield. 

I agree with the general gist of what you say. I gotta disagree though with your comment about Darnold and Mayfield. They have each had their fair share of detractors this past season in particular. 

I also think you should include the likes of Kyler Murray, Gardner Minshew and Josh Rosen in your comparison. All these QBs are gonna develop at their own pace. Stable coaching which Allen has had so far, gives him a great chance for success. Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield haven't had that. But at this point none of us can know for sure what the careers for all these guys will turn out to be like. 

Allen has these next two seasons to impress before any decisions will need to be made.

Let's hope their IS a season. Everyone stay safe!

Edited by DefenseWins
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

He's just saying he has perspective, not that he is more valuable. Saying his football IQ is low is not biased, it's his view-point. What you could do if you weren't so biased yourself is maybe ask him "why do you think he has a low IQ?" Then be patient and make a reasonable response.

Wrong; he had to spill his resume to put some weight on his opinion as if it has more validity than yours or mine.  He is using his background as a coach to validate his "I do have eyes" which comes across as I have more credibility than most posters.  Does he have more credibility than Beane and McDermott who made a multi-million dollar investment on a #7 pick? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Wrong; he had to spill his resume to put some weight on his opinion as if it has more validity than yours or mine.  He is using his background as a coach to validate his "I do have eyes" which comes across as I have more credibility than most posters.  Does he have more credibility than Beane and McDermott who made a multi-million dollar investment on a #7 pick? 

Because NFL GMs and HCs are never wrong?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

Josh Allen has proved he isn't a good quarterback. He can't make the easy throw, he panics far too often, and tries to be the hero all the time. He has great mobility and a strong arm but that's it. This fanbase is oblivious because we've endured years of JP Losman, Trent Edwards, Tyrod Taylor, etc for the last 20 years that anyone that has the "potential" to be a good QB is seen as the second coming.

We have the wrong Josh Allen on our team, the real Josh Allen is down in Jacksonville.

These 2 sentences are all the proof your Dr. needs to up your dosage significantly.

GTFOH.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Allen made progress in certain areas but also regressed, such being less accurate this past season on deep passes compared to his rookie year.  If there's a season this year, he needs to show more consistent progress or the haters will likely be out in full force.

Ahh yes the haters. Just like there were EJ haters, Fitz haters and Tyrod haters. Maybe people just want to see better QB play?

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1